Article 44 may be used for poll postponement

webfact

Friendly reminder

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Forum Rules: https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

//Admin

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

erratic?

some may use another word

Maybe they meant erotic, teasing the people with election promises.

Kicking the can down the road seems to be the new normal now in international politics, I doubt most western governments would even notice their election delays given the parlous state of things elsewhere. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“However, that would mean we enter a political black hole where the Constitution is meaningless and no rules are the norm other than Article 44.”

It's really quite simple. The general can just use his wondrous, mandate-of-heaven, cosmic supernatural powers to proclaim the Constitution meaningful. There...that was easy.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

From what I read the statement was made by 'political scientists.'

I'm not attacking or defending any side by the way but these kind of statements always seem to include words like   could,   might,  may,  and little get out phrases on the lines of  possibly if,   in the case of,  blah blah blah.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, overherebc said:

From what I read the statement was made by 'political scientists.'

I'm not attacking or defending any side by the way but these kind of statements always seem to include words like   could,   might,  may,  and little get out phrases on the lines of  possibly if,   in the case of,  blah blah blah.

At the end of your post, are you still referring to political scientists or someone else? 

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

An understatement to say the least. I guess by "us" he means Thailand but to be precise it is the unelected senior leadership of the the Thai government which is not only being erratic but negligent and smugly duplicitous. 

sounds like brexit

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

What difference will it make to the Thai people if election is held tomorrow or 24th March or in May??????

or if it isn't held at all, the army is the major power siting in the wings waiting to pounce at one wrong move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

or if it isn't held at all, the army is the major power siting in the wings waiting to pounce at one wrong move.

if it wasn't for the army; it would have been the BiBs have all the power - thru corruption...

therefore the army is protecting the land from becoming a police state

chicken before the egg

Surprised? NO! The PM (and former Junta leader) have been "postponing" since 2014! Every year, in fact.

Is the "shadowy dimwit man" pulling the puppet's strings again? Doesn't like the possibility of losing power gained in 1932?