Best mosquito coil

lemonjelly

Bit of a mundane topic, but one that affects many of us here. So, I’m using the purple Baygon mosquito coils downstairs (it’s well ventilated as the stairs lead to an open balcony, old 2 storey government house), I’m sitting downstairs in a haze of smoke whilst being attacked by mozzies !!!! 

Any recommendations for a better brand of mozzie coil?

thx for any help 

I can remember in Germany in the army, ' others' in the room smoking marijuana.   Mosquitos hovered around and some clung to the ceiling. Soon enough those on the ceiling started to fall. I'm thinking that for medical and safety reasons there should be coils made from hemp. Those mosquitos would be hindered in their attempt to infect people, probably a win win situation for everyone as long as none drive a vehicle.

• Haha 2

virgin coconut oil with Citronellal   small spray  can buy big c  spray lightley around legs arms works ok better than smoke coils 

if u can get French marigolds in a pot and put near u on a balcony or down in garden they dont like the smell either  and keeps the slugs away to

I use the swan coils - I put it in a metal bowl to catch the ash.  Not worried about the toxicity of them after 45+ years of fags don't think it will make any difference.

When I go out at night I spray on Avon skin so soft dry oil spray.  Used this in many countries in the world and it seems to work better on me than anything else.

• Like 1