Fortuna brakes

Hi all, I had the brakes replaced on my Fortuna late last week, new pads on the front and shoes on rear, and of course they replaced the brake fluid and a lot of seals. :smile:

Anyhoo, driving back from the dealership I thought that the brakes felt a bit spongy with a lot of travel on the pedal, the Mrs had already planned a visit home for the weekend and only got back yesterday, she said she wasn't too happy with the brakes either, we have it booked in to the dealership this afternoon, I have checked the fluid, all okay there, so they either haven't bled them properly or something else is amiss, any thoughts anyone ?? also I don't think that there are any reasonably fluent English speakers there so any Thai phrases I could use to explain would be good, the Mrs can translate :smile: Thanks in advance GT.

As long as there is no leakage anywhere, as you say they have not bled all the air out of the system.

Not surprised seeing was at a dealership, take to a Cockpit outlet if dealership can't get it right. 

Edited by Kwasaki

May not have bled them properly plus not spent time adjusting the rear shoes properly....

Your test...

1..Pull the hand brake on then lower the hand brake lever ONE click...Test the brakes, if they feel a wow then the rear shoes need adjusting, they do not self adjust..Well my Vigo didn't..

2..Drive the car, apply the brakes then release the pedal and press again straight away, if the pedal goes hard then there is air in the system...☺️

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If the OP's 'tuna is out of warranty, then the dealership isn't usually the best or cheapest option for things like brakes.

It's well out of warranty my friend, I use the dealership only because this one has always been reliable and trustworthy, they have sorted the problem and I am a lot happier now. I have an annual service there, I recently replaced all the tires at a normal tire place, Bridgestones for 5 k Baht each as opposed to 8+ k Baht in the dealership, and when it comes to brakes I don't want some cheap knock off crap ???? but I take your point, as it gets older I will use Toyota dealership less and less ????

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

It's well out of warranty my friend, I use the dealership only because this one has always been reliable and trustworthy, they have sorted the problem and I am a lot happier now. I have an annual service there, I recently replaced all the tires at a normal tire place, Bridgestones for 5 k Baht each as opposed to 8+ k Baht in the dealership, and when it comes to brakes I don't want some cheap knock off crap ???? but I take your point, as it gets older I will use Toyota dealership less and less ????

So your trustworthy dealer sorted their error.....:whistling:

15 minutes ago, transam said:

So your trustworthy dealer sorted their error.....:whistling:

Now now young man ???? in 6 years this is the first time I have had to go back with any concerns, I wish I had more competence with all things mechanical, but time has moved on since I did my original trade training in the army working on landrover engines back in the late 60s ????

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

Now now young man ???? in 6 years this is the first time I have had to go back with any concerns, I wish I had more competence with all things mechanical, but time has moved on since I did my original trade training in the army working on landrover engines back in the late 60s ????

They didn't have self adjusting brakes either.....????

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I wouldn't really call aftermarket cheap knock off crap as the standard Akebono, Nissin or Hitachi OEM brake pads are also made in China and aren't really of the highest quality. Replacing them with a higher quality aftermarket solution at a cheaper price might sometimes be better ????

• Like 2