SMASHED! Pattaya Expats drink everyone else under the table, new survey reveals

webfact

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thaivisa survey has showed showed that almost a third of Pattaya expats have a beer every single day.

Yeah, must be a really hardcore bunch. Wouldn't surprice me if the also play bridge once a week. :shock1:

An old one,  I have a drink to forget but have forgotten what it was.

Some people have to watch their health when it comes to alcohol peoples metabolisms are of course different.

I like a beer and drink beer only every day and have a health check every year.

8 hours ago, ubon farang said:

Thank god you drank that Chang It stopped you from drinking It would be the worst beer on the planet 

Chang Export back in Isaan (for some reason it tasted better there) was almost drinkable. Haven't seen it in a few years, I guess it was too expensive to produce as it was from barley malt and not the usual rotten rice which give Chang it's "flavor".

18 hours ago, robblok said:

You can't imagine how wrong you are again people who like alcohol too much seem to think that others who don't are extreme. I don't count calories but take care about what I eat. 

I actually (unfortunately) stopped training for a 4 months because of sleeping problems and stress so just started again (not so obsessed). So totally contrary to what you think. Again in the mind of beer guzzling people anyone who says anything about must be at the other end of the spectrum. 

I am trying to get back to working out as hard as I used to do but I never went to the gym 6-7 days a week. Too much in my book. I got my own gym at home so water is not a problem just a big jug of water if i need.

I don't care what others do ever since I was young i hated the taste of beer, i drank it to get drunk, never enjoyed it. Guess what I never learned to like coffee too. I must be a freak, unfortunately I do like sweet drinks but try to control it.

In all my post i stated, i could not care less what others did alcohol wise. It seems that people read something in my posts that is not there. I am all for freedom of choice people should do what they want as long as they don't bother others. But it seems that people take offence when you don't join them in the love of alcohol. 

If I hit a nerve then good as that's what I was hoping to do. You somehow drew the conclusion those that respond to you posts that don't agree with you are all folks that are "beer guzzlers" or "like alcohol too much". Considering you don't know any of those folks you shouldn't jump to conclusions just like you don't want folks jumping to conclusions with you.

When you state that people who exercise a lot don't consume a lot of beer, etc you are fooling yourself. Just look at professional athletes all over the world. Do you think NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL players don't drink a LOT of beer/booze? If not you are fooling yourself. In the NFL they are on a plane home within a few hours after the game but there are a lot of bottles/cans opened on the plane. As far as the NBA, NHL and MLB players who are on the road for sometimes 2 weeks long their drinking is legendary.

Even Arnold loves his beer. There were several pics recently of him and his son at an Octoberfest and the stein he had was HUGE and I'm sure he had more than one. When he was training for competition it was a different story. 

Bottom line is that training is fine but don't call others that don't agree with you beer guzzlers. I work out several times a week. I drink beer it's true. BUT, everything is in moderation. If I were to "guzzle" I'd run the chance of spilling some on my shirt and that would be wasted beer. ????

I wish you well with your training after your long time away from it.

• 4 weeks later...
If I hit a nerve then good as that's what I was hoping to do. You somehow drew the conclusion those that respond to you posts that don't agree with you are all folks that are "beer guzzlers" or "like alcohol too much". Considering you don't know any of those folks you shouldn't jump to conclusions just like you don't want folks jumping to conclusions with you.

When you state that people who exercise a lot don't consume a lot of beer, etc you are fooling yourself. Just look at professional athletes all over the world. Do you think NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL players don't drink a LOT of beer/booze? If not you are fooling yourself. In the NFL they are on a plane home within a few hours after the game but there are a lot of bottles/cans opened on the plane. As far as the NBA, NHL and MLB players who are on the road for sometimes 2 weeks long their drinking is legendary.

Even Arnold loves his beer. There were several pics recently of him and his son at an Octoberfest and the stein he had was HUGE and I'm sure he had more than one. When he was training for competition it was a different story. 

Bottom line is that training is fine but don't call others that don't agree with you beer guzzlers. I work out several times a week. I drink beer it's true. BUT, everything is in moderation. If I were to "guzzle" I'd run the chance of spilling some on my shirt and that would be wasted beer. [emoji846]

I wish you well with your training after your long time away from it.

Sorry I never had a spare 3 hours to read your reply. My father always told me don't trust anyone who doesn't drink is a great policy. Given that' our company own a hotel group the only way I could stop drinking is if I had a roll of duct tape. When you told me all about your gym training I broke out in a sweat and I had to have a few beers.

Thank you for all your kind advice but please pass it on to someone else I'm off to the pub.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G570F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived