Power and Water bills?

pianoman

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

My water bill in Hua HIn is electronically printed but has no bar code.  It cannot be paid at 7/11 or Tesco, whereas the electricity bill can be paid at both.  To avoid a 34 km round trip just to pay a few baht, we ask the guy delivering the water bills to ring our door bell and then we pay him with a small tip added.  He gives us the bill as a receipt.  Works well, as long as we are in when he calls.

I just set up a bank account to cut it from. Saves me problems.

You should be able to pay authority generated bills by standing order from a Thai bank account. That's what we do here in Nong Prue. Automatically deducted each month. I think from memory you have to go to the authority and fill out the right form though.

You cannot pay printed water bill or MEA bill on the issued day printed on the bills. They update overnight then you can pay them from the following day. 7-11 usually have a 10bht fee, but I discovered accidentally that Big C only have a 5bht fee. Convenient to pay when doing grocery shopping.. 

I received my water bill yesterday morning and paid it at 7-11 yesterday afternoon with no problems. The thing that you must remember is the cut off day for the bill to be paid at 7-11. The PEA date is at the bottom of the bill and the PWA is in the centre near the top of the bill. DO NOT USE the date at the bottom of the PWA bill, that is after the cut off date, I made that mistake once and had to pay the PWA bill at their office 

35 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I you try to pay it at 7-11 , you need to wait about 2 days (after you receive the bill) to become available in the system. 

At least for Udon Thani that's not true, i can pay the bill at the same day

1 hour ago, cracker1 said:

Best way to pay power is download PEA App (available in English). Get history of previous use and can pay when absent from the country easily. Bill comes to your mobile phone.

do you have a link to this app? I find 2 different PEA apps in Google Play and both are only in Thai (well one is in English until you get the the e-pay page, then that is only in Thai - and also seems to require some sort of log in?)

I pay the PEA bills at 7 - 11 and then walk across the road to the tessabaan to pay the water bills...the tessabaan premises is next door to where I live so no worries...

like Sheryl I've also had probs with setting up the PEA app on my phone...I'd prefer being able to pay PEA using my K - bank cyberbanking facility on the laptop and I'm told that this can be set up by going down to the local branch and completing the paperwork...

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

do you have a link to this app? I find 2 different PEA apps in Google Play and both are only in Thai (well one is in English until you get the the e-pay page, then that is only in Thai - and also seems to require some sort of log in?)

I have the PEA Smart Plus app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esrith.pea_mobile&hl=en

Despite having an English language choice, not everything is translated.  However, if you have the paper bill then you can scan the QR code on it to set up your meter details.

I had to tell my condo owner I wanted to pay it myself. Up until then, I got the bill with no bar code and had to pay the condo manager, it was a monthly pain in the butt. After that, I started getting the bill WITH the bar code and everything went swimmingly.