Question on start date for the new rules on showing income

The announcement from Immigration says the new procedures for showing income from a bank balance begin in 2020. My next extension of stay is due in October. Will they accept proof of funds from both my Direct Deposit at Bangkok Bank and my credit union balance?  Two of my payments are deposited 

in the USA. How many months of funds transfers (40 thousand Thai Baht in my case, since I'm married) do I have to show in October? I need to know if I need to get an agent, since I won't be able to show a full year of transfers.

Edited by KhunFred

25 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

The announcement from Immigration says the new procedures for showing income from a bank balance begin in 2020.

No, started already.
The requirements detailed here are in effect from 1st January 2019.

From there: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1076820-confirmed-here-is-exactly-what’s-needed-for-retirement-marriage-extensions-income-method-from-2019/

24 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

How many months of funds transfers () do I have to show in October?

I would say 9-10 ok, but you have lot of time to see how things will go a few months before your turn.

Edited by Pattaya46

27 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

How many months of funds transfers (40 thousand Thai Baht in my case, since I'm married) do I have to show in October? I need to know if I need to get an agent, since I won't be able to show a full year of transfers.

That is not clear as of now.

You should start transferring them into a Thai bank now. Immigration should be flexible this year since the new requirements have already gone into effect as of the date the amendment was issued. 

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not clear as of now.

You should start transferring them into a Thai bank now. Immigration should be flexible this year since the new requirements have already gone into effect as of the date the amendment was issued. 

You can not transferring any money if you don't have a bank account, still in phuket no one can open a bank account if they don't have B-visa whit work permit soon every bank in Thailand, they are scared about black money drug money ++++.

5 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

You can not transferring any money if you don't have a bank account, still in phuket no one can open a bank account if they don't have B-visa whit work permit soon every bank in Thailand, they are scared about black money drug money ++++.

I am not sure that is correct info. Perhaps your personal experience.

There is no written requirement on any bank website I have seen that states it is mandatory.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no written requirement on any bank website I have seen that states it is mandatory.

Its not my experience a have a 3 bank account for 14 years so ok for me, but new people some want open a bank account problem. You think one Thai can go to like europe/ Scandinavien and open a bank account can not.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have opened 3 bank accounts here. Never been turned down by any of them. I usually only deposit about 10,000 baht on opening an account. Am I just lucky? Not sure what the problem is with others opening an account. I will admit though that I have a yellow book that I present to them. Maybe that is why. 

47 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I think the bigger question is what evidence will Immigration need to confirm the income as "foreign". I don't want to open a Bangkok Bank account and find out later that my Krungsri bank account was acceptable.

Any bank should be able to confirm it was a international transfer.

The problem is that some banks do not have code in the bank book that confirms it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

The announcement from Immigration says the new procedures for showing income from a bank balance begin in 2020. My next extension of stay is due in October. Will they accept proof of funds from both my Direct Deposit at Bangkok Bank and my credit union balance?  Two of my payments are deposited 

in the USA. How many months of funds transfers (40 thousand Thai Baht in my case, since I'm married) do I have to show in October? I need to know if I need to get an agent, since I won't be able to show a full year of transfers.

It was reported in an earlier thread on this same topic that, for the first year, TI will "work with you and accept what ever history of the 65,000 b you can show leading up to the extension''. (read 40,000 THB as well)

That's only reasonable of course. Not everyone will be fully prepared with a years worth of income evidence. I'm sure there's no need for you to go searching out agencies.

You can view the article here:

I'm saving my money to pay a visa service. Won't be able to show 12 months of transfers until my NEXT extension in 2020.  They can't help but make things exponentially more difficult. They get MILLIONS in foreign aid from the west but can't cut western citizens a break. Thai economics.

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

I'm saving my money to pay a visa service. Won't be able to show 12 months of transfers until my NEXT extension in 2020.  They can't help but make things exponentially more difficult. They get MILLIONS in foreign aid from the west but can't cut western citizens a break. Thai economics.

I would show up and try it with your transfers from now until October - should be more than enough (10 xfers) for the first year of the program.  Worst-case, if they make a fuss, go ahead and spend your 1900 + the other 11K on an agent.  If not, enjoy spending the 11K extra on something more entertaining.

• Thanks 1