Bangkok smog: 50 drones to be launched spraying molasses to relieve smog

snoop1130

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm wondering how familiar Thai authorities are with basic mathematics. 50 drones X 10 litres equals 500 litres. No idea how many flights the drones can make in a day, how often they need to be refueled/recharged, turnaround time.

Do these guys really think they can eliminate a smog layer over 1600 square kilometres? Surface area of Bangkok city proper. That's one drone per 32 square kilometres.

Next, I suppose they'll be ordering 50 recruits to put out a forest fire by pissing on it.

Nah, they'll just get people to pre-sweep all the forests beforehand...

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm wondering how familiar Thai authorities are with basic mathematics. 50 drones X 10 litres equals 500 litres. No idea how many flights the drones can make in a day, how often they need to be refueled/recharged, turnaround time.

Do these guys really think they can eliminate a smog layer over 1600 square kilometres? Surface area of Bangkok city proper. That's one drone per 32 square kilometres.

Next, I suppose they'll be ordering 50 recruits to put out a forest fire by pissing on it.

A kakistocracy is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens. 
That definition might help to explain things for us.
I think it's where the word "kak" comes from.
Some of the ideas they have come up with to solve the smog problem are bizarre and incredible even by the standards here.

2 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Oh please, just stop all this bowlocks now.

Enough already.

Just when you thought they couldn't get any more stupid, they always manage to amaze....

I'm wondering, just what public health authority or air pollution expert did they consult about this one?

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I guess I'll cook some pancakes in the morning and leave them out on the porch, and wait for the drones to fly overhead.... :licklips:

Just what I was thinking. I will be the one in the middle of Sanam Luang holding up my pancake waiting for the drone !!

When there was serious flooding the navy had its boats rev their engines in the river to improve the flow. Can they not somehow turn those boats upside down and repeat the revving.

I have no faith in this idea but at least it would give the impression that this government is taking the problem seriously.

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just when you thought they couldn't get any more stupid, they always manage to amaze....

I'm wondering, just what public health authority or air pollution expert did they consult about this one?

It was obviously Prayut's soothsayer - the one he's used before.

1 hour ago, Chippy151 said:

I seem to be muttering "unbelievable" to myself more and more these days.

For a country where face and image is extremely important, the officials here don't seem to give a s**t how stupid they look.

I think that's because they have no idea how stupid they look.

They're trapped by this notion of "saving face"; they simply cannot admit that nothing substantive can be done except wait for some good rain, and so have to come up with ludicrous schemes to try to convince the people that they are in charge of the situation.

Remember the floods in 2010? Their best suggestion was to get 100 boats revving their engines furiously on the Chao Praya river to push the floodwaters into the sea. That worked out just as well as you'd expect. ????

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A Mr. M.  Mouse

13 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

I think that's because they have no idea how stupid they look.

They're trapped by this notion of "saving face"; they simply cannot admit that nothing substantive can be done except wait for some good rain, and so have to come up with ludicrous schemes to try to convince the people that they are in charge of the situation.

Remember the floods in 2010? Their best suggestion was to get 100 boats revving their engines furiously on the Chao Praya river to push the floodwaters into the sea. That worked out just as well as you'd expect. ????

Your post suggests that you don't think much of the plan Rick.

Molasses is very, very cheap at the present time. I recently purchased 1000kg for fomenting purposes. I picked it up myself; just 2000 Baht.

I think it could be a waste of effort myself. Why not send over the jets and create some rain?

As usual the Thai refuse to take the bull by the horns and start playing around to show that they are doing something.

The smoke comes from burning fields, cars, motobikes, bbq's, fires.....is that too hard to undastaan? Stop them smoke belching cars please.

16 minutes ago, fruitman said:

As usual the Thai refuse to take the bull by the horns and start playing around to show that they are doing something.

The smoke comes from burning fields, cars, motobikes, bbq's, fires.....is that too hard to undastaan? Stop them smoke belching cars please.

Can't take the bulls by the horns now they'll be too sticky.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok is preparing to launch 50 drones tomorrow for spraying water in the skies over the capital. The water will contain molasses to aid in the attachment to smog particles.

This must be just click bait,nobody in there right mind would even consider this ridiculous idea.

Well that us a really stupid crazy idea. 

But makes some people happy and avoid the hard job of tackling the real source of the problem. 

1 remove and fine all bus, truck, car and bike owners the produce smoke. 

2 enforcce a no burn ban with fines everywhere in Thailand for rubbish burning and crop, stubble burning. With a heavy campaign to educate everyone not to burn. 

Archived