How To Deal With Me First Drivers

12 hours ago, hadenoughofmefirst said:

How can one remain polite under the me first driving rules

Never hog the 'fast' lane, never flash your headlights at slower vehicles and never, EVER flip the bird.

Beyond that, always make sure you're never second or third and beyond?

13 hours ago, hadenoughofmefirst said:

How can one remain polite under the me first driving rules

Coming from your home country like many things in Thailand as it would apply in many other counties too you have to adjust to their way of doing certain things.

30 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I have found that driving a little Toyota Yaris, a change from my UK BMW, has calmed me down quite a bit.  I can't beat anyone to anything, so no point in trying. ????

Have you found how to use the indicators on the Yaris? 

In my Pattaya time, returning from Bali Hai pier one night with a friend on a bike ahead of me. Vigo pulled out in front of him. He roars up beside it, yelling and screaming, middle finger raised, and roars off ahead.

First traffic light, Vigo man exits his truck, and pushes the muzzle of a Beretta 92 into friends ear.

Let they get ahead of you, no horn, no flashing lights.

P them off at your peril.

If in slow moving traffic, drive assertively but calmly, make your intentions known... 

In periods of heavy traffic its impossible to drive as we would in many of our home countries, we'd risk not making any headway...  as such we have to push out a little.... I used to call it the <deleted> switch, but really its the 'couldn't give an F' switch....  

Ultimately, if someone nudges in front of you, then they have just nudged in front of you... that's it... no biggie... you'll end up nudging in front of someone else at a later point... again its no biggie... the traffic eventually flows, just like water... no reason to get uptight or upset... its just the way it is... 

Archived