Father, brother of Saudi teen flying to Thailand

webfact

There are always 2 sides to every story.

This is not just about a runaway girl, but one that demands refugee status in a foreign country.

Anyone who has followed the story on foreign media will know that the UN has not yet made a decision on this case, but is still investigating ,

Nothing to do with big joke, and glad to see that this forum once again is full of experts.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, simon43 said:

If they do have a face-to-face meeting, I would recommend that the father and especially her brother are given a full body search, to check for any concealed weapons.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if they intended to commit an 'honour killing' right there in front of the UNHCR.

My worry too. If any harm comes to her now, or days/weeks/months later, it would be the fault of this spineless Thai government. Not that they care about human rights anyway.

Sure hope the BIB search these male relatives for guns, knives, bottles of acid before they are allowed near the girl. It will look real bad if something bad happens to her here in Thailand. Why Thailand didn't just send the problem on to Australia is a mystery to me. These Saudi's must have a lot of clout. Got to wonder if any of the Turkey team are accompanying the male relatives.

"Zainah Anwar, executive director of Musawah, a global project, which seeks to restore equality and justice for men and women in Muslim family law, said the guardianship system treats women as if they were "children" in Muslim Saudi Arabia."

As if! 

19 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Why are the Thai authorities allowing her father and brother to come?

She is 18 an adult, not a minor child.

No matter what happens Big Joke will twist things, string it out just so he gets as much media coverage as possible.

Well there is no reason to stop them coming, although hopefully it is the girl's choice as to whether she has to meet with them.

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Considering her sheltered upbringing, this young lady is very brave. Provided she is granted asylum by some developed country I feel she has potential to be the next Aayan Ali Hirsi or Shazia Hobbs. Great to see this 18 year old turn the world's focus back on Saudi and ideologies that have no place in modern times. This is how change happens folks.

The father and brother will fit in well with their countrymen in the lower Sukhumvit bars and massage establishment and forget why they came here.

Frightening, this coming to Thailand of father and brother.

Guess if she goes back, she will disappear, due to leaving the family and renouncing islam, the latter being punish by death.

She is fortunate she was able to board a flight anywhere unlike the thousands of foreign household staff imprisoned, documents destroyed, physically and sexually abused by both male and female saudis and mercilessly murdered every day.

46 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

The father and brother will say, "our little poor sister is insane, please let her come back with us in our lovely country."

If this is really everything they do she is lucky.

Judging from other news of Saudi Arabia, the government and the people i could imagine something like:

The father and brother will kill her because of honor. Then a Thai judge will set a bail (surprisingly a month later the judge has a nice new house, car and watches). The Saudi government will pay the bail, issue them new passports and fly them back home.

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I sense a money deal in the making. What's the betting she will be handed over to her male relatives, taken back to Saudi, and never heard of again?

Too much world attention going on for that !

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

This young woman might have just opened the proverbial Pandora box of maltreatment of girls and women under muslim/sharia laws whereby forced marriages severe punishments and even death are everyday life for those unfortunate enough to be part of this religion, we all know how it started, where will it end will be interesting to see...

Can you give us a proof of the Sharia law advocates what you have said?

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

Too much world attention going on for that !

I sincerely hope so too.

I hope she and UNHR are strong enough to refuse any meetings arranged until after it's a done deal and she has safe passage to somewhere, and, her destnation is not broadcast all over the gutter press. ie any newspaper or news source claiming 'the publics right to know.'

so she is 18.  she has the right to travel on her own.  The fact the Saudi family wants her back should be irrelevant.  If she was seeking asylum in Australia then she should have just flown on to Australia, assuming she has money/visa that is.  Why in the world would the Thai officials detain her?  I know a silly question given the Saudi money influence

So the Woman is 18 Years old who gives a rats ass what Brother and Dad want?

The woman should be given her passport and allowed to apply for a Visa to any country she is able..

I'm 100% sure a country in the 21 century would allow her at minimum a Tourist Visa if not asylum..

International LAW trumps stone age morons from camel humping country..

3 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

so she is 18.  she has the right to travel on her own.  The fact the Saudi family wants her back should be irrelevant.  If she was seeking asylum in Australia then she should have just flown on to Australia, assuming she has money/visa that is.  Why in the world would the Thai officials detain her?  I know a silly question given the Saudi money influence

First the disclaimer: I firmly hope this woman is allowed to continue her journey to Australia, where she will be given due consideration for refugee status.  However, to answer your question:

Thai officials detained her because:

1. She tried to enter Thailand without having the correct documentation / prerequisites for a visa on arrival.

2. As reported, the KSA government cancelled her passport while she was enroute, which would have shown up on Thai immigration computers.

Had she booked a connecting flight to Australia and checked in for it at the airside transfer desk, without trying to enter Thailand, she could have still concealed her goal of travelling there from the officials in KSA / Kuwait, and no doubt would already be in Australia, where, again, no doubt, her cancelled passport would have been picked up on and she would be held while her case was decided on.  I wonder if that would have attracted the same publicity though?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Are the father and brother psychiatrists? 

no  but  they  are  the  only  ones  needing psychiatric  help  along  with  all  other "believers"..the  sane  one  is  the  girl..tragic but  true

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Frightening, this coming to Thailand of father and brother.

Guess if she goes back, she will disappear, due to leaving the family and renouncing islam, the latter being punish by death.

And we’ll never hear about it.

Of she goes hom

55 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Then what's UN good for?

She is under their protection now... or am I too naive?

At this point, I’m not sure. They definitely shouldn’t put her father and brother in a room with her, supervised or not. She is trying to escape them.

This has bad written all over it.

43 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Easy answer.

Read the whole thread. ????

33 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

So the Woman is 18 Years old who gives a rats ass what Brother and Dad want?

International LAW trumps stone age morons from camel humping country..

Thailand isn’t exactly up to modern standards when it comes to human rights and the treatment of, well, anything.

Thais don’t hump camels, but only because they don’t have them. I’d like to remind you of the dog group sex ring recently busted in Chiang Mai. 

24 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

First the disclaimer: I firmly hope this woman is allowed to continue her journey to Australia, where she will be given due consideration for refugee status.  However, to answer your question:

1. She tried to enter Thailand without having the correct documentation / prerequisites for a visa on arrival.

2. As reported, the KSA government cancelled her passport while she was enroute, which would have shown up on Thai immigration computers.

Had she booked a connecting flight to Australia and checked in for it at the airside transfer desk, without trying to enter Thailand, she could have still concealed her goal of travelling there from the officials in KSA / Kuwait, and no doubt would already be in Australia, where, again, no doubt, her cancelled passport would have been picked up on and she would be held while her case was decided on.  I wonder if that would have attracted the same publicity though?

She didn't officially enter Thailand.

See 'Transit'

57 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Can you give us a proof of the Sharia law advocates what you have said?

She has publicly renounced the Islamic faith and consequently: "'Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him' Hadith Sahih Al-Bukhari 9:57."

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

This young woman might have just opened the proverbial Pandora box of maltreatment of girls and women under muslim/sharia laws whereby forced marriages severe punishments and even death are everyday life for those unfortunate enough to be part of this religion, we all know how it started, where will it end will be interesting to see...

I see that YOU also do not Capitalize 'muslim' or 'sharia'...........

I also refuse to respect them by Capitalizing the words.........

The more I learn about both of them the more disgusted I get.... and now learning that this girl can be killed just for wanting out of their religion.......   Pitiful....... Those 5th century beliefs in a 'modern FREE World' Where women can be 'treated like Thai-Dogs' and just kicked around by any guy and married-off to an old coger to be used and abused at 10-12 years old

37 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Nearly right except that her passport was taken from her in transit by someone who shouldn't really be allowed in there and then it was cancelled.

Archived