i gotta get out of this place if it's the last thing i ever do

8 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Sorry, I had to comment on this.... "expect to die 20 years earlier than them". I feel bad for you Britman, I truly do. We inherit the genes we do and it's up to us to live a healthy life. If we choose to spend our days in bars then yes we will all expect an earlier death than normal. You can't plant that "expect to die 20 years earlier than them" on me just due to living in Thailand.  

We are indeed different in how we've taken care of ourselves over the years. That's obvious. I hope you start treating yourself and your health better. 

It is interesting that the difference in life expectancy between Thai males and females is approx 7 years, while that difference in the west is often much smaller. Could life expectancy of Thai males be so much lower because of road deaths, which often involve youngish male motorcyclists.  Take that factor out and possibly Britman could be looking at 75. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've enjoyed participating in this thread, isn't this what life's all about?

Misfortune, adventures, death?

I've certainly packed more into my ten years in Thailand, than I managed in the previous 50 years in the UK.

@HuskerDo sex, alcohol and drugs are part of life's adventures, to live, you need to participate. 

"sex, alcohol and drugs are part of life's adventures, to live, you need to participate".

That is truly one of the saddest comments I've ever heard. Sad. I assume you don't think there is anything after this life. That's extremely unfortunate.

If your parents died young, then did they die of an illness, such as heart attack, cancer, stroke etc?  If so, then you need to proactively 'guard' against those events in your own life.  For example, as drastic as it sounds, some women have a mastectomy because breast cancer runs in the family.  Others ensure that they get adequate exercise/cardio etc if their family has a history of heart problems, others ensure their diet is good if the family history is one of diabetes.....

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

It is interesting that the difference in life expectancy between Thai males and females is approx 7 years, while that difference in the west is often much smaller. Could life expectancy of Thai males be so much lower because of road deaths, which often involve youngish male motorcyclists.  Take that factor out and possibly Britman could be looking at 75. 

Good point IF he chooses to live a healthier lifestyle.  I hope he does. Even tho he and I have a vast difference of opinion on a number of topics I hope he has a long and fulfilling life. 

Pretty early on in my time in Thailand I decided, live in a basic apartment, dont let them think you've got any spare cash! Makes things much less complicated in the long-run. Those searching for the goldmine know i dont have one!

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

If your parents died young, then did they die of an illness, such as heart attack, cancer, stroke etc?  If so, then you need to proactively 'guard' against those events in your own life.  For example, as drastic as it sounds, some women have a mastectomy because breast cancer runs in the family.  Others ensure that they get adequate exercise/cardio etc if their family has a history of heart problems, others ensure their diet is good if the family history is one of diabetes.....

Well said Simon.

2 minutes ago, BobLowe said:

Pretty early on in my time in Thailand I decided, live in a basic apartment, dont let them think you've got any spare cash! Makes things much less complicated in the long-run. Those searching for the goldmine know i dont have one!

Smart man Bob. Very smart.

To the op.

How did you get hold of that 6M wasted bht? Inheritance? Lottery win? Sports star?

I wish you all the best. And really dont mean this as a dig, but i find it hard to believe that anyone who worked hardfor their money could spend it so freely.

22 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

But you are buying women.

Too bad you missed the whole point of sex. It's the when the other person is also into you.

Hope you get it one day.

The Christian way. You think she and I are not into each other because we don’t fake love and nobility and marriage.  Hope you get it someday. I am just happy I don’t live with the chains you worship and find noble. But I was you once and then I Woke Up. Go back to sleep now as it is a comfortable numbing state to live in or you take the red pill and all I can promise you is the truth, nothing more. 

3 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

The Christian way. You think she and I are not into each other because we don’t fake love and nobility and marriage.  Hope you get it someday. I am just happy I don’t live with the chains you worship and find noble. But I was you once and then I Woke Up. Go back to sleep now as it is a comfortable numbing state to live in or you take the red pill and all I can promise you is the truth, nothing more. 

I think Christians, at least some of them, call their state of mind "born again". How about you? "I woke up". I like that! ???? 

24 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

To the op.

How did you get hold of that 6M wasted bht? Inheritance? Lottery win? Sports star?

I wish you all the best. And really dont mean this as a dig, but i find it hard to believe that anyone who worked hardfor their money could spend it so freely.

The way Marko talk he s seems to be a multi millionaire. Sounds like a nice guy too. I'll leave the part out where he comes to Thailand to hook up with a bargirl.

8 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

The only pill you're taking is a blue pill.

12 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

The way Marko talk he s seems to be a multi millionaire. Sounds like a nice guy too. I'll leave the part out where he comes to Thailand to hook up with a bargirl.

Most Thai bargirls are as nice and fun and give you the time of your life - especially if you are a multi millionaire.

What many guys don't (want to) understand is that if you give them money without expecting instant fun then that money is likely wasted. Give them money every hour or so when you want their attention and they stay focused...

On 1/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, marko kok prong said:

No i said a wood cabin,somewhere cool like NZ south island .lucky i am an Aussie citizen,have you seen Lord of the rings filmed there in NZ stunning scenery,and 4 .5 million people in a country bigger than the uk,don't have that option,sorry for you old chap.

Of course being a Kiwi I do believe that New Zealand is a beautiful country and indeed I have spent the last few Christmases in Nelson (South Island) which I believe is a very lovely place with its quaint city (town) and beautiful countryside, along with the vineyards of course........not to mention good trout fishing if that's what does it for you.

And there would be a few times since I have lived in Patong (11 years plus) that I have thought about moving back to NZ and taking in some of that beautiful scenery and indeed enjoying the different seasons again, but I'm not sure that I could cope with the sometimes coolish summers and cold winters again, even though a place in the Northland area of the North Island would be warmer, still with some beautiful scenery etc.

But there are some things which stop me doing it, especially when I think of my life here, inasmuch as I have friends here, including ex-girlfriends, everything I need is close by and Patong for all its problems is a vibrant place. I also enjoy real massages (helps get over my many football injuries) and of course there are the rub and tug parlours if one feels it necessary, not to mention the fact that there are many very attractive women around the place – – none of which I would find in New Zealand unfortunately.

So Marko, think long and hard about what you're going to do and if you must, go and spend a month or two in the South Island of New Zealand and see if it takes your fancy.

On 1/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, BritManToo said:

The ignore button is easy to use, if you don't like us posters talking about sex, just ignore us.

I've actually found most men in Thailand have shared many of my experiences, women aren't all that different.

I think you may mean that the women you gravitate toward are not that different

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You are the one who fills up most of the pages in this forum.

And you ask other people why they spend time here - a lot less time than you?

What else can we learn from you, superman? 

"What else can we learn from you, superman?"

YOU can learn a LOT from others if you'd open your mind but you won't. You are trapped in your own little sad world. Best of luck to you my friend.

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Most Thai bargirls are as nice and fun and give you the time of your life - especially if you are a multi millionaire.

What many guys don't (want to) understand is that if you give them money without expecting instant fun then that money is likely wasted. Give them money every hour or so when you want their attention and they stay focused...

Any reason why you cannot take a non prostitute woman out for a night out and have an enjoyable time ?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

What's your secret? If you married her then I guess she changed to the better - hopefully a lot.

I think many of us start with a happy relationship but after a while it's not so happy anymore. And it seems few of us are able to change it to the better again.

What did you do? Do you have any advise for the rest of us?

Why is it SHE had to change for the better? Maybe both of them changed to make the situation work. You degrade women and think everything is their fault/issue to fix. Maybe a better question is to ask yourself "what did I do? how did I change? to make the relationship not go so well after a good start". If you want to have a really good relationship you have to own half of it and not blame the woman when things so sour.

As far as advice..... if he decided to share any advice with you it wouldn't help you. Every situation is different as are the people involved. What worked for him might not work for anyone else. You'll need to accept your faults and figure it out alone. Sorry. 

6 hours ago, sanemax said:
18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Any reason why you cannot take a non prostitute woman out for a night out and have an enjoyable time ?

My comment about bargirls was about another post about bargirls...

Sure, you can have lots of fun with lots of girls, prostitute or non-prostitute.

But it seems lots of women who would put themselves in the non-prostitute category are also interested in lots of money just like the prostitutes. Probably they don't ask for cash but many have no problems that you pay for an expensive night out and buy them a gift or two. But then, because they are good girls (or women) maybe they give you a peck on the cheek and tell you what a nice guy you are and wish you sweet dreams - alone.

And that's the moment when some of us think that if they spend anyhow lots of money then want to make sure they don't go home alone and have all the fun they want as long as they want and exactly the way they want it. ????

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My comment about bargirls was about another post about bargirls...

Sure, you can have lots of fun with lots of girls, prostitute or non-prostitute.

But it seems lots of women who would put themselves in the non-prostitute category are also interested in lots of money just like the prostitutes. Probably they don't ask for cash but many have no problems that you pay for an expensive night out and buy them a gift or two. But then, because they are good girls (or women) maybe they give you a peck on the cheek and tell you what a nice guy you are and wish you sweet dreams - alone.

And that's the moment when some of us think that if they spend anyhow lots of money then want to make sure they don't go home alone and have all the fun they want as long as they want and exactly the way they want it. ????

Money for sex.. money for sex... that's your life. You asked someone recently as to what his "secret" was to working out a situation with his lady that he is now happily married to. Why were you interested? You seem happy to pay for it and don't know how to treat a real lady anyway. It's doubtful you'll ever know a real woman but are rather happy with the "paid for" types. I feel bad you have such a life. I truly do. Your life and your choice. Enjoy.  

3 hours ago, smotherb said:
12 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

There is nothing like a professional to do a proper job :smile:

Really? That seems a naive approach when the criteria for a professional and for a proper job are so subjective.

I can agree that in this case the criteria may be subjective, that was just a generalisation.

I am still convinced that i believe in professionalism though.

Archived