SMASHED! Pattaya Expats drink everyone else under the table, new survey reveals

webfact

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't know much about BMI. I reckon it's about 16. Just a guess.

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't know much about BMI. I reckon it's about 16. Just a guess.

Weight in kilos divided by height in metres squared   eg I am 79 kg and 1.76 tall. So 79/(1.76x1.76) = 25.50. Help I am obese !  Must grow another 2 cm.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't know much about BMI. I reckon it's about 16; maybe 12. Just a guess.

Stop guessing.If BMI was 12 and you are is 1.94 tall...you would weigh 45kg and need medical attention.    LOL

9 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Weight in kilos divided by height in metres squared   eg I am 79 kg and 1.76 tall. So 79/(1.76x1.76) = 25.50. Help I am obese !

Wow!!!!!!!

Just did the calculation; 23 (88x1.94x1.94). Need to up the wine intake!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thaivisa survey has showed showed that almost a third of Pattaya expats have a beer every single day. 

This compared to a Thailand wide average of about one in four. 

They should have come to Phitsanulok during their survey.

This would have changed their statistics for them a bit.......................:thumbsup:

One thing I have never understood about these BS surveys is, in this case specifically, how the views of 692 people can come to this amazing announcement. I reckon most of the people not surveyed were down the pub when they were taking figures.

30 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Have to disagree with you on this one Patriot. One of the good things to come from surveys is that it focuses our minds on the value of life, and for some, the afterlife. Especially if the survey is applicable to us personally.

My friend in Pattaya, drinks a crate/box of Leo every day. He will never drink more than the 12 (large) bottles. Even if he has finished the lot by early afternoon he will not have another. His self-discipline is astounding.

For myself; I only drink home-made mushroom or garlic wine*. Then only in moderation; just a glass a day. I can recommend it to anyone that would like to be taller and more muscular. I've gone from 1.91m to 1.94m in just 12 months and I'm more muscular now than this time last year.

* Full details for brewing are available in the TVForum archives.

although the recipe sounds horrible, mushroom and garlic, yuk, no wonder you barely manage a glass a day, I'll try that,
maybe I get to 19.4 cm as well .

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Been here 10+ years.  I've had maybe 3 large Chang and 5 Spy in all that time. lol

I'm surprised. Surprised it took you 5 Spy's to put you off that soda pop. I don't drink, and not because I'm recovering or any of that... well, maybe glass or two of wine on long flights... Glad to give up beer so as to drive market price lower.

Should it be in Pattaya or elsewhere in Thailand, one does see a bit to often rather rash behaviour from farangs....either on excessive drinking (say around 6 to 10 beers daily, decent amounts of whiskey every evening etc )...not to mention other unresponsible sex patterns with unprotected intercourse with bar girls etc......rather sad IMHO....no hard feelings please..

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Been here 10+ years.  I've had maybe 3 large Chang and 5 Spy in all that time. lol

Been here 15+ years.

Have 2 large Changs EVERY evening at the end of the day on my balcony.

That's 14 bottles a week.

And a beer with my lunch on the odd occasions i go out into town.

Your point is?

Have to disagree with you on this one Patriot. One of the good things to come from surveys is that it focuses our minds on the value of life, and for some, the afterlife. Especially if the survey is applicable to us personally.

My friend in Pattaya, drinks a crate/box of Leo every day. He will never drink more than the 12 (large) bottles. Even if he has finished the lot by early afternoon he will not have another. His self-discipline is astounding.

For myself; I only drink home-made mushroom or garlic wine*. Then only in moderation; just a glass a day. I can recommend it to anyone that would like to be taller and more muscular. I've gone from 1.91m to 1.94m in just 12 months and I'm more muscular now than this time last year.

I think you have a good marketing opportunity if your old fella grew proportionally as well

9 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Each Czech drinks about 3 litres of beer a week. That is 1 1/2 small bottles per day.

They live on average to 78.

Which is a small miracle considering how calorie rich their diet is, all the dumplings and stuff. A lifestyle that includes enough activity and good genes seem far more important than drinking a few beers or wine. 

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Drinking your self to death is hard to do unless you are one of the few chronic alcoholics. Big difference between a steady drinker and chronic alcoholism although non drinkers like to smugly classify all drinkers as chronic

The liver is an incredibly powerful organ. Dad was a big drinker and I followed him into my 40's and then had the dreaded blood tests. Liver was in The NORMAL range lol

Same here I’m a youngster to most people but I drink on average 15 beers a day for last 30 years..I had my liver tested two times last in the last year and both doctors said fine.Im 48

40 minutes ago, KKr said:

although the recipe sounds horrible, mushroom and garlic, yuk, no wonder you barely manage a glass a day, I'll try that,
maybe I get to 19.4 cm as well .

Not mix together KKr.

I use Reishi. Very bitter at first (very acquired taste). Mine is around 20/25% alcohol content. So half litre a day is just enough.

Belize and the Seychelles? Surprising. 

39 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I'm surprised. Surprised it took you 5 Spy's to put you off that soda pop. I don't drink, and not because I'm recovering or any of that... well, maybe glass or two of wine on long flights... Glad to give up beer so as to drive market price lower.

I had the Spy at various functions, and just as something other than water ore coffee.  And, yeah, it like soda pop. lol

23 minutes ago, madmen said:
1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I think you have a good marketing opportunity if your old fella grew proportionally as well

I didn't want to say; but yes.

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Which is a small miracle considering how calorie rich their diet is, all the dumplings and stuff. A lifestyle that includes enough activity and good genes seem far more important than drinking a few beers or wine. 

Problem is mostly that a lifestyle that includes enough physical activity not works well with drinking beer. Though for sure a few pull it off doing a lot of sports and drinking. Most choose one of the two. Either being physical active or drinking. 

I understand how people feel, trying to not drink any bad stuff myself (think sugary drinks) but its hard. I limit myself to one glas a day. Maybe my liking of a sugary drink is the same as the desire others have to drink beer. Sometimes you just feel like it.

Same here I’m a youngster to most people but I drink on average 15 beers a day for last 30 years..I had my liver tested two times last in the last year and both doctors said fine.Im 48
I was always depressed thinking about my drinking !

I solved this problem as I gave up thinking lol.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Foreign expats probably spend a great deal more money than anyone else too, supporting the local economy. While we sometimes see stories of drunk tourists, the expats, who do drink a fair bit, generally seem to be able to handle it a lot better than some locals I have seen staggering about, pissed like the proverbial newt.

I doubt the average expat in Pattaya spends that much, heard that most of them are looking for the cheapest prices during happy hour. 

RE - The survey also revealed that some expats may be killing themselves with their beer consumption.

* Without a survey to lean on it seems like balconies kill more expats than beer ....:whistling:

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Problem is mostly that a lifestyle that includes enough physical activity not works well with drinking beer. Though for sure a few pull it off doing a lot of sports and drinking. Most choose one of the two. Either being physical active or drinking. 

True. German army had it right, beer was fuel for marching and also farmers on the field need the energy. Liquid fuel. I need it to support the massive energy usage due to my enormous brain capacity.

26 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

78 isnt that old. Czech beer is good though. 60 years of drinking Czech beer is a pretty good life.

Archived