US Citizen Retirement Ext 28 Jan 2019 Div 1 BKK

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Have there been any other recent reports out of CM of Americans with a valid income affidavit being turned away for lack of monthly Thai bank deposits, especially in the CM subforum threads?

No, I haven't seen any but looking around. Curious, I need this issue.

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Have there been any other recent reports out of CM of Americans with a valid income affidavit being turned away for lack of monthly Thai bank deposits, especially in the CM subforum threads?

CM immigration has been asking for backup proof for for all forms of income proof from embassies for some time now. Proof of a pension and home country bank statements have been accepted. 

Not sure anything has changed lately.

17 minutes ago, Bears said:

No, I haven't seen any but looking around. Curious, I need this issue.

I guess one question is... along with your income affidavit (which SHOULD be honored by Immigration), how many months of 65K deposits into a Thai bank account were they wanting you to show?

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I guess one question is... along with your income affidavit (which SHOULD be honored by Immigration), how many months of 65K deposits into a Thai bank account were they wanting you to show?

I don't know, he didn't say. Talked to my gf a while. Maybe she knows...I'll ask her. I need to resolve this issue somehow. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Bears said:

I don't know, he didn't say. Talked to my gf a while. Maybe she knows...I'll ask her. I need to resolve this issue somehow. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

"Maybe she knows..." ..another question from you about do extension at CW, which would be crazy etc. Don't wish to offend but if I had been with a Thai gf, I would have hopefully worked out exactly what io wants to see. In detail. CM small joint, if your gf does not know, go back and find out currently what is required. Take with you as much banking stuff you can. You might even get a different io

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

"Maybe she knows..." ..another question from you about do extension at CW, which would be crazy etc. Don't wish to offend but if I had been with a Thai gf, I would have hopefully worked out exactly what io wants to see. In detail. CM small joint, if your gf does not know, go back and find out currently what is required. Take with you as much banking stuff you can. You might even get a different io

They wanted to see bank transfer of at least 65k in my thai bank account but did not mention how far back and I didn't ask because I can not show that amount. I'm not going back there and as far as I can see there are only 2 io's...been going there for 3 years and it was always smooth until now with the new regs.

50 minutes ago, Bears said:

They wanted to see bank transfer of at least 65k in my thai bank account but did not mention how far back and I didn't ask because I can not show that amount. I'm not going back there and as far as I can see there are only 2 io's...been going there for 3 years and it was always smooth until now with the new regs.

1. I think the suggestion of having a capable Thai speaker go back to your local Immigration Office and try to get clear on just what they need/want from you is a good one.

2.1.  Then, depending on the outcome of that, you can call the following hotlines to request help/intervention with CM Immigration --  Immigration Services Hotline at 1178 or 1111 for 24 hours. No guarantees, but no harm either.

3. If neither 1 nor 2 work, you could go the paid visa agent route in CM that probably would make all your problems disappear -- for a price.

4. You could bring along a copy of the Thai Police order that specifically says Income affidavits are supposed to be honored for 6 months from issue, and a copy of the more recent police memo telling IOs they're supposed to be "flexible" with applicants this year because of the sudden change in rules for Americans, Brits, Aussies, etc.

1 hour ago, Bears said:

I'll make a suggestion that might get me some flak..but go see one of the established agents. Take your paper work with you. They will tell you what you are missing.

You don't have to hire them and if they say 'we can help for 20,000" then just leave. But you can use them to gain info.

The old G4T offices are still charging 3000THB (plus the 1900 TI fee) to handle a retirement extension. Maybe they can get it done with the paper work you already have.

@BearsAny chance you could go back, start fresh with a new I/O and possibly get a different result?  Or ask to see a supervisor and, of course, have relevant proof of the income you declared on the Affidavit.  They have always been able to ask for that.

3 minutes ago, jmd8800 said:

I'll make a suggestion that might get me some flak..but go see one of the established agents. Take your paper work with you. They will tell you what you are missing.

You don't have to hire them and if they say 'we can help for 20,000" then just leave. But you can use them to gain info.

The old G4T offices are still charging 3000THB (plus the 1900 TI fee) to handle a retirement extension. Maybe they can get it done with the paper work you already have.

Negative, the only paperwork I have is the income affidavit and can get my socialsecurity paper but not enough to meet the min. 65k

2 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

@BearsAny chance you could go back, start fresh with a new I/O and possibly get a different result?  Or ask to see a supervisor and, of course, have relevant proof of the income you declared on the Affidavit.  They have always been able to ask for that.

No, I can not. I have no relevant proof of income which I declared on the affidavit.

22 minutes ago, Bears said:

No, I can not. I have no relevant proof of income which I declared on the affidavit.

So you have been lying to get your extension. I am sorry but I have no sympathy for you. Better get ready to use an agent.

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

So you have been lying to get your extension. I am sorry but I have no sympathy for you. Better get ready to use an agent.

I'm not looking for your sympathy and I have been exploring all the options as well as thousands who have been using income affidavit for all the past years. All ready have the issue resolved.

54 minutes ago, Bears said:

Negative, the only paperwork I have is the income affidavit and can get my socialsecurity paper but not enough to meet the min. 65k

Agent agent agent. They are the savior, providing great services for umpteenth time to confused farangs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BertM said:

Truth be known, I would bet thousands of expats were not truthful when they raised their right hand. Only one of the retired expats I know have over 65k of steady monthly income and all the orher ones I know who are not retired and working overseas have all been unemployed for the past year and living off their savings. And, no one from the US gov't cares about someone lying on a notarized affidavit.

5555, and you think the French, German, and all the others are different..... I don't know but one German that uses his letter of extension that actually makes the required 65K/mo.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my late reply. 

I submitted the TM20 as the owner of our Condo.

My extension was approved based only on the affidavit from the US Embassy. That will  be the last time. I had the deposit information with me, including the bank letter as insurance. Did not need to show them. 

5555, and you think the French, German, and all the others are different..... I don't know but one German that uses his letter of extension that actually makes the required 65K/mo.  
Not surprised... Avg german pension is 1200 euro and 65k thb are 1800 euro...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk