Have you tried Jucing to loose weight

Oztaffy

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Nail on the head! we are all different to some extent and have to cater to that difference, "genetic typing" and "blood group" knowing where you are within these boundaries is essential, there is no "diet" that will work for all, yet this rarely addressed in the MSM as it consists mainly of promoting yet another new diet book! 

Yes we are all a bit different genetically some are sensitive to carbs others are not. There are many small differences. That makes it harder to find what fits with a certain person.

Also for sports some people only have to look at a tennis racket to become good at it others will never get it. Same goes for weigh training, give 2 people the same training and one will respond faster better then an other. 

The idea that we are all the same is just crazy.. so diet wise we also wont respond the same.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, kannot said:

trust me, if  u stop eating u will lose  weight....then die. we arent  talking about hunger sensations we are  talking about how to lose weight, it  really aint rocket science.

Whether "you" feel hungry or  not is irrelevant

Your right of course when you stop eating you lose weight. But obviously you never have encountered the hunger pangs others have. Just count yourself lucky. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

right ????

I heard that one before, plenty of scientific proof that with equal caloric intake it does not matter if you go keto or just stay with carbs. The result in fat burn will be the same.

I say go for keto if you like it but it certainly is not the only way. 

Couldn't agree more and I am living proof..

I lost 13 Kilos in 4 months easily by drinking beer, adapting to a sustainable lifelong diet irrespective of carbs and protein etc, yet balaced and extremely healthy with large portions of root vegetables and fruit incorporated, (still ate loads of non fatty meat too).

My 'not so secret' now that I am posting was to study online the calories of all potential food ingredients( took a few hours only) and prepare meals and snacks that were low calorie and couple that with lots of exercise that I had also calculated and researched their calorific burn per hour.

Simple really. It was pure maths and I kept a daily log of all. Calculate calories in versus calories out. Adapt meals and exercise accordingly.

Every day you can glean more info online and incorporate that into a totally sustainable lifestyle diet easily.

No fancy names or fads required, just common sense........

We bought agood slowjuicer about two years ago,cost nearly 7000 baht but is a very good machine.

We use it a lot and every now and then we do a week of juice fasting.

You can drink juice every time you feel hungry and that gets better over time.We buy a lot of cucumbers(around 10 baht per kilo)and use that as a base.If we would have gone to a juice bar we would have spend a lot more money already.I think this juicer paid for itself within half a year.How much do they charge at the juice bar?

4 minutes ago, kannot said:

My Mother ate  crap all her life....shes  90 and still driving.......

wait until the man tells you to take statins for the rest of your life, you might want to google that and work out how much it would cost and what it will do to you. Say you don't care about what happens to your wife and kids.

Then it's OK to say things like that. 

The day will come when they can work out what diet is likely to be good for you, at the moment we are just doing our best. Pretending that what you eat/drink isn't important isn't a sensible thing to do.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes we are all a bit different genetically some are sensitive to carbs others are not. There are many small differences. That makes it harder to find what fits with a certain person.

Also for sports some people only have to look at a tennis racket to become good at it others will never get it. Same goes for weigh training, give 2 people the same training and one will respond faster better then an other. 

The idea that we are all the same is just crazy.. so diet wise we also wont respond the same.

if  we  all dont eat Im gonna bet you 100% we are  all gonna  lose weight and die

3 minutes ago, cooked said:

wait until the man tells you to take statins for the rest of your life, you might want to google that and work out how much it would cost and what it will do to you. Say you don't care about what happens to your wife and kids.

Then it's OK to say things like that. 

The day will come when they can work out what diet is likely to be good for you, at the moment we are just doing our best. Pretending that what you eat/drink isn't important isn't a sensible thing to do.

and i never said it was..............didnt i read statins  were crap somewhere recently

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your right of course when you stop eating you lose weight. But obviously you never have encountered the hunger pangs others have. Just count yourself lucky. 

you dont know that, youre assuming, however after 1  day or so  those pangs disappear and you need to keep "busy" ie  do something to take  your mind off eating.

The  more you eat the more you want to eat.

Do some reading up on "diets" .. diets have been advertised for literally several hundred years and most always fail people because they don't stick to healthy eating habits.

Losing weight is a simple matter of ingesting less calories that the body burns. The body will then burn what it stores (in fat) and presto chango you lose wieght.

Keeping it off is about ones relationship with food and eating healthy. Personally I eat salad almost every day without fail. i buy it at the local market and make it myself at home. From there I eat very little meat and some carbs .. but not alot.

My problem with what small excess weight I have is I like to eat in front of the TV and later in the evening which is bad because sleeping on a full stomach is not advisable. I need to change that habit.

16 minutes ago, kannot said:

you dont know that, youre assuming, however after 1  day or so  those pangs disappear and you need to keep "busy" ie  do something to take  your mind off eating.

The  more you eat the more you want to eat.

As I said you assume we are all the same, it was a mistake that i made too when i was less educated about this topic. So I understand you mistake. I used to think along similar lines. Years of exercise diet and research have changed that. 

For me the hunger pangs NEVER go away its just a fact of life. I just make sure they don't get too intense. Gf never gets them even if she skips a whole day of food. You should educate yourself a bit and read more. 

But its true everyone can lose weight by eating less, its just harder for some then for others. 

51 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not only do we not respond the same we have different needs dependant on what genetic type we are, we live in a society that revels in sickness, how often do we hear "I have to be near to a hospital" people have so little understanding of what their bodies need, the information is out there but not promoted as such as too many massive "corporations" and the medical industry are getting rich from their poor choices and ill informed lifestyle.

I am not qualify to speak on health subject because I don't have a MD behind my name. Nevertheless I like to comment on this issue. If you stop eating wheat products or reduce them to the very minimal it may bring your weight down. Rice and other grains too. You need to eat lots of vegetable and I mean lots and lots of veggie, also fish and meat to replace the missing wheat products and lots of butter and fats(not vegetable fats like palm oil or soya bean oil) The fats keep you from hunger. But check your blood for cholesterol .

May be if you watch "Dr William Davis " on youtube you get some ideas from there too. He wrote a book called "Wheat Belly" . He sounds convincing.

I think Vegetable fats are just as harmful as animal fats (lard or beef fats). Anyone knows any alternative? Vegetable fats are just transfat aren't they? And they are worst than animal fat when hydrogenated (that's transfatty acid)

When I follow the above diet I lose weight by the week, so that is fast, no exercises needed. I think exercises may speed up the weight loss faster I haven't tried yet.

I cannot go on a juicing diet, i get too hungry all the time.

If you only drink juices your intake is: water, natural flavourings, and a mound of sugar. Because that is what juice is.

If you want to loose weight stop drinking alcohol, get on a bicycle, eat pleaty of whole wheat products and vegetables and WHOLE fruit.

Hell, just eat fruit for a few months, just don't juice and throw away the most important part of it: fibers!!

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

'Cleansing' is trendy nonsense

Yes, quite agree with you. By the way counting calories don't always work I think. But my car certainly go a certain kilometers on certain amount of petrol. But then I am not a car.

12 minutes ago, Bullie said:

If you only drink juices your intake is: water, natural flavourings, and a mound of sugar. Because that is what juice is.

If you want to loose weight stop drinking alcohol, get on a bicycle, eat pleaty of whole wheat products and vegetables and WHOLE fruit.

Hell, just eat fruit for a few months, just don't juice and throw away the most important part of it: fibers!!

There is a very big difference between juices,if you make your own juice from vegetables then there is not much sugar in that.If you by fruit juice in the store you are drinking sugar water.

1 minute ago, jvs said:

There is a very big difference between juices,if you make your own juice from vegetables then there is not much sugar in that.If you by fruit juice in the store you are drinking sugar water.

If you make fruit juice from fruit its almost as bad as the stuff you buy, vegetable juice is something else. Depending on the vegetable of course.

What worked best for me was a couple of three day fasts  to jumpstart the process and then a consistent program of intermittent fasting. I don’t eat for about 20 hours each day.  Not easy but really quite simple. Weightlifting helps me a lot too. 

Ditto. I have done 2/3 water fasts up to 30 days to kickstart now stick to a 16/8 or 5/2 regime. Working for me.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

As I suspected, it looks like the OP is just trying to sell something. 

Yes new members seem to be doing that a lot lately.Too cheap to pay for an ad which nobody looks at anyway.

Next topic by a newbie i will just ignore.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, Oztaffy said:

That's a good idea with the frozen fruit,   Maybe i will give it a try..  Its taking that first step (for the hundredth time!) to change my lifestyle rather than keep slipping back into old habits of cheese and Branston Pickle sandwiches and Cappuccino Yen!!     lol

Not so sure about blended frozen fruit. It's a potentially dangerous way to ingest way more fruit than you would ordinarily eat in a single sitting, and therefore a huge sugar hit to the system. I used to do these every day until I was hit with atherosclerosis (no doubt a result of a previous crappy lifestyle, but I am sure these contributed). Juicing veggies with a bit of fruit, maybe; but just fruit could be bad for your metabolism.

Personally I have switched to keto and feel better than I have for years, your preferences may differ. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:18 PM, villagefarang said:

What worked best for me was a couple of three day fasts  to jumpstart the process and then a consistent program of intermittent fasting. I don’t eat for about 20 hours each day.  Not easy but really quite simple. Weightlifting helps me a lot too. 

Exactly what I did.  Best possible program.  

THe best part aboit this topic is nobody knows anything. The brightest doctors in the world told us for years to eat many small meals a day, and now everything indicates that eating rarely and going long periods of time without food is very healthy. Ironically enough i did this all through my youth and figured i was destrying myself, no winder i never went into a hospital one time. 

Nobody knows anything. That is the first lesson. 

Im just starting the weight loss process. I have no choice.

What I have eliminated completely now (hopefully I will get a cheat day): ice cream, sodas, cookies, croissants, bakery stuff, kanom, crackers, pies, Pringles, Burger King, Mickey Ds, 7-11 fast food, Pizza, fried chicken, anything fried, sausages, butter, processed meat, beep, bacon, shrimp. No added sugar.

What I have cut down on is: juice (6oz every other day for variety), wheat bread (no  more than 2 slices every other day or one a day), eggs (one every other day), cheese (nor more than one slice every other day), coffee creamer (one tablespoon)

What I have increased or have left is fruit (4-5 portions a day), oatmeal every day, gai yang (one piece without skin), Somtum (eat only the veggies and shake out the dried shrimp), assorted veggies, steamed rice, noodle soups (the noodle lady does not put the salty stuff in and substititues daikon and veggies for fried fishball, gives me a little extra chicken), Pad Krapow Gai, no egg, Moo on a stick (one piece), Stirfried Mixed veggies, and I hate my life, steamed fish.

The fruit and oatmeal keep me on the toilet 4x a day.

I get to live with a stent, take pills like an old lady, cant eat anything good, am on restriction for serious walking for two weeks and no boom boom, never be able to smoke weed again, no booze allowed, gonna miss my trip to Cambodia, now I got a preexisting condition thats will screw up insurance the next time I come here, the Visa rules are a pain in the ass, my vegetarian daughter is on my case, if I wasnt partially stable, Id be doing a flyer off the balcony,

Talk about suck factor to the nth degree

Archived