Aussie teacher details horrific conditions inside Thai detention

webfact

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Overstayers -- and beyond that even convicted criminals -- deserve to be treated humanely in any country, be provided sufficient and decent food and water while in custody, and some level of medical treatment when ill, etc etc.

Anything less is a violation of their human rights by those in charge.

But the govt just told  us they know all  about human rights?? with Mr Bahrani

• Like 2

I spent 8 days in Thai detention due to a passport problem (my passport was tampered with while I was asleep on a flight to Singapore who also detained me before deporting me back to Thailand) then I got deported to the UK, the experience was interesting for me - I had a fight (fisticuffs) with guards on the first night! --- funny as hell experience, something to tell the grand kids.. ???? -- Singapore ain't a great place to be in detention either.... 

2 hours ago, fraggleRock said:
I spent 8 days in Thai detention due to a passport problem (my passport was tampered with while I was asleep on a flight to Singapore who also detained me before deporting me back to Thailand) then I got deported to the UK, the experience was interesting for me - I had a fight (fisticuffs) with guards on the first night! --- funny as hell experience, something to tell the grand kids.. [emoji846] -- Singapore ain't a great place to be in detention either....

Did you win?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

I spent 8 days in Thai detention due to a passport problem (my passport was tampered with while I was asleep on a flight to Singapore who also detained me before deporting me back to Thailand) then I got deported to the UK, the experience was interesting for me - I had a fight (fisticuffs) with guards on the first night! --- funny as hell experience, something to tell the grand kids.. ???? -- Singapore ain't a great place to be in detention either....

In Thailand, were you held at the IDC on Soi Suan Plu, or at the airport temporary detention facility?

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Good question mate, ex and me had a falling out, she attacked me with a knife ( still have the scar on my stomach).

I shoved her on her a++e to stop her having another go, and i got locked up.

So you were there because of poor judgement in choosing a partner. ???? 

Thanks for sharing your experiences, helps to add balance to the report in the Australian news.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well old hippy, you posted a sad emoji on my post, having been detained in a Thai prison, i am fully aware of the conditions.

This Aussie who  wouldnt provide his full name is full of s++t.

Please let us know if you have been inside a prison here, and if so what were the conditions like.

Well according to do gooders in Australia who are trying to get a convicted criminal and soccer player freed they are barbaric and absolutely horrific. Prisoners sleep on bare concrete floors that are covered in urine and excrement without room to move, they are cuffed and shackled 24/7, no fresh water, no medical attention and only afforded 2 small bowls of old rice per day.  

The farang is upset for being called ..IT. ? How long has he lived here.  The only reason why Thais don't insult me anymore is because I've picked up the language. Thai girls insult the farang tourists, boyfriend or husbands daily..'.beua' is their favourite description of a middle aged farang. Hello fat buffalo or lazy dumb-arse.Farangs have no idea what she is saying

If farangs knew what these girls were saying they wouldn't marry them.

Edited by Lucius verus

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

After reading the story in the link, i had a good laugh, and call him a cry baby, wanting media attention.

Only allowed 40cm width to sleep, same as normal prisons here, no toilet paper, what did he expect?

Thais dont use toilet paper like farangs do, most of them never use it to wipe their backsides.

Food only bones, no meat, same as other prisons here, plenty of rice and a bowl of gruel, normal in prisons here.

Girlfriend overheard guards speaking BS, she would never have been allowed inside.

No medical help again BS, whilst i was in Buriram prison ( in a cell with 104 ) a prisoner in my cell had a problem in the night, he was taken out for him to get treatment, ( what treatment how good ) i dont know.

He was here 2 years on tourist visas, of course he got lifted, he admits to working, so no wonder had problems.

Your talking nonsense pal

I guess the Aussie guy blabbed to next door owner about what he was doing.

What happened to 'just a cash penalty'/no jail time anymore recent changes to working without a permit ?

That above precedent could have implications for all those populating the nomad cafes in 2019... namely that he was engaging in work to overseas via web and not working with Thais locally as that is the supposed breach they can escale things to next level.

What he is doing is similar to the work online scene that got raided in Chiang Mai couple of years back, when they interviewed all the foreigners as to what they had been doing online at the point of the raid

- they were all let go.

And again same as that 'teach Chinese students English online company in Chiang Mai that was raided working out of a riverside hotel

- again all let go doing same as above guy to the letter almost.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

I guess the Aussie guy blabbed to next door owner about what he was doing.

What happened to 'just a cash penalty'/no jail time anymore recent changes to working without a permit ?

That above precedent could have implications for all those populating the nomad cafes in 2019... namely that he was engaging in work to overseas via web and not working with Thais locally as that is the supposed breach they can escale things to next level.

What he is doing is similar to the work online scene that got raided in Chiang Mai couple of years back, when they interviewed all the foreigners as to what they had been doing online at the point of the raid

- they were all let go.

And again same as that 'teach Chinese students English online company in Chiang Mai that was raided working out of a riverside hotel

- again all let go doing same as above guy to the letter almost.

I'm guessing but perhaps a touch of overstay thrown in.

56 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

The farang is upset for being called ..IT. ? How long has he lived here.  The only reason why Thais don't insult me anymore is because I've picked up the language. Thai girls insult the farang tourists, boyfriend or husbands daily..'.beua' is their favourite description of a middle aged farang. Hello fat buffalo or lazy dumb-arse.Farangs have no idea what she is saying

If farangs knew what these girls were saying they wouldn't marry them.

sounds like you know some right belters

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Overstayers -- and beyond that even convicted criminals -- deserve to be treated humanely in any country, be provided sufficient and decent food and water while in custody, and some level of medical treatment when ill, etc etc.

Anything less is a violation of their human rights by those in charge.

He wasnt an overstayer.. 

He was one of these folks who claim working online and being paid outside Thailand is just fine.. 

The Australian teacher had been living in Thailand for three years, two of those on a tourist visa.

He said in the last year he was teaching English to Chinese students online through an Australian company, and said he was told this was fine because no money was exchanged through Thailand.

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I'm guessing but perhaps a touch of overstay thrown in.

if he was on overstay they would have picked him up on the first visit.. 

They dont come and check people on overstay, then walk off and leave you.. They considered his online work and decided to come back and get him 

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

He wasnt an overstayer.. 

He was one of these folks who claim working online and being paid outside Thailand is just fine.. 

I didn't say he was an overstayer. But I probably should have said more clearly... people sent to IDC for whatever reason, and even convicted criminals in prison, deserve to be treated with basic human rights and protections.

Well then this is a precedent for the (much hated on TV) nomads, if he was detained on the basis of working online with people outside Thailand.

I see western guys in my local cafe obviously doing same as him - SEO/coders etc per my baristas divulgence. It is almost like a hub for the scene.

No hate for them, just an observation that they are doing the same.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1