Khao San Road video: What would you do if a stranger sexually assaulted your girlfriend?

webfact

Khao San Road video: What would you do if a stranger sexually assaulted your girlfriend?

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A man went on Facebook to relate a violent event that took place outside a nightclub in the Khao San Road area. 

And he posed a question: What would you do if a man grabbed your girlfriend in the crotch? 

The poster said that his group of friends were having a 3 am drink at a bar when five strangers came and sat nearby. 

One of the men grabbed a woman in the crotch. Her boyfriend moved the man's hand away and then tried to slap the man but missed. 

It all appeared to have been settled amicably without any further trouble.

But as the group were leaving the other group laid in wait and two men were attacked. One was left needing 50 stitches at Phayathai 2 hospital and another also needed treatment. Between them they racked up hospital bills of 70,000 baht. 

The matter was reported to police but no arrests have been made. Police are trying to trace a taxi that took the attackers away. 

Daily News reported that the video of the incident was causing much comment on Facebook. Many posters were saying that police - in this case the Chana Songkhram station - would only investigate if it paid for them to do so. 

While others suggested that if bouncers at the pub had been informed of trouble at the start it would not have escalated.  

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-22

Exceptionally poorly written article. Were the group who got assaulted the ones containing the guy who grabbed the women by the crotch? Or were the ones who got assaulted the guy who pushed the hand away and attempted the slap? 

It makes a huge difference as to how sorry I feel for the victims...

Nearly thirty years ago the same thing happened to my girlfriend at the time. We were in Bangkok at some festival or other that attracted crowds of people.

A local guy grabbed her crotch while everyone was tightly packed shoulder-to-shoulder. Being Thai, my girlfriend didn't say a word until later on when the crowd had dispersed, knowing that it would not cause a scene that way.

7 hours ago, SammyT said:

Exceptionally poorly written article. Were the group who got assaulted the ones containing the guy who grabbed the women by the crotch? Or were the ones who got assaulted the guy who pushed the hand away and attempted the slap? 

As you say, I don;y realy know who did the attacking either.

7 hours ago, SammyT said:

A woman has been sexually assaulted, what about her in all this??

Reality?  You deck him immediately.  Then the guy's Thai friends kill you or beat you so bad that they will have to ship your 'vegetable state' body back to your home country after your friends and family raise sufficient Go Fund Me funds.  Use a weapon?  Then you do a long stint in the Bangkok Hilton. 
There is no 'win' scenario here.  Welcome to Thailand. 

Truly, if all that happened was a crotch grab, I'd let it go and just get up and leave. Messing with a Thai guy can only go from bad to worse to worst, and usually very quickly. They are cowards in the extreme. Thai guys consider a fair fight to be 10-1 with the 1 unarmed and the 10 holding clubs or knives.

10 hours ago, SammyT said:

From the linked Facebook story, it was the group who pushed the hand away and gave a slap who got assaulted.

12 hours ago, SammyT said:

How sorry you feel for the victims can be judged by how much you contribute to the 70,000 baht hospital bills!

I don't think they would be interested in tea and sympathy!...????

2 hours ago, Cereal said:

Truly, if all that happened was a crotch grab, I'd let it go and just get up and leave. Messing with a Thai guy can only go from bad to worse to worst, and usually very quickly. They are cowards in the extreme. Thai guys consider a fair fight to be 10-1 with the 1 unarmed and the 10 holding clubs or knives.

and guns

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

No, Thai guys realize that the objective of a fight is to win.   Only an idiot goes looking for a "fair" fight.  Like someone who's watched too many John Wayne movies.

If you're going to live in a foreign country, it's helpful to quit judging the locals by the cultural standards we grew up with.  They don't apply.

5 hours ago, Traubert said:

Exactly. It depends what she normally charges.

A crotch grab is an expression of interest in Thailand. Start bargaining, not fighting, doh!

She was drunk and dressed for the occasion ? I don't think 'me too' has got as far as SE Asia.

Archived