Jump to content

Video: Not again! Find this "farang" graffiti artist


webfact

Recommended Posts

Video: Not again! Find this "farang" graffiti artist

 

3pm.jpg

Picture: Chiang Rai Tourist Police

 

The Facebook page of the Chiang Rai Tourist Police issued an appeal to find a western man caught spray painting on shops in the area of the old Chiang Rai bus station. 

 

CCTV footage showed the man - who was carrying a bottle of Chang beer - leave a message on some shutters of one shop and the outside step of another. 

 

People with information were urged to call the cops on 053 152 547.

 

Late last year a man from Liverpool and a Canadian woman were arrested and later fined heavily after spray painting the historic Tha Pae gate in Chiang Mai. 

 

Source: Chiang Rai Tourist Police

 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-11
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Late last year a man from Liverpool and a Canadian woman were arrested and later fined heavily after spray painting the historic Tha Pae gate in Chiang Ma

Don't forget, those metal shutters and the tiles must be hundreds of years old and of historical importance.

<Sarcasm alert for the hard-of-learning>

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a dumba$$. Surely if you are going to do this you scope out the CCTV cameras first so that you don't get caught? At least he left his "message" on the shutters and not on the floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Facebook page of the Chiang Rai Tourist Police issued an appeal to find a western man caught spray painting on shops in the area of the old Chiang Rai bus station. 

Yea but was the spelling correct .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

CCTV footage showed the man - who was carrying a bottle of Chang beer -

Though other beers are also available for thinking about it graff' artistes ..

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

What a dumba$$. Surely if you are going to do this you scope out the CCTV cameras first so that you don't get caught? At least he left his "message" on the shutters and not on the floor.

You can't check for CCTV cameras and drink beer - that stinks of multi-tasking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So how many times more do we have to endure similar stories, there are 40 odd millions tourists coming to this country every year and some bound to be on the wildside.. what do you do? arrest them all?...

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

So how many times more do we have to endure similar stories, there are 40 odd millions tourists coming to this country every year and some bound to be on the wildside.. what do you do? arrest them all?...

I would hope all foreign law breakers are arrested, whether drug runners, murders or retards who get some kind of weird thrill from spraying paint on other people's property.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Don't forget, those metal shutters and the tiles must be hundreds of years old and of historical importance.

<Sarcasm alert for the hard-of-learning>

 

Yes. The old metal shutters. He just wanted to recolour them.

 

Why is all this street art taking place in posh parts of Thailand? Up here in Isaan, no-one can be bothered.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Yes. The old metal shutters. He just wanted to recolour them.

Why is all this street art taking place in posh parts of Thailand? Up here in Isaan, no-one can be bothered.

Perhaps up here in the 'impoverished north-east', doing the same might result in a grant be awarded by the tessaban for aesthetic improvement to the area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet Thais can glue sticker adverts on my patio uprights, with glue so strong it rips off the paint when I remove them. Double standards again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Kolantaman said:

Please implemwnt the Taiwan punishment.....250 lashes with a cane.....life time ban to ever enter Thailand, 90,000baht fine plus 15 days in a Thai jail.

Fantastic.

 

Why not get him to spray the inside of his body, hang him up by the toes (partially clad) and invite the locals to hurl abuse at him; and anything else. That'll drive some respect in him.

 

OR. Get him to spray the rest of the shutter at his expense. And then!! Make him give art lessons to the local kids. Everyone's a winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Find him convict him and jail him simpleton

Absolutly not only that deport him, excuse me but I get so angry at these people that feel that they have the right to deface any wall area there is no place for it two bob says that these people wouldn't do it on there own home or belonging also give them a week in a Thailand jail. Done 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After the first case at Tha Pae Gate, he should be worried that the Thai's don't decide to make an example of a foreigner, to nip this in the bud. Especially if he wrote anything abusive.

 

Obviously premeditated, as he went equipped to do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

So how many times more do we have to endure similar stories, there are 40 odd millions tourists coming to this country every year and some bound to be on the wildside.. what do you do? arrest them all?...

more  to  the  point  is  that  theres  plenty  of  graffiti  everywhere  in thailand  and  its  99.9% done by......................thais

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Don't forget, those metal shutters and the tiles must be hundreds of years old and of historical importance.

<Sarcasm alert for the hard-of-learning>

 

So it is OK to damage other peoples property?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

 

What a numb nuts back packer. As a "professional graffiti artist", I would think he would have had the brains (hahaha) and experience to do a little research about his illegal activity and the penalties for doing it in a foreign country. All he would have had to do is a simple internet search.

I did and here's what came up.

Two tourists' graffiti might end them up in a Chiang Mai jail. A British and Canadian tourist face up to 10 years in prison after being charged with vandalism. The pair spray-painting graffiti on an ancient city brick wall in Chiang Mai.Oct 20, 2018

I'm guessing by now that they've already nabbed him as a result of that great screen grab from the CCTV.

Lock 'm up !

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

So it is OK to damage other peoples property?

No, but calling for caning, outrageous fines and deportation is over the top IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...