Mosquito protection

Markus Rider

I will move in a new house which has 5 big openings (about 3 by 2.5 m) in the open living area with crappy folding doors. The doors look like a concertina opening to the outside. Unfortunately, there is no mosquito protection and I would like to install a good protection. Sliding mosquito doors which I have seen would cost a hefty THB 100'000 in total. Of course, I would have to pass through the doors. Does somebody know a good and cheaper solution and of course the company here in Chiang Mai who would produce it ? Thanks a lot in advance for your answers !

I have a UV? light unit with a fan under my desk. Lots of mosquitoes in the bottom.

This is the closest picture I can find of mine.

insect-killer-LED-fan-mosquito-trap-mosq

I think I paid 180 Baht in Amorn.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKECIGCnaR7M-7Sq0T0RK

May not be for you but i wouldn't suggest if they didn't work. BUT I don't have 5 large open doors.

13 minutes ago, Markus Rider said:

I read and heard multiple times that UV light is only good for bugs, not for mosquitos. I actually prefer a solid solution like sliding mosquito doors. Where I can get them economically in Chiang Mai ?

You want help, say what you want.  Mosquito doors???  Do you want aluminum screen doors, wood screen doors, zukibushi doors or what?

57 minutes ago, Markus Rider said:

the offers I got were about THB 2000-3000 per m2 which is a lot.

What kind of door was bid? aluminum, wood or other?  It remains unclear what you are talking about.  If it is not a screen door, what is it?

You say the frame material is not important but it is because it has a very big effect on the cost.

Archived