Windows Update Problem

Stocky

Since a couple of weeks back I've been getting an error message when looking for Windows updates.

Windows Update Error.jpg

When I first noticed it I was off on an overseas trip so left it until my return. However connected to the Internet in Johannesburg I got a Windows updates available message, so the issue isn't with my computer. Now I'm back home I've checked again and the problem still exists, that is unless I connect to my AIS MiFi, or use my TOT connection with the VPN. So the issue isn't with my computer, nor I guess with my router, but seemingly with my TOT connection.

Anyone have any ideas or found similar issues?

42 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Today I got an update available pop-up as normal,

Be happy and hope it won't reappear.

Looks like you have Windows 7?

Before I changed to W10 I had a hard time with such errors.

I waded through internet tips/tricks. Spent hours.

There are methods to clean up the Windows update history etc.

I never saw a hint that is was related to my internet connection.

I've been happy with Win7 Pro, this is the first time I've had an issue with updates, apart from the fight to stop the Win10 update nag screens.

I've remained with Win7 on my two work laptops because initially the software I use for work wasn't supported on Win10. They are now, with the exception of one program that I can't migrate. So I'll remain with Win7 until the end of support. I have one mini-PC for the TV that runs Win10, which is fine I quite like it, but I'm in no rush to upgrade the laptops. Desktops in the house all run Linux Mint.

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Don't forget the Windows 7 will no longer get updates as of January 2020.

Indeed, as I said "I'll remain with Win7 until the end of support updates" that's still a year away.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:12 PM, Stocky said:

Today I got an update available pop-up as normal, whatever it was affecting my connection to the windows server has gone just a mysteriously as it arrived.

sick of microsoft  runing everything they touch, when  a  skype update is due it stops  my internet connection and unless i reboot it wont let me back online

1 minute ago, kannot said:

sick of microsoft  runing everything they touch, when  a  skype update is due it stops  my internet connection and unless i reboot it wont let me back online

that's why one dumped these silly overheads, damned the torpedoes, and now use facebook messenger instead ????️ 

18 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Please forgive me for asking what may sound like the obvious, but I assume that your Windows 7 installation was based on the official MS version rather than an unofficial Thai one?

Yes, genuine Microsoft products. OEM versions that came with the Dell laptops from the Dell dealer.

Archived