Luxury Watch Repair

Thomas J

On 1/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, yogi100 said:

I have a 40 quid (at the time of purchase) Rotary watch that had a busted link on the strap. I got quoted 30 quid in London. Mr Wong repaired it for 100 baht although that was around 10 years back. The timepiece is around 40 years old, still keeps perfect time and I wear it most days.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:44 PM, HAKAPALITA said:

Its his watch thats wrong, not his Radio.

Mr Wong will make it right.

I have a 30 + year old Longines  watch that stopped working  5 years ago. a friend recommended  i take it to a small shop  in Soi Burkow..  he fixed it & it still works. 5 years ago i took it to  the Longines office in Bangkok, they said i should throw it away and buy new.  ON entering Soi Burkow from Pattaya klang it is the first  shop  on your left hand side..

14 hours ago, Christophers200 said:

Entrusting the repair/servicing of a highend/value watch to other than an authorised service centre would IMO be very risky. 

Sending the watch to Bangkok by mail and then entrusting them to fix the watch at any cost is far more riskly

On 1/26/2019 at 8:43 AM, peterbkk2 said:

FYI this is the man who use to be in the Royal Garden He moved out of there 5 years ago.  He diagnosed the problem with the watch in a few minutes.  It required a new circuit board in the Tag Heuer.  $2,500 Baht and repaired in 3 hours.  Excellent.  

unnamed (2).jpg

Hi

I have a 45 year old Omega watch that had, about a year ago, stopped working. I took it to a very polite and knowledgeable repair guy in Soi Buakhao and it has worked perfectly ever since. Directions to his shop: Proceed down Pattaya Klang from the Sukhumvit, go past 3rd Road and turn into Soi Buakhao on the left. His shop is a few yards up on the left.

Parking can be difficult here though. I hope this helps

On 1/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, Ks45672 said:

Putting  a battery in a luxury watch kinda misses the point of engineering a  precision automatic movement 

A casio would have served you just as well for $20-50... ???? 

Tell that to Grand Seiko

There is a watch repair place CNR centre Rd and soi bua khao

He couldn't help with my Skagen glass repair because part not available to him. I had to go to official Skagen repair agent. But I'd go back and give him a shot. Going on vibe only, worth trusting.

But vibe can be wrong. At your own risk.

2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Nothing wrong with grand seiko 

Would not buy one with a battery tho

I already have quite a few handwinders and automatics.  I bought a Grand Seiko quartz just out of interest and respect for what they have done with their 9f movement.  I also have an Aqua Terra quartz (in addition to 4 automatic newer Omegas) that is my daily beater.  I wouldn’t however buy a Rolex, PP, VC or AP quartz.  

Archived