A possible solution to the current immigration requirements.

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

You should be careful when trying to speak for other people. You shall NOT talk i.e. for ALL THESE NATIONS THAT STILL DO THE INCOME-LETTER.... We do NOT need what you are suggesting. We are just fine.

The ONLY people you can speak to and include is people from AUSTRALIA UK DENMARK AND USA.. NO ONE ELSE.....

glegolo

I appreciate your comments but do not see my post as being confrontational as the proffered solution would not be detrimental to any expat regardless of nationality.

• Like 1

You should be careful when trying to speak for other people. You shall NOT talk i.e. for ALL THESE NATIONS THAT STILL DO THE INCOME-LETTER.... We do NOT need what you are suggesting. We are just fine.

The ONLY people you can speak to and include is people from AUSTRALIA UK DENMARK AND USA.. NO ONE ELSE.....

glegolo

This is all a political game between TI and named embassies to force them to reintroduce the income letters.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

indeed, he should spend his time writing to his own government to tell them represent their citizens properly. 

19 hours ago, New beginnings said:

Therefore the question of possible “brown envelopes” being handed over would end.

Yes put an end to the question but not the practice.  

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would he more inclined to believe TI wants Embassies to truly verify income and eliminate the rubber stamping or Stat Dec and affidavit methods they were employing. 

But they are embassies, not credit bureaus.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, amexpat said:

But they are embassies, not credit bureaus.  

They issue passports and other functions don't they? Actually it is what TI regards as their responsibilities that is important, and they truly wanted them to verify income. Still I accept your point.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

am kind of curious, it's your proposal and it should be proposed to whom exactly, you want to propose to all expats here at TV, correct me if I am wrong but TV doesn't have decision making at TI thus, feel free,  propose as much as you want and you will get some funny comments and you could get some god laughs out of them.... I know I do

29 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And other posters suggest, probably correctly, that Thai Imm Officers would not be able to decipher a Bank statement in English.

So how the f*** would they read and understand some of the sh**e written here.   LOL

Sigh

Disappointing to see you are also trolling this poster as well.

Some people are trying to help with the current situation.

You on the other hand chose to make a snide comment about the OP's misuse of THERE.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, New beginnings said:

If the above were implemented it would restore expatriates confidence in the immigration policy and make expats feel that Thailand also appreciates and welcomes the contribution they make to the local community.

How many retirees attend their local community meetings?

Most of them wouldn't understand a word being said. 

Many contribute to the Boonrawd fund and poor farmers fund. lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I disagree with it.

Expats mostly and embassies created this.

So many negative comments??

If you were swearing to the 65,000 before what is the difference? Now, you just need to ship it here it is a click of a button.

The 800,000 is the same just leave it in longer and withdraw half.

They really are not huge changes in my book for one that has gone by the rules, is an adult and can adapt to life's changes.

But I guess if a person lied about their income or got an agent to lie for them then....

Mommies can not help a person change any of it. Grow up, adapt, and accept reality.

When the last farang is forced to leave Thailand....

You can say to him....

Mommies can not help a person change any of it. Grow up, adapt, and accept reality.

• Like 2

Sigh

You on the other hand chose to make a snide comment about the OP's misuse of THERE.

'Some people trying to help with the current situation',
The sooner some people accept it the better.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To the OP:

There is currently no expat holding a retirement visa.  They would have a Non O visa and be on a current extension of that based on retirement.

A blanket 12 monthly moratorium on financial for extensions applications would assist in alleviated the confusion and hardship created by the new rules.

Hopefully the moratorium would not only cover new applicants but also individuals like myself and Sheryl who have recently obtained an extension, but do not know whether or not we have to top up our bank accounts with 400K prior to March 1.

I am not sure what impact a moratorium would have on illegal agent activity. There are very few impediments to corrupt activity here. So it would be easy for agents to swing back into action in full force once the moratorium is lifted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Hopefully the moratorium would not only cover new applicants but also individuals like myself and Sheryl who have recently obtained an extension, but do not know whether or not we have to top up our bank accounts with 400K prior to March 1.

They want things murky and confusing....They strive to make things even more murky and confusing......If they did not want this the situation would be corrected with-in a day or 2......

Edited by fforest1

20 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Sigh

If that's your idea of trolling, I suggest you read all the thousands of posts that have been going on this subject since before you joined TV and you will see that I too am trying to help with this situation.

If you never told a child how to spell, the English language would be disastrous. So why not tell an adult as well?

Where on earth do you get this impression. TI moved quickly to give an alternative to those affected by the Embassies' actions. 
I would be more inclined to believe TI wants Embassies to truly verify income and eliminate the rubber stamping or Stat Dec and affidavit methods they were employing. 

But it will fail long term as the requirements are harsh. Remember that all other embassies give the income letter so it is easy for their citizen. If TI rely wants to truly verify why not Eliminate not All others as well?
If expats have to leave, who is to blame, TI or the embassies

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

If that's your idea of trolling, I suggest you read all the thousands of posts that have been going on this subject since before you joined TV and you will see that I too am trying to help with this situation.

If you never told a child how to spell, the English language would be disastrous. So why not tell an adult as well?

Your conduct is in breach of the rules of this forum:

...be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

17 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

They want things murky and confusing....They strive to make things even more murky and confusing......If they did not want this the situation would be corrected with-in a day or 2......

Yes. Lack of clarity promotes further opportunities to profit from corruption.

• Like 1