Have you tried Jucing to loose weight

Oztaffy

Who has tried Juice Cleanses to try and loose weight.  A new cafe has opened in Chiang Mai promoting Cold pressed Juices and 1, 3 ,5 and 7 day Juice Cleanse courses.  They are called Zenzen Healthstyle Cafe and are based in the Meechok Plazza near San Sai District.

I am wanting to loose about 7 kg  to start with.  Any feedback welcome  Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing 7 kg.. that won't happen fast. Not if its fat that you want to lose. A 7 kg weight difference is easy to achieve by fasting or juicing. Its just not fat loss at all but a change in how many carbs and water your holding and if your bowels are full of food or not. It means nothing at all, fat loss is what we want and that is not easy measured when you do things like this.

It looks like your losing a lot of weight but you gain the weight all back as its just temporary just like  how people who go low carb lose a lot of weight (water weight not fat weight) at first. After the water is lost the rest of the weight change could be fat. 

I wish people would learn the difference between weight loss and fat loss.

Thanks for the money saving tip/s.        They recommend viewing this documentary.     

Any comments,   I know I can simply stop eating for a few days and I will loose weight,  but then put it back on again...  It would be all the sugar in my diet.   Just wondering if the juices will help reduce my sweet taste cravings?

8 minutes ago, Oztaffy said:

Any comments,   I know I can simply stop eating for a few days and I will loose weight,  but then put it back on again...  It would be all the sugar in my diet.   Just wondering if the juices will help reduce my sweet taste cravings?

I'm not going to take a jab at you because I am the same, but if you don't have the will no juice on the planet is going to help you. 

Personally, I invested 2000b in a good blender, buy frozen fruit from Makro and mix it up with milk and yogurt. I am not losing weight ???? but at least it's a healthier option and it tastes fantastic compared to anything I ever bought in a shop in Thailand or Canada.

20 minutes ago, Oztaffy said:

Thanks for the money saving tip/s.        They recommend viewing this documentary.     

Look you will always gain the weight back unless you make life changes for good. That means changing your diet permanently and cutting out sugar. You said it yourself you will put it back on. It will be the same if you do a juice cleanse it will not help at all.

Just slowly change your diet to a better diet and keep at it for good. Its your old food habits that got you fat. The reasons for people gaining fat back is not sugar.. its going back to their old diet.

The only solution is a permanent change and exercise. I am sorry but that is just it.

I too am prone to weight changes I kept it off a long time until i got stressed and now i am 5-6 kg heavier then I want to be. I will lose it again.. maybe 2 months maybe longer. How.. by changing back to the healthy foods I ate before and adding exercise. Believe me from someone who has researched it all tried all the shortcuts and many drugs. The only thing that will help is changing your diet permanently and if you can adding exercise. It sucks.. but this is the only way. 

Don't expect a fast change it will happen gradually, you gained all your fat over a large time now why would you be able to lose it fast. The human body is build to store fat its easier to store it then to burn it. So don't expect miracles. Things will happen but slow.

That's a good idea with the frozen fruit,   Maybe i will give it a try..  Its taking that first step (for the hundredth time!) to change my lifestyle rather than keep slipping back into old habits of cheese and Branston Pickle sandwiches and Cappuccino Yen!!     lol

3 minutes ago, Oztaffy said:

That's a good idea with the frozen fruit,   Maybe i will give it a try..  Its taking that first step (for the hundredth time!) to change my lifestyle rather than keep slipping back into old habits of cheese and Branston Pickle sandwiches and Cappuccino Yen!!     lol

That is the whole problem slipping back.. I kept it at bay for a long time years and years but i slipped back in a period of stress and sleep problems. Once you changed your life you should stick with it. 

You should slowly change, cleaning your diet up a bit at a time. Its almost impossible to go from bad to good in one go. 

Also if possible add exercise it will help a bit if only to make you feel better too. 

I still eat cheese, not a problem its all about quantity.

Anyone serious and strong will enough to lose real weight should look no further than the keto diet plan like the one professor joseph proietto successfully got mantastic results, by stopping all carbs and let the body start it's keto process and burn fat instead of sugar/carbs...

ezzra  That is interesting that you mention  Keto  diet....This cafe sells keto products!    The guy I spoke to there seams to know a bit about it.      I am still undecided about the juice.  I will do a bit more research before I decide.  thanks

10 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Anyone serious and strong will enough to lose real weight should look no further than the keto diet plan like the one professor joseph proietto successfully got mantastic results, by stopping all carbs and let the body start it's keto process and burn fat instead of sugar/carbs...

right ????

I heard that one before, plenty of scientific proof that with equal caloric intake it does not matter if you go keto or just stay with carbs. The result in fat burn will be the same.

I say go for keto if you like it but it certainly is not the only way. 

1 minute ago, Oztaffy said:

ezzra  That is interesting that you mention  Keto  diet....This cafe sells keto products!    The guy I spoke to there seams to know a bit about it.      I am still undecided about the juice.  I will do a bit more research before I decide.  thanks

If you go keto, it means NO carbs or real low, just buying a few keto products wont do at all if the rest of your diet is not low or no carb.  Fruits for instance have sugar and are considered carbs.

8 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

What worked best for me was a couple of three day fasts  to jumpstart the process and then a consistent program of intermittent fasting. I don’t eat for about 20 hours each day.  Not easy but really quite simple. Weightlifting helps me a lot too. 

That is the thing finding something that suits you.. there is much to choose from and the only thing that counts is reducing calories, preferably combined with eating a better quality of food and some sports. 

Not every form of diet is suitable for everyone, people should try to find something that suits them.

Keto is good for some, intermittent fasting good for others, and others just reduce their caloric intake and eat normal. Whatever works works but it has to be a permanent change.

IMHO you have to start with your diet, take out the crap, or reduce it one by one to illiminate it from your diet.

Try to increase your physical activity, brisk walks are a good start if you are not a "sporty" type. Weight and exercise machines can help if you are properly shown the best routine for you and you have the discipline to keep at it.

I lost 14kg so far, still got another 7 to go to get to where I want but its taken me a year to get there. I now enjoy a good circuit walk every other day of 8-10km and now introducing an hour of weight training twice a week. It becomes a habot and I was surprised I actually started enjoying it after a while and now I get cranky if I dont go on my exercise walks, its amazing how different you feel, but you gotta have the discipline and determination to make it hapen. There is no magic bullet or substance, its bloody hard work but does become easier the more you absorb it into your daily life routine.

Good luck

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

IMHO you have to start with your diet, take out the crap, or reduce it one by one to illiminate it from your diet.

Try to increase your physical activity, brisk walks are a good start if you are not a "sporty" type. Weight and exercise machines can help if you are properly shown the best routine for you and you have the discipline to keep at it.

I lost 14kg so far, still got another 7 to go to get to where I want but its taken me a year to get there. I now enjoy a good circuit walk every other day of 8-10km and now introducing an hour of weight training twice a week. It becomes a habot and I was surprised I actually started enjoying it after a while and now I get cranky if I dont go on my exercise walks, its amazing how different you feel, but you gotta have the discipline and determination to make it hapen. There is no magic bullet or substance, its bloody hard work but does become easier the more you absorb it into your daily life routine.

Good luck

The closer you get to your goal weight the slower it goes. Standard for everyone. Yes your exercise and diet have to become part of your life only then will it works. Its hard to figure out how to best integrate it. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

The closer you get to your goal weight the slower it goes. Standard for everyone. Yes your exercise and diet have to become part of your life only then will it works. Its hard to figure out how to best integrate it. 

It can be, but you do have to prioritise it, if its important you will adjust accordingly and make the time for it, if you cant, frankly its not a priority and there is a problem right there, dont make excuses, make a plan and make it happen. Its all about attitude in the first steps, in my opinion. You gotaa want it, be focussed and determined, the reward is in the results, and it really is worth it in so many ways.

No cheese, no full fat milk, no sugar, no burgers, no Pizza, no french fries, no deserts, no alcohol. If possible never ever..
Limit fruit and fruit juices (sugar)
limit bread, rice, patatoes (carbs)
Can eat limitless, vegetables, chicken, fish, pork. If hungry eat some carrots or if really craving eat some dry cookies (little sugar)

Sport regularly. Cross trainer, biking, fitness in general.

Anyway this worked for me and kept me fit during many years.
Unfortunately there are no miracles..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

dunno why people  have such an issue with dumb weight "plans", want to lose  weight, SIMPLE ,eat  less,  just eat once  a  day for a month soon  lose weight, then after just eat twice a  day and  no  more , just drink water...............how  hard  can it  be 

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you go keto, it means NO carbs or real low, just buying a few keto products wont do at all if the rest of your diet is not low or no carb.  Fruits for instance have sugar and are considered carbs.

Getting the body to go into Ketosis is not as easy as it reads to be, your changing the way your body uses fuel as I am sure you are aware, well worth doing but a big change for the OP reading into his post.

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is the thing finding something that suits you.. there is much to choose from and the only thing that counts is reducing calories, preferably combined with eating a better quality of food and some sports. 

Not every form of diet is suitable for everyone, people should try to find something that suits them.

Keto is good for some, intermittent fasting good for others, and others just reduce their caloric intake and eat normal. Whatever works works but it has to be a permanent change.

Getting away from the weight loss aspect, cutting back on carbohydrates can only be good for your health. At 70 I have thrown away my blood pressure meds and statins thanks to the keto diet and lost 11 Kg in the process, running a mile a day now. After four months I have slightly increased my carbs intake from 20 gm a day (one slice toast= 13 gm CH) to 40 but instead of intermittent dieting (16 hours a day without food) I fast one day  a week and feel great the next day, my running times are always good then.

Keto stills your hunger, I find it difficult to overeat, in fact I have to make an effort to maintain my weight.

Anyway, no easy magic bullet for weight loss but it can be done.

12 minutes ago, cooked said:

Getting away from the weight loss aspect, cutting back on carbohydrates can only be good for your health. At 70 I have thrown away my blood pressure meds and statins thanks to the keto diet and lost 11 Kg in the process, running a mile a day now. After four months I have slightly increased my carbs intake from 20 gm a day (one slice toast= 13 gm CH) to 40 but instead of intermittent dieting (16 hours a day without food) I fast one day  a week and feel great the next day, my running times are always good then.

Keto stills your hunger, I find it difficult to overeat, in fact I have to make an effort to maintain my weight.

Lowering carbs especially bad cars is always good but not all carbs are created equal. I have tried keto and for me it never stilled my hunger. People differ in how they react to certain diets that is why i always advocate to find what you like. You obviously found something you like and what works for you. 

This does not mean it will work for everyone. But a caloric reduction and better quality of food (lower carbs) is always good no matter how you get there.

18 minutes ago, CGW said:

Getting the body to go into Ketosis is not as easy as it reads to be, your changing the way your body uses fuel as I am sure you are aware, well worth doing but a big change for the OP reading into his post.

I know what ketosis is, I just don't agree its the only way to burn fat or the best way to burn fat. I have seen the scientific research on it. Once you lower your caloric intake it really does not matter much anymore the body will burn fat.

Of course a good diet is important. If you cut down on carbs and processed food then after that it does not matter much anymore if you cut the rest of your carbs out for keto or just keep an healthy diet.

I have had this discussion quite a few times and have read the research on it, however some people just can be convinced and think its something magical. 

36 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

It can be, but you do have to prioritise it, if its important you will adjust accordingly and make the time for it, if you cant, frankly its not a priority and there is a problem right there, dont make excuses, make a plan and make it happen. Its all about attitude in the first steps, in my opinion. You gotaa want it, be focussed and determined, the reward is in the results, and it really is worth it in so many ways.

True, but what i was getting at is that some people like to exercise in the morning others prefer at night. You just have to find out what works. The better its integrated the better it works. I got a gym at home so its easy to train. I prefer some cardio in the morning but like my weight lifting at night.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

People differ in how they react to certain diets that is why i always advocate to find what you like. You obviously found something you like and what works for you. 

Nail on the head! we are all different to some extent and have to cater to that difference, "genetic typing" and "blood group" knowing where you are within these boundaries is essential, there is no "diet" that will work for all, yet this rarely addressed in the MSM as it consists mainly of promoting yet another new diet book! 

28 minutes ago, kannot said:

dunno why people  have such an issue with dumb weight "plans", want to lose  weight, SIMPLE ,eat  less,  just eat once  a  day for a month soon  lose weight, then after just eat twice a  day and  no  more , just drink water...............how  hard  can it  be 

The problem is that people have different hunger sensations. There are some great BBC documentaries that explain that. Case in point my current gf can easily not eat for a day without hunger pangs at all. I can't do that, i could actually if i wanted it eat 2 pizzas without getting full. I don't of course as that would get me fat. 

Anyway the studies prove you are wrong, having said that everyone can of course improve on themselves. 

33 minutes ago, cooked said:

My Mother ate  crap all her life....shes  90 and still driving.......

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

The problem is that people have different hunger sensations. There are some great BBC documentaries that explain that. Case in point my current gf can easily not eat for a day without hunger pangs at all. I can't do that, i could actually if i wanted it eat 2 pizzas without getting full. I don't of course as that would get me fat. 

Anyway the studies prove you are wrong, having said that everyone can of course improve on themselves. 

trust me, if  u stop eating u will lose  weight....then die. we arent  talking about hunger sensations we are  talking about how to lose weight, it  really aint rocket science.

Whether "you" feel hungry or  not is irrelevant

Archived