Question regarding the 800K in the bank day of extension transaction type?

11 hours ago, sleepy99 said:

I was told that I can apply 45 days before my VISA expires? Not sure if that's true or not, but I always went to IM 30 days in advance with my previous extensions, and using the Affidavit method.

First off, it's NOT a visa- its an 'Retirement Extension'.  Depending on the office it can be anywhere from 45-30 days in advance. Ask them.

As stated previously go to the bank in plenty of time to ensure they can deal with this. One would think that in UT they can.

Also if you are not sure of things go to Immigration the week before you want to do the extension to check if there  is anything new to the process or any idiosyncrasies in the process at a local level. Immigration are far more approachable than some people on here will acknowledge. if you can, get a contact number so the bank can speak with them if unsure as to what they are being asked to produce (letter and statement should be no more than B2-300 baht depending on the bank).

As suggested above make a copy of the bank paperwork and retain it to show them next year if there are any difficulties due to staff turnover

Yu have all the info now- chill out, don't stress over it and have a pleasant weekend. I find my extensions the most stressful two days of the year but always sail through the process in the end.

Edited by Psimbo

11 hours ago, sleepy99 said:

Wish you could tell wich SCB branch you are using, as I've tried to open a SCB account at a branch on Taharn Road before and it was difficult so I tried another bank.

Use SCB at Tesco Nadee, the account is in Pattaya where I previously lived, they have no issues giving a letter.