Construction worker wins life-changing Bt12m lottery prize

rooster59

Construction worker wins life-changing Bt12m lottery prize

By The Nation

675a3245a310472236c712da10692cff-sld.jpeg

Forty-year-old construction worker Detnarong Tembab's life turned upside down on Friday when he won the Bt12 million first prize in the government's February 1 lottery.

Detnarong's home, in Lampang province’s Ngaw district, tambon Wangnua, was crowded with relatives and friends on Saturday.

He told reporters that one night he dreamed that his younger brother told him the number “134.” And when he went to buy the lottery ticket at a market in Ngaw district and found two tickets that ended with that number he bought them both.

When the draw was announced on Friday, with the winning number 967134, he became a millionaire as two the tickets meant he won a total of Bt12 million.

He has already registered the tickets with police in the district but did not know when he would get his winnings. 

He said he plans to have a house built for his mother with the winnings and look at business opportunities.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363413

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-03

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Detnarong's home, in Lampang province’s Ngaw district, tambon Wangnua, was crowded with relatives and friends on Saturday.

I think he will find the correct word is acquaintances, as he will find out, once they have helped him spend the dosh.

• Like 1

I think he better move to another province even go to Laos and start a Thai restaurant. If he stays in NakonNowhere he will be swamped by long lost friends and relatives. 

Every single old unpaid bank loan and loan shark IOU's in his village will be 'called in 'with interest. He'll regret telling the media about his windfall. Bank managers are already pulling out cold files and calculating the amount payable.

Edited by Lucius verus
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

... and dump the motorscooter! 

it's gunna be too easy for him to have some coincidental accident...

or get arrested, and more specifically, assets stripped - for wearing the red tshirt

• Confused 1

i hope he wasn't a construction worker because of weak cognitive skills.  if it was me, i would be out of town and try to cash it somewhere else.  trust nobody.  have your friends hate you for a few weeks, but tell the ones close to you that you will talk to them after you relocate.  

in America, the lottery can get to be 31,289,111,389 baht.  and it only costs one USD to play.  i'm sure worse odds.  

imagine if he won that.

winning the lottery really might be horrible.  some places they kidnap your family.  other places, worse.  and the friend that took 200,000 now wants only 10,000 more.  then another 20,000...and it will never, ever end.  their job is to take your money.  

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, puukao said:

i hope he wasn't a construction worker because of weak cognitive skills.  if it was me, i would be out of town and try to cash it somewhere else.  trust nobody.  have your friends hate you for a few weeks, but tell the ones close to you that you will talk to them after you relocate.  

in America, the lottery can get to be 31,289,111,389 baht.  and it only costs one USD to play.  i'm sure worse odds.  

imagine if he won that.

winning the lottery really might be horrible.  some places they kidnap your family.  other places, worse.  and the friend that took 200,000 now wants only 10,000 more.  then another 20,000...and it will never, ever end.  their job is to take your money.  

Re' hate you for a few weeks ????

Goes to the bar and buys everyone a beer.

Comment. Flash git, showing off his money.

Goes to the bar buys only himself a beer.

Comment. Tight git, he's got loads and won't buy anyone a beer.

As you say, move and keep quiet about it.

On a side note why register the tickets with the cops?

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Imagine if your wife found out you'd won a few mil' baht. ????????????

Both my wife and I would split the winnings 4 ways. 25% to my wife, my son and me and the remainder to the house account which is where the monthly expenses are paid from.

25 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Silly to publish his details this would never happen in Australia

they just would say a construction worker won some millions 

but would never publish his name or photo

UK Ibeieve you have the choice but they will try to push you to go public so they get the publicity.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Imagine if your wife found out you'd won a few mil' baht. ????????????

An accidental tumble from the 30th floor? An unfortunate traffic accident? A sudden demise overnight due to "a hitherto undiscovered heart condition"?   

• Haha 1