US Citizen Retirement Ext 28 Jan 2019 Div 1 BKK

I submitted a TM30 prior to my renewal since I had been in Lao since my last TM30.

It was 28 days late. No mention of a fine. The officer seemed puzzled that I wanted to submit it. The officer reviewing my extension never looked at it.

Oh my my how the IO standards dont exist. In Chiang Mai they love TM 30s and love fining people the instant they breach times for reporting. All I can say is thank the man above this mob dont run an airline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, sounds like good news, for this year at least. I believe the number system at Chaeng Wattana gives numbers to the first 300 people that arrive before the office opens at 8:30. At a certain time, maybe 8:00 but not sure about that, they start calling groups of numbers starting with the lowest numbers who then queue up along the side of the office. Anyone that arrives after the 300 numbers are given out, are not given numbers and queue up behind the people with numbers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

Thanks, sounds like good news, for this year at least. I believe the number system at Chaeng Wattana gives numbers to the first 300 people that arrive before the office opens at 8:30. At a certain time, maybe 8:00 but not sure about that, they start calling groups of numbers starting with the lowest numbers who then queue up along the side of the office. Anyone that arrives after the 300 numbers are given out, are not given numbers and queue up behind the people with numbers.

Yep, that was my experience there a few months back. My wife spotted some Thai guy handing out those up to 300 queue tickets well before the office's opening time... I myself never saw the guy amid the crowded hordes. But she spotted him!

Do immigration officers make up their own rules on the go ? I had my application for visa renewal refused by Phuket as my passport is from the Netherlands, but my income declaration from France, as France is the country where I lived most of my life and all of my career. Anybody knows if this is to which rule book ?

Did you need to submit any supporting evidence of income, i.e., home country bank statements showing direct deposit of pension or social security deposits?

When I renewed my retirement extension last June (in Chanthaburi), I had the embassy income affidavit, but they also wanted to see my U.S. bank statements showing the direct deposits of my pension income.   

23 hours ago, loumaripol said:

Arrived at immigrations Chang Wattana at 7:40am. There were already over 100 people there who had cue numbers. - (Anybody know how this works?)

An officer formed a line for those of us without numbers.

does this mean w/o a queue number, you had to stand in a line from 7:40am until 8:30am when the office opened ?

i'm not sure when those with numbers are supposed to get in line by number but i thought the advantage of arriving early and getting a number was you could go downstairs and kill some time at one of the coffee shops.  then go back upstairs at, maybe 8:15, to get your place in line and get ready for the doors to open.

and now it sounds like some arriving early aren't getting a number.

Do you think that they will still honor my Income Affidavit dated Dec. 21, 2018 from the U.S. Consulate if I go there the 1st week in Feb. I live in Chiang Mai now and my retirement visa expires March 9th. I surely would like that to happen.

15 minutes ago, Bears said:

Do you think that they will still honor my Income Affidavit dated Dec. 21, 2018 from the U.S. Consulate if I go there the 1st week in Feb. I live in Chiang Mai now and my retirement visa expires March 9th. I surely would like that to happen.

Yes. I think its honored for 6 months. 

2 minutes ago, Bears said:

I got denied yesterday at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office. They wanted to show them actual transfers of money to a Thai Bank.

The op was asking about income affidavit. Not showing transfers. Did you present with affidavit from your embassy?

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Really!. OK thinking good idea you start a thread about your experience because there are many opposite posts.

Yes, a lot of many opposite posts. I'm trying to find out if others had similar experiences at the Wattana Office. I'll give it a shot around the 8th of Feb. Have nothing to lose.

7 hours ago, polkop11 said:

Do immigration officers make up their own rules on the go ? I had my application for visa renewal refused by Phuket as my passport is from the Netherlands, but my income declaration from France, as France is the country where I lived most of my life and all of my career. Anybody knows if this is to which rule book ?

Hardly surprised, I would expect the Embassy letter to come from the country of your passport. Is this a first application?

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What they want is backup proof for your affidavit. Money going into a Thai bank is one of them. You need to show how your are getting your money here.

I understand that but the gentleman who got his in Wattana did not have to show.

29 minutes ago, Bears said:

I'm thinking of going to the Wattana Office where the other gentleman got his retirement visa yesterday with an income affidavit from the U.S. dated in Nov. 2018

Is that the area you live, bkk. If not you would need do a tm28 and 30 and lease etc to back up your new address. You need to do your extension where you live.

38 minutes ago, Bears said:

I got denied yesterday at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office. They wanted to show them actual transfers of money to a Thai Bank.

30 minutes ago, Bears said:
34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The op was asking about income affidavit. Not showing transfers. Did you present with affidavit from your embassy?

Yes, I did. U.S. Embassy.

27 minutes ago, Bears said:

I'm thinking of going to the Wattana Office where the other gentleman got his retirement visa yesterday with an income affidavit from the U.S. dated in Nov. 2018

It is possible they just wanted to see the deposits into some bank - even into a USA bank - which was common last year with US Income Affidavits. 

If that isn't the case, it appears that CM is trying to make-up for lost-revenue from the "all night in the parking lot queue scam," which the new chief shut down. 

You would need to appear to be living in Bangkok to get service there. 

Also be aware, 90-day reports might be a problem.  It has been reported that CM will not let you submit a TM-28 to switch your location to their jurisdiction, after receiving your extension at a another office.  That is a pre-requisite to doing your 90-day reports. 

The use of other honest offices cuts into the agent-money they extort with tricks like this.  I think agent-prices up there are 30K Baht, indicating a healthy cut for the immigration-staff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that the area you live, bkk. If not you would need do a tm28 and 30 and lease etc to back up your new address. You need to do your extension where you live.

No, I live in Chiang Mai. My tm30 & lease is in Chiang Mai. If you are sure about that then going to Wattana will be a waste of time.

8 hours ago, polkop11 said:

I've never heard of anyone doing that - but you could hardly pick a worse office to try it.  I think you'd have to get the NL Embassy to give you an affidavit - even if based on income coming from France.  Perhaps the French affidavit plus the backup-docs would be enough - but I'm not sure of the NL-process.

12 minutes ago, Bears said:

No, I live in Chiang Mai. My tm30 & lease is in Chiang Mai. If you are sure about that then going to Wattana will be a waste of time.

Yes - you'd have to rent a place and submit a TM-28 in Bangkok, then apply for the extension, then move back - but CM might not accept your TM-28, at that point (per some recent reports) - so no way to do 90-day reports with your correct CM address.

11 minutes ago, Bears said:

You have to do the extension where you are living. You cannot pick and choose which office you use.

You would need proof of residence in Bangkok to apply there.

13 hours ago, legend49 said:

I submitted a TM30 prior to my renewal since I had been in Lao since my last TM30.

It was 28 days late. No mention of a fine. The officer seemed puzzled that I wanted to submit it. The officer reviewing my extension never looked at it.

Oh my my how the IO standards dont exist. In Chiang Mai they love TM 30s and love fining people the instant they breach times for reporting. All I can say is thank the man above this mob dont run an airline.

Do not know about that but out of the country for 2 and a half months came back and waited until extension was  due. Submitted every thing and and tm30 update oked no fine for being late almost 2 months.