Police Chases

HAKAPALITA

Difficult decision; damned if you do and damned if you don't. i guess in countries that have good communications that can set up a road block then not necessary unless a serious felony has occurred. In Thailand, probably not, i remember seeing a vid a month or so ago of a cop sitting on  the back of a big bike that he requisitioned with a civilian driving, in hot pursuit of a car/pickup shooting at the tyres; not the ideal solution!!

• Like 2

I think they dont use common sense on occasions. When they clock a Vehicle doing 100mph on the clear Motorway, turn round and persue it at 150 in their V8 Holden Commodore and then tell a Mature n Sober drive 100 is dangerous in his Car. Get Real.!! . The US seem to have many stolen car crashes for little gain, or is it the just Thrill of the Chase. See what others think.

21 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Do You think they should be Stopped. Are the Risks to high.?.

These chases, the police are chasing the bad guys, really bad people.

If you stop the chases it will send the wrong signal, giving the green light for all these bad people to speed off and get away.

• Like 1

Considering that Thailand doesn't have patrolman in patrol cars stopping and issuing citations I'd say it's a non-issue as compared to a Western country like the US where thousands of motorists are compelled to stop by police each day.  And if a US motorist flees that way most Thais do, ie. by putting everyone on the road at danger, the cops and the judicial system drops the hammer on them hard, that is if they don't get shot.  So, maybe Thailand should adopt First-world traffic policing and judicial remedies and perhaps chasing people fleeing in vehicles wouldn't be such a problem.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

These chases, the police are chasing the bad guys, really bad people.

If you stop the chases it will send the wrong signal, giving the green light for all these bad people to speed off and get away.

Point taken, but a  Spotty Oik Kid in a  Fiesta Boat Anchor isnt exactly the Bonny n Clyde of Crime, yet some Police go in as if they were, Thats my Question, Is it worth killing some pedestrian/ bystander over a piece of Tin. 

13 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Spotty Oik Kid in a  Fiesta Boat Anchor isnt exactly the Bonny n Clyde of Crime

No, but he could be the Godfather of the Thai mafia.

You're going to get collateral damage enforcing the law at times.

we will end up with a Lawless state if we stop the chases.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:
4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

we will end up with a Lawless state if we stop the chases.

And at the present time ?????

We have a police state that works, considering the lack of effort by the BIB. yes, they have a bell that rings on the hour to keep them alert but their system works.

you reckon things are bad now..... if they stop the chases all hell will break out.

12 hours ago, HHTel said:

In the UK although police chases exist, they will call off the chase if there is any danger to other road users.

Doesn't seem to work. 3 pedestrians killed in the last week by Police cars "rushing" to a crime scene. I can't see the point of killing someone to get to the scene a minute earlier. The Police do nothing even when they catch the thieves.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Doesn't seem to work. 3 pedestrians killed in the last week by Police cars "rushing" to a crime scene. I can't see the point of killing someone to get to the scene a minute earlier. The Police do nothing even when they catch the thieves.

They do nothing, but thats because they cant. An eye for an eyes gone if your in uniform.Give the Perps a bit of pains sadley reduced now thanks to cowards in power..

19 hours ago, GTgrizzly said:

Most police chases are off limits in Auss

The crims are just laughing their heads off, especially the under 18 year old

Just put your foot down and you home free, they wont chase us

And more often than not they will continue doing 'it' knowing they can get away with it. Until something horrendous (loss of life, injuries etc) happens when maybe that could have been prevented earlier.

20 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And more often than not they will continue doing 'it' knowing they can get away with it. Until something horrendous (loss of life, injuries etc) happens when maybe that could have been prevented earlier.

In which countries, it s jumping around the World.The silliest chase ive seen on YT is a New Mexico Chase, a Porche Suv doing 120 on a deserted Desert Highway pursued by Deputy Fat Gut, burning off fuel at 125 and taking ages to catch him,borders on tragic. The Big Boss should determin whats worth a persuit imo, not when to call off.

21 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

In which countries, it s jumping around the World.The silliest chase ive seen on YT is a New Mexico Chase, a Porche Suv doing 120 on a deserted Desert Highway pursued by Deputy Fat Gut, burning off fuel at 125 and taking ages to catch him,borders on tragic. The Big Boss should determin whats worth a persuit imo, not when to call off.

That is one example, but in my nanny country these clowns of drivers and criminals risk other road users and pedestrians in carrying out their escape attempts. Just letting them go gives reason for them and others to keep going because they know they can likely not be pursued and can get way with it. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. ????

If it just for a minor traffic offence I guess it is not that important.  But for major crimes e.g. suspected murder, manslaughter, rape and other crimes of violence take them out!

• Thanks 1

In 1998  new registrations was only 17 K..  it hit 66668 in 2013, fortunately the amount of  joy ride thieves hasnt followed Europe's trend. I cant see much stuff here to attract kids, not an Audi in sight, and the Fords wont go into gear.

• Haha 1