Chula reviews student’s right to wear female clothes

webfact

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think maybe you're a bit confused. Tomboys are generally butch lesbian women that identify their gender as women. Butch women but still women. That's not the same thing as a transgender man that identifies his gender as a man. 

Similar to the segment of gay men that are effeminate but identify their gender as male, not female. 

Why wouldn't transgender men be allowed to attend school in male uniforms? 

I don't want to make a story about it. Just that we seem to live in a different Thailand. In the one I stay in, I have seen quite many girls, even some I know, changing their appearance into a male one (much more than the short hair), and the way they dress, the 'body language', etc., here we call them 'tomboys'...

On 1/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Image result for gender scan, frying pan

...And when 'it' would be made, in a compulsory way..., to wait until 18, for, totally  freely, uninfluenced, make the personal choice about a religion, ...or none! That would change the planet! Possibly end the scandalous religious extremist bloodshed, a generation later...

27 minutes ago, bangrak said:
I don't want to make a story about it. Just that we seem to live in a different Thailand. In the one I stay in, I have seen quite many girls, even some I know, changing their appearance into a male one (much more than the short hair), and the way they dress, the 'body language', etc., here we call them 'tomboys'...

You'd need to ask them if they regards themselves as masculine lesbian women or transgender men. Not the same thing.

To wit --

https://www.butchwonders.com/blog/why-arent-all-butches-trans

https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/04/butch-and-trans-a-dispatch-from-the-shifting-border.html

A Dispatch From the Shifting, Porous Border Between Butch and Trans

Butch women aren’t men—except for the ones who transition to male, which happens just often enough to make things awkward for everyone involved. It’s awkward for fellow butches who feel strongly that they are not men, for trans men who seek to distinguish themselves from masculine women, and for butches whose understanding of themselves evolves in ways they hadn’t expected it to—each group challenges the self conception of the others. Many masculine women remain happily within the female gender for their entire lives and experience no discernable dysphoria.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You'd need to ask them if they regards themselves as masculine lesbian women or transgender men. Not the same thing.

To wit --

https://www.butchwonders.com/blog/why-arent-all-butches-trans

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you for the explanation. I had just used the example as a joke in my first post, and do not have any specific interest in the matter. Bye for now.

Absolute stupidity. Why are  young adults forced to wear a uniform if they wish to  pursue a higher education? That says it all.  If Chula put as much effort into improving its academic standards and quality of education, perhaps its diplomas would be acceptable in  the developed world.

Archived