Bangkok smog: 50 drones to be launched spraying molasses to relieve smog

snoop1130

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE DAY HAS COME. It is inevitable that the time would come when there were just too many cars, and fossil fuels motors running. How could anyone think anything different? This whole system of more and more cars on the road was never sustainable and now the moment of truth is here. Perhaps the air quality will improve in the coming weeks, but of course it will not be gone. As it always goes, drastic situations require drastic solutions.

14 hours ago, Hayduke said:

The government will, of course, be using nothing but the finest, premium quality smog-reduction molasses. Exclusively available from the Somchai & Somchai Trading Co. at the special promotion rate of 15 million Baht per liter.

Maybe, but the real money will be in supplying colostomy bags for mols who can no longer give a s**t.

Quote Wiki - Bangkok city proper covers an area of 1,568.7 square kilometres (605.7 sq mi), ranking 69th among the other 76 provinces of Thailand. Of this, about 700 square kilometres (270 sq mi) form the built-up urban area.

So that is one drone for every 14 km2 of the urban area. 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

50 drones to be launched spraying molasses to relieve smog

7-11 stores have reported shortages of pancake mix as the government steps up it's efforts to rain maple syrup. Many street vendors have switched to french toast and crepe production and butter abuse is on the rise. Be advised that things may get quite sticky out there!

18 minutes ago, johnny49r said:

7-11 stores have reported shortages of pancake mix as the government steps up it's efforts to rain maple syrup. Many street vendors have switched to french toast and crepe production and butter abuse is on the rise. Be advised that things may get quite sticky out there!

The street vendors probably have signs saying: Flying tonight.

8 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Air spraying water dissolved molasses may actually ATTRACT malaria infected mosquitoes!

Molasses as a source of carbon dioxide for attracting the malaria mosquitoes Anopheles gambiae and Anopheles funestus

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4020376/

Is this Prayut attempting to follow Mao's Four Pests Campaign I wonder?

We all know how that ended.

UPDATE:

Smog crisis: Plans to deploy drones with molasses abandoned

6pm.jpg

The authorities in Bangkok have decided to abandon the idea to deploy drones with water laced with molasses to reduce the city's 2.5 PM pollution. 

It was previously suggested that this would be a good idea. 

Now the plans have been ditched - the 50 drones will just have plain water. 

Sanook suggested that people were starting to get worried about getting all sticky as Bangkok prepared to be sweetened up on Thursday. 

The authorities decided that dumping molasses on the capital would do more harm than good. 

It could help infectious diseases abound and make the population sicker than they already are, said Sanook. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-31

16 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Sprinkling a bit a sugar over Bangkok is not going to help the pollution problem

Possibly, but if you get showered with molasses it will distract you from worrying about the pollution. Mayonnaise or peanut butter might be equally effective.

Having spent the summers of my youth on a massive tobacco & hog farm, where molasses was a breakfast staple, as well as at lunch sometimes, I had to laugh when I first read about this idea.  My wife asked me what was so funny, so I had to explain to her what molasses was, and what would happen if it were sprayed into the air.  When I was done, she looked at me and said "Oh my god! What idiots".   

Archived