Good News In English

Kan Win

:D:D:D

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=27690

MCOT's Metropolis 107 Radio backed by six in't news agencies:MCOT chief

BANGKOK, May 25 (TNA) - The Mass Communication Organization of Thailand (MCOT)'s initiative to launch the so-called 'Metropolis 107 Radio' as of early next month will be strongly supported by six news agencies around the world through a collaborative news development programme in English, according to MCOT's Director-General Mingkwan Sangsuwan.

Mr. Mingkwan said here yesterday that highlights of the 'Metropolis 107 Radio' Programme would be the unprecedented cooperation in news presentation in English between Thai News Agency (TNA), MCOT's main news production structure, and such internationally-renowned news agencies as Japan-based NHK, US-based CNN and VOA, UK-based BBC, and Australia-based ABC to keep an audience abreast of news development the world over.

Broadcast on the FM 107 MHz frequency, the 'Metropolis Radio' would begin to offer entertainment and news information to the audience on 1 June, 2004, noted the MCOT chief.

He said the 'Metropolis 107 Radio' would target the Thai audience who are interested in listening to news development and learning English, as well as foreign envoys, executives, tourists, and expatriates who stay in Thailand, and are unable to understand Thai.

The radio would broadcast news coverage provided by TNA and the six international news agencies around the clock, with live news reports from every corner of the world at the beginning of every hour, he stated.

It would also entertain the audience with international popular songs in the 1970s-1980s, he said.

Mr. Mingkwan disclosed that MCOT would also inaugurate the Super Station on 1 June as a venue where the Thai audience in every corner of the country could listen to favorite folk songs, and could link their friendship to ease stress and loneliness.

MCOT radio network all over the country will broadcast from FM 95 MHz during 24.00-05.00 hours, according to the MCOT chief. (TNA) - E005

--------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Listening one and all :o

:D:D

PM presides over launch of 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis'

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=27865

BANGKOK, June 2 (TNA) - Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday presided over the launch of a radio initiative of the Mass Communication Organization of Thailand (MCOT), called the 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis' Programme, held at a hotel here.

The ceremony took place at around 06:00 p.m. at the Plaza Athinee Hotel, in which a number of distinguished guests took part, including foreign ambassadors in Thailand, local journalists, top executives of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), the national flag carrier, and those of MCOT.

The Thai leader praised the creativity and initiation of MCOT, through Thai News Agency (TNA)--its major news production structure--for joining forces with world five international news agencies in jointly turning Radio MCOT 107 FM to be 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis' with around the clock services through their news exchange deals.

The five international news agencies include Japan-based NHK, US-based CNN and VOA, UK-based BBC, and Australia-based ABC.

"I support creativity and initiation of people in all circles, particularly MCOT, which is now a state-run media organization. I am delighted and proud of MCOT for its development to a further 'modernized pace', by lauching the Modern Radio initiative, beginning with the 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis. I hope that the creativity will soon be followed suite by other radio stations across the country so that the number of radio audience will be increasing in the future", said the Thai leader.

"According to the government's recent survey, 83% of news consumers in the country now rely on TV news reports; while those who rely on newspapers and radio news reports account for only 8% and 7% respectively, the figures of which should be boosted up", he pointed out.

The prime minister also pledged that the government would continue to support MCOT's potential and development ideas in the future.

He suggested that MCOT, through TNA, continued its moves to further develop itself to acheive its goal of becoming an internationally-recognized news production base in the region, serving precise and timely news services to people all the world over in the future, as well as promoting good relationship among people and countries worldwide, and retain the kingdom's good image and prestige internationally.

MCOT's Director-General Mingkwan Sangsuwan earlier told a press conference that the 'Modern Radio' would begin with the launch of the 'Metropolis 107' radio station, using the English-language Radio MCOT FM1007MHz as the broadcaster, and would then be followed by phase-in series of initiative programmes, like those of 'Modernine TV'.

Highlights of the 'Metropolis 107 Radio' Programme will be the unprecedented cooperation in news presentation in English between TNA, and the five internationally-renowned news agencies, according to Mr. Mingkwan.

Broadcast on the FM 107 MHz frequency, the 'Metropolis Radio' has begun to offer entertainment and news information to the audience since this morning.

Mr. Mingkwan said the 'Metropolis 107 Radio' would target the Thai audience who are interested in listening to news development and learning English, as well as foreign envoys, executives, tourists, and expatriates who stay in Thailand, and are unable to understand Thai.

"The radio would broadcast news coverage provided by TNA and the five international news agencies around the clock, with live news reports from every corner of the world at the beginning of every hour", he stated.

It would also entertain the audience with international popular songs in the 1970s-1980s, he said.

Mr. Mingkwan disclosed that MCOT would also inaugurate the Super Station on 1 June as a venue where the Thai audience in every corner of the country could listen to favorite folk songs, and could link their friendship to ease stress and loneliness.

It will be broadcast on FM 95 MHz during 24.00-05.00 hours, according to the MCOT chief.

MCOT has three main structures, including Modernine TV (TV Channel 9), TNA, and Radio MCOT, as well as supportive units, namely the Marketing, Accounting, Planning and Policy, Personnel, Public Relations, Welfare, and Engineering Department. (TNA)--E002

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kan Win:-

Anyone listen to it yet ?

:D:D:o

:D:D

PM presides over launch of 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis'

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=27865

BANGKOK, June 2 (TNA) - Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday presided over the launch of a radio initiative of the Mass Communication Organization of Thailand (MCOT), called the 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis' Programme, held at a hotel here.

The ceremony took place at around 06:00 p.m. at the Plaza Athinee Hotel, in which a number of distinguished guests took part, including foreign ambassadors in Thailand, local journalists, top executives of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), the national flag carrier, and those of MCOT.

The Thai leader praised the creativity and initiation of MCOT, through Thai News Agency (TNA)--its major news production structure--for joining forces with world five international news agencies in jointly turning Radio MCOT 107 FM to be 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis' with around the clock services through their news exchange deals.

The five international news agencies include Japan-based NHK, US-based CNN and VOA, UK-based BBC, and Australia-based ABC.

"I support creativity and initiation of people in all circles, particularly MCOT, which is now a state-run media organization. I am delighted and proud of MCOT for its development to a further 'modernized pace', by lauching the Modern Radio initiative, beginning with the 'Modern Radio 107 FM Metropolis. I hope that the creativity will soon be followed suite by other radio stations across the country so that the number of radio audience will be increasing in the future", said the Thai leader.

"According to the government's recent survey, 83% of news consumers in the country now rely on TV news reports; while those who rely on newspapers and radio news reports account for only 8% and 7% respectively, the figures of which should be boosted up", he pointed out.

The prime minister also pledged that the government would continue to support MCOT's potential and development ideas in the future.

He suggested that MCOT, through TNA, continued its moves to further develop itself to acheive its goal of becoming an internationally-recognized news production base in the region, serving precise and timely news services to people all the world over in the future, as well as promoting good relationship among people and countries worldwide, and retain the kingdom's good image and prestige internationally.

MCOT's Director-General Mingkwan Sangsuwan earlier told a press conference that the 'Modern Radio' would begin with the launch of the 'Metropolis 107' radio station, using the English-language Radio MCOT FM1007MHz as the broadcaster, and would then be followed by phase-in series of initiative programmes, like those of 'Modernine TV'.

Highlights of the 'Metropolis 107 Radio' Programme will be the unprecedented cooperation in news presentation in English between TNA, and the five internationally-renowned news agencies, according to Mr. Mingkwan.

Broadcast on the FM 107 MHz frequency, the 'Metropolis Radio' has begun to offer entertainment and news information to the audience since this morning.

Mr. Mingkwan said the 'Metropolis 107 Radio' would target the Thai audience who are interested in listening to news development and learning English, as well as foreign envoys, executives, tourists, and expatriates who stay in Thailand, and are unable to understand Thai.

"The radio would broadcast news coverage provided by TNA and the five international news agencies around the clock, with live news reports from every corner of the world at the beginning of every hour", he stated.

It will be broadcast on FM 95 MHz during 24.00-05.00 hours, according to the MCOT chief.

MCOT has three main structures, including Modernine TV (TV Channel 9), TNA, and Radio MCOT, as well as supportive units, namely the Marketing, Accounting, Planning and Policy, Personnel, Public Relations, Welfare, and Engineering Department. (TNA)--E002

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kan Win:-

Anyone listen to it yet ?

:D:D:o

Yes I have listened off and on the past two days; the jury is still out if it is any good or not.

Personally I haven’t noticed much of a difference. They still have that presenter Vangie and don’t mean to sound nasty but she has the worst word stress I’ve ever heard (enough to give one motion sickness :o:D)

:o Whatever handle you want to give this radio station, it has been declining over the past few years in quality, informative value, education, and enjoyment. It's progressing rapidly from bad to worse.

What's happened to the evening classical music? Do we have to suffer rowdy modern rubbish day and night? The same old songs day in and day out! Unfortunately, there are few alternatives available. The evening presenters might have been lousy in their English, ignorant in their knowledge of the discs they played, but the music, on the whole, was enjoyable. Bring back the classics!! At least for a few hours a week. Personally the day time broadcasts are crap and I for one have reverted to the other Virgin station where at least the DJ's can speak English.

The BBC news on the hour isn't bad (when they don't cut off the start of it).

The Thai News Agency stuff on the half hour - is typical of Thai news in English. (discussions about what the government says it's doing, like the new football league in the south, or which parts of the constitution the planned Liverpool Lottery would have broken - but no real news as such, except when it's also mentioned in the UK news, like the shootings in the south). Why can't the Thai News Agency have the same news that the Thai's get? - just in English.

But music-wise, even for the MOR stuff that it is, I often find myself switching over to Virgin on 105. (smooth FM as was), or just using seek...

Why the name change anyway - what was wrong with Right FM? (even if nobody has dials these days).

i never used to get their catchphrase "the station on your right"

everytime i heard i looked right and never saw a radio station at all!!

anyway,the news is ok really,but it dosnt change for hours,so usually end up hearing the same stuff over and over again,

i dont like the new jingle that they use..it makes it sound very radio 5ish.

or like radio one in the 80s.

but the music seems to have got a little better recently.

i only used to listern to it cos it was the only station i could pick up out here in the country.

but i think 95.5 fm has done something cos i can now recieve that also.

well last week i went to black eyed peas concert...the taxi driver didnt know where BEC TERO was so i called 107 and the lady(also the disc jocky) told me where to go!! asked for a request and the very next song was what we wanted!!!

extremely impressed,but obviously they dont get many requests.

Firstly, I like Metropolis. The easy listening is great . No Gareth Gates or Atomic Kitten etc. But, I think the djs are a bit robotic . I can't remember the night presenter, Doc something....please don't be confused with the good Dr on this forum :o . The guy is a cringe factor , dunno if he is Thai or falang

I think the alternative ,Virgin, has the most corny adds in the world " Think fresh, think Foodland " Even my Thai wife cringes at these adds.