i gotta get out of this place if it's the last thing i ever do

Just now, BritManToo said:

At 62 there isn't much left for me to do, apart from waiting to die.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? 62 isn't old. You "should" have another 30 years to do good in this world sir. Why do you not try to do more in life than spend so much time on a msg board? This comment of yours truly makes me sad Britman. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? 62 isn't old. You "should" have another 30 years to do good in this world sir. Why do you not try to do more in life than spend so much time on a msg board? This comment of yours truly makes me sad Britman. 

Average life expectancy for a man in Thailand is 71, and most of the guys I've known didn't last that long.

(Thai or foreigner)

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Average life expectancy for a man in Thailand is 71, and most of the guys I've known didn't last that long.

(Thai or foreigner)

No, the average life expectancy for a THAI man is 71. Folks from other countries have different genes and life expectancies even tho they live in Thailand. Maybe, just maybe (and I sincerely don't mean this in a bad way) it's that you and the folks you refer to spend far too much time at the pub? Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't add years to your life but rather subtracts. My older relatives on average live into their early 90's and aren't bed-bound but rather very active. I'm in better shape than they ever were so making it to the same age regardless where I live is what I expect.

8 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

My older relatives on average live into their early 90's and aren't bed-bound but rather very active. I'm in better shape than they ever were so making it to the same age regardless where I live is what I expect.

They aren't living in Thailand, and you are, expect to die 20 years earlier than them.

They aren't living in Thailand, and you are, expect to die 20 years earlier than them

Going off-topic, but why should your life expectancy drastically reduce when you move to live in Thailand?  Unless we are all killed by errant taxi drivers, there must be some other major change in one's life to get that reduction in life expectancy, such as drinking alcohol like a fish every day, eating unhealthy foods, smoking like a chimney etc etc.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

They aren't living in Thailand, and you are, expect to die 20 years earlier than them.

Not a chance. I guess you don't understand the benefits of exercise, eating properly and lower stress. I will indeed exceed the lifespans of my relatives. Not a doubt. 

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Going off-topic, but why should your life expectancy drastically reduce when you move to live in Thailand?  Unless we are all killed by errant taxi drivers, there must be some other major change in one's life to get that reduction in life expectancy, such as drinking alcohol like a fish every day, eating unhealthy foods, smoking like a chimney etc etc.

"Whatever you do, do it to the best of your ability - coming last is fine if you did your best"... one of the best quotes I've ever heard.

6 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Or it could be the hot weather, humidity, lower levels of medical care, lack of preventative medicine .........

(My parents in the UK died ages 64 and 69, I'm almost 63)

Or it could be the hot weather, humidity, lower levels of medical care, lack of preventative medicine .........

Yes of course it depends on each individual's health etc.  For me, with (happily) no pre-existing conditions, daily exercise and a healthy diet, and definitely loving the hot weather, I hope to exceed my Dad's innings of 89 years ????

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Hot weather... go inside and turn on the AC. Easy fix.

Humidity... see above.

Lower levels of medical care... Not sure that is an issue unless you live 200 miles from a hospital of any type.

Preventative medicine? isn't that called eating well and exercising as part of your normal routine?

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Yes of course it depends on each individual's health etc.  For me, with (happily) no pre-existing conditions, daily exercise and a healthy diet, and definitely loving the hot weather, I hope to exceed my Dad's innings of 89 years ????

I'm right there with you Simon. My grandfather lived longer than anyone in the family tree to age 98. I plan on passing him by as well. :;) 

For 40-years, I worked 90 hours a week, lived in a 3000 baht apartment, saved every penny, ate rice all day...  had a great retirement package.

then i went to this bar.... and i was very hamson... her english not good and we no talk to you and i but i say it ok and you i give 100 million baht you ok yea no problem i happy oh you happy good we happy now i dumb dumb but ok ok good good... 

Anyway, completely off-topic from the OP.  I sympathise with Marko, having been there, done that, lost a lot myself in the past.  After 3 failed marriages, I realised that while no doubt there are some great women out there who would make an ideal partner for me, the bottom line is that I don't have the funds to risk/waste on yet another golddigger - I'd rather spend it all on myself now! (not totally true 'cos I fund my own educational charity in Burma).

Now I get much more personal satisfaction by spending money to donate schoolbooks to deserving kids, rather than spend it on some ungrateful girlfriend.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, petermik said:

Close the door behind you and don,t look back....... :whistling:

I was wondering if the OP actually had a question for us but it seems he just wanted to rant and waste all our time reading his post....

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Anyway, completely off-topic from the OP.  I sympathise with Marko, having been there, done that, lost a lot myself in the past.  After 3 failed marriages, I realised that while no doubt there are some great women out there who would make an ideal partner for me, the bottom line is that I don't have the funds to risk/waste on yet another golddigger - I'd rather spend it all on myself now! (not totally true 'cos I fund my own educational charity in Burma).

Now I get much more personal satisfaction by spending money to donate schoolbooks to deserving kids, rather than spend it on some ungrateful girlfriend.

Good way to spend it Simon. I plan on doing similar by sending children of poor Thais to college. Paying it forward so to speak.

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I was wondering if the OP actually had a question for us but it seems he just wanted to rant and waste all our time reading his post....

Or create an interesting discussion point... voice his views, seek advice & understanding... 

Nevertheless, your post above is also a rant... a rant complaining about someone’s rant.... 

.... and we haven’t all wasted time reading this... you don’t spesk for all of us readers, just yourself... perhaps you should start your own topic and bleet on about how you think some topics are a waste of your time.... 

48 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

(My parents in the UK died ages 64 and 69, I'm almost 63)

Britman - You reminded me of a lady I used to work with. Her mother died early in life (55) and my friend was wanting to retire as early as possible as she expected the same situation as her mother. She has a daughter she wanted to spend a lot of time with before her demise.  Well, I'm happy to say she's now 62 and rolling along in fine health. Even tho a parents longevity gives a bit of a clue as to their child's lifespan healthcare is better now and if we also exercise and eat well our longevity will be far beyond our parents God willing.   

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

Why do you not try to do more in life than spend so much time on a msg board?

You are the one who fills up most of the pages in this forum.

And you ask other people why they spend time here - a lot less time than you?

What else can we learn from you, superman?

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

No, the average life expectancy for a THAI man is 71. Folks from other countries have different genes and life expectancies even tho they live in Thailand. Maybe, just maybe (and I sincerely don't mean this in a bad way) it's that you and the folks you refer to spend far too much time at the pub? Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't add years to your life but rather subtracts. My older relatives on average live into their early 90's and aren't bed-bound but rather very active. I'm in better shape than they ever were so making it to the same age regardless where I live is what I expect.

I hope you live at least until you are 100 years old. Drinking tea and probably eating some vegetarian soy-whatever. Then you will have a lot of time thinking about how much fun you could have had if you would have gone more to those pubs and bars, get drunk from time to time and if you would have enjoyed life.

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You are the one who fills up most of the pages in this forum. 

And you ask other people why they spend time here - a lot less time than you?

What else can we learn from you, superman?

No, I've got 128 posts while you have 2399. I guess you got an "F" in math class. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope you live at least until you are 100 years old. Drinking tea and probably eating some vegetarian soy-whatever. Then you will have a lot of time thinking about how much fun you could have had if you would have gone more to those pubs and bars, get drunk from time to time and if you would have enjoyed life.

Really? There is so much fun in pubs getting drunk and listening to the same dribble from other drunks? Interesting. I'd rather spend my time outside of pubs with good people. Thanks for the though tho. ???? 

If you consider "enjoying life" as a vast inclusion of alcohol in ones life, well, I'll leave that as it is as it tells a lot about you. I wish you the best.

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

.... and we haven’t all wasted time reading this... you don’t spesk for all of us readers, just yourself... perhaps you should start your own topic and bleet on about how you think some topics are a waste of your time.... 

I've enjoyed participating in this thread, isn't this what life's all about?

Misfortune, adventures, death?

I've certainly packed more into my ten years in Thailand, than I managed in the previous 50 years in the UK.

@HuskerDo sex, alcohol and drugs are part of life's adventures, to live, you need to participate.

5 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

No, I've got 71 posts while you have 2399. I guess you got an "F" in math class. 

You are since 11 days TV member with 128 post.

And I am a member since 8 years with 2399 post.

One of use post in average over 10 times more than the other.

I am not sure if your are good enough in math to figure it out by yourself who writes more per day. I give you a hint: It's not me.

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You are since 11 days TV member with 128 post.

And I am a member since 8 years with 2399 post.

One of use post in average over 10 times more than the other.

I am not sure if your are good enough in math to figure it out by yourself who writes more per day. I give you a hint: It's not me.

"I am not sure if your are good enough in math"..... "And I am a member since 8 years with 2399 post".... "One of use post in average over 10 times more than the other".  

I know who is better at grammar and spelling and yes I give you a hint: it's NOT you. ???? 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry, I had to comment on this.... "expect to die 20 years earlier than them". I feel bad for you Britman, I truly do. We inherit the genes we do and it's up to us to live a healthy life. If we choose to spend our days in bars then yes we will all expect an earlier death than normal. You can't plant that "expect to die 20 years earlier than them" on me just due to living in Thailand.  

We are indeed different in how we've taken care of ourselves over the years. That's obvious. I hope you start treating yourself and your health better. 

Archived