Combo-Method For Extensions Retirement

Hi Guys, may I ask you, if we besides you from UK, USA, Australia and Denmark still can use the so called "combo-method" when applying for our extensions based on retirement.. I know already "marriage" is out, as it always has been.

But for us applying for retirement extension is it STILL do-able???

Thanks for your input..

glegolo

9 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Until the 1st of March if I read the new crazy police directive correctly.

Could you plse supply me with that police--order so that I can check it out. many thanks for your help..

glegolo

15 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Could you plse supply me with that police--order so that I can check it out. many thanks for your help..

glegolo

This one?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1081671-foreigners-now-need-to-keep-800k-in-thai-bank-for-three-months-after-retirement-extension-is-granted/

Edited by jacko45k

The combination option is still possible. It is still written in the police order.

"(5) Must have and annual earning and fund deposited with a commercial bank in Thailand totalling of no less than THB 800,000 until the filing date. The said fund must remain in the account prior to and after the permission is granted and the alien can make a withdrawal under the same conditions as stated in (4)"

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The combination option is still possible. It is still written in the police order.

"(5) Must have and annual earning and fund deposited with a commercial bank in Thailand totalling of no less than THB 800,000 until the filing date. The said fund must remain in the account prior to and after the permission is granted and the alien can make a withdrawal under the same conditions as stated in (4)"

U.J. This answer (5) makes it a bit confusing considering my question. But guess that I can put an blind eye to that?  OR is the combo as I knew it from before OUT the window``

I.e. given.. I have an incomeletter confirming 40.000 baht monthly income = 480.000B... I then add my bank-money on 320.000B and voila I have 800.000B to show immigration....

Is this out the window???

glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, glegolo said:

U.J. This answer (5) makes it a bit confusing considering my question. But guess that I can put an blind eye to that?  OR is the combo as I knew it from before OUT the window``

I.e. given.. I have an incomeletter confirming 40.000 baht monthly income = 480.000B... I then add my bank-money on 320.000B and voila I have 800.000B to show immigration....

Is this out the window???

glegolo

My IO here in Phitsanulok told me he would accept this method next December. But who knows.

From where is the income letter to which you refer though.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sophon said:

That would depend on what exactly they mean by "the alien can make a withdrawal under the same conditions as stated in (4)."

Strictly speaking (4) states that the balance cannot fall below THB 400k (if we ignore the missing zero in the order) at any point during the year, so a combination with only THB 320k in the bank wouldn't qualify.

Of course, since the rules when qualifying entirely based on bank deposit allow you to withdraw half your balance after three months, maybe they will allow combinations of e.g. THB 480k in income and THB 320k deposit as long as you leave THB 160 (half) in your bank the whole year. Or maybe they will grant combination applications with a total of THB 800k, but if the bank balance element is below THB 400k, you won't be allowed to withdraw any of it during the year. But as the new police order is written, your immigration officer could certainly decide only to grant combination applications, if the bank balance stays above THB 400k all year.

Without clarification it is clear as mud exactly what is required and allowed with combination applications, as far as the bank deposit element goes.

Sophon

Is this a good point, or what??? I do hope he is wrong however..

thanks

glegolo

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sophon said:

Strictly speaking (4) states that the balance cannot fall below THB 400k (if we ignore the missing zero in the order) at any point during the year, so a combination with only THB 320k in the bank wouldn't qualify.

I think they really mean the 2 months before and 3 months after part of (4). With the combination option you would not have the 800k baht in the bank so it would only be the amount you have in the bank to reach the total of income and it to reach the 800k baht total.

They could though want to see the money in the bank to stay in the bank if it was 400k baht or less.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No it is not.

The part I don't understand from the most recent changes to combo method: 

Can my "deposit" part of the combo method be any amount, say 100,000 baht? Is there a minimum amount of deposit required to use the combo method? 

Let's say I deposit 100,000 baht as part of the combo method. Am I correct that this must be deposited 2 months before and 3 months after? 

Lastly, is there a yearly balance that must be maintained (400,000?) if using the combo method? Many questions.  ????

Thanks. Looking at all options. 

45 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

The part I don't understand from the most recent changes to combo method: 

Can my "deposit" part of the combo method be any amount, say 100,000 baht? Is there a minimum amount of deposit required to use the combo method? 

Let's say I deposit 100,000 baht as part of the combo method. Am I correct that this must be deposited 2 months before and 3 months after? 

Lastly, is there a yearly balance that must be maintained (400,000?) if using the combo method? Many questions.  ????

Thanks. Looking at all options. 

I intend to answer only one thing that I know of. I did top up my "income-letter-income" with a deposit of 40.000 baht for a couple of years ago, usingthe combo-method....

glegolo

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I intend to answer only one thing that I know of. I did top up my "income-letter-income" with a deposit of 40.000 baht for a couple of years ago, usingthe combo-method....

glegolo

Yeah, but they talk about holding 400,000 baht (like option 4). Totally confusing. The combo method is definitely not clearly explained.  ????  A few things suck about LOS. Visa is top of the list. 

1 hour ago, Changoverandout said:

I was going to use combination method with proof of pensions, bank entries in bank book and bank statements plus the difference of about 390,000 transferred to my account 3 months prior to extension and transfer it out after extension is granted, is this not possible now Jo?

Sure sounds like the deposit part is unavailable for withdrawal for another 3 months after granted. But, not 100% clear. Next question is whether combo users need to keep a minimum balance in that account all year. If yes, how much? 400k?