Kidney patient slammed as he buys a pick-up with the donation money

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spending it as if he won the lotto.im not a cheap Charlie and always tip for good service but one thing I never do is donate to charity.last time was £100 when tsunami hit Thailand and since then seen how it was embezzled and wasted with only a small percentage going to the victims,never again.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

well he will be there soon enough. 

That's a pretty heavy thing to say, maybe now with all the stone throwing he has received he does feel as though and maybe even understands he may have made a mistake, I don't think that there is anyone alive that hasn't don't forget he is still a sick young man.  I wish you well mate but be wise and careful with this wonderful kindness people have afforded you.

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Chances are limited now, as i doubt people will donate any more money.

No way - the world will continue to be deceived as it has the last 2019 years ....

7 minutes ago, alation said:

That's a pretty heavy thing to say, maybe now with all the stone throwing he has received he does feel as though and maybe even understands he may have made a mistake, I don't think that there is anyone alive that hasn't don't forget he is still a sick young man.  I wish you well mate but be wise and careful with this wonderful kindness people have afforded you.

Although i dont necessarily wish him dead it must also  be remembered he is a mixture of con artist, and both stupid and self centered.

Seems phones mothers debts and pick ups are higher priority than using the money for what it was  GIVEN to him for.

Certainly he deserves all the criticism hes getting, hope  all his spending does not effect his longevity!

So what platform did he use exactly to "win" 800kTHB?

I would love to know how to get 800k just by writing a crowdfunding help page is that it?

I think I will need a new brain transplant soon and it's expensive ????

Having Stage 5 kidney disease probably means this guy has slim to no chance of survival.  I'm sure he realizes that; and, is trying to enjoy what little time he has left.  Taking this guy to task for spending 500k is a joke compared to the amount of money raked in; and, squandered by the rich temples throughout Thailand.  The pickup trucks they are buying have Mercedes Benz emblems on the grill. 

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

Hey! If you re generous/stupid enough to donate money to a stranger you really have no reason to moan about how they spend it.

Of course you do, if the money was given for a specific purpose.  If you gave a million to a little-known hospital towards a new department and then you learnt that the director had used it to help with the purchase of his new mercedes, you think you would not be entitled to moan?

I have certainly felt annoyed when "lending" (i.e. giving) money to a relative of my ex-Thai wife, supposedly for an operation for their daughter, only to find that she did not need any treatment as she was fine.  

12 minutes ago, poohy said:

Although i dont necessarily wish him dead it must also  be remembered he is a mixture of con artist, and both stupid and self centered.

Seems phones mothers debts and pick ups are higher priority than using the money for what it was  GIVEN to him for.

Certainly he deserves all the criticism hes getting, hope  all his spending does not effect his longevity!

Longevity?  As another poster suggested, his purchase of a pick-up will no doubt hasten his demise long before the medical problem would otherwise kick in fatally.

24 minutes ago, alation said:

That's not got a lot to do with this man. I don't have much if any time for someone who fraudulently uses money, freely given in understanding, charity and sympathy, his illness notwithstanding.  All he has done, apart from screw up his own chances of survival, is make sure that those same people, and many like them who read this sorry tale,  will not give again to a more deserving case than his. 

31 minutes ago, alation said:

I think your advice is a loan repayment, a telephone and a pick-up a bit too late.  If he is as sick as he claims, he should have used the money for the purpose for what it was donated and possibly save his own life.

Welcome to Life (and Asia) everyone!  Now people are pissed/disappointed and seek reconciliation.  Hmmm!  How ignorant you are.  Did you really expect him to be responsible? Just like all the Thai girls we support so they can give our  money away to their Thai family and boyfriends only for us to feel betrayed...answer is simple:  Stop giving or don't.  Go ahead, save the world, it will cost you...be Jesus, Heck tattoo it on your forehead...Jesus is here!  LOL

51 minutes ago, alation said:

They are only sorry for a day here.

Couple of Wai's and some, sheepish looks. then Business as usual tomorrow.

it's the done thing here. 

6 hours ago, jonclark said:

On one hand it is so nice to see that there are many very many generous people out there who are willing to put their hand in their pockets to donate money to an ill person.

But on the other his lack of disregard for their actions is quite disappointing and suggests he values his own health less than those who donated to help ease his suffering. 

Later on when the illness has progressed he can sell the pick-up to pay for treatment as I expect the donation source would have dried up!

Got to be careful donating money to many of these causes. I well remember many years ago when I was living down South the local expat community held several fund-raising events for the local orphange, and raised a considerable sum of money, which they then presented to the Thais in charge of the orphanage. We found out later the director bought a new car, and the staff got a new fridge and a few other electrical applicances for their lunch room. After that the word was spread around never to donate money but to give foodstuffs, clothing, bedding and other such items.

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Later on when the illness has progressed he can sell the pick-up to pay for treatment as I expect the donation source would have dried up!

Nah

Won't pan out like that.

Loan sharks will come and get the pick up, in the not so distant future.

6 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

It is in cases like this that I really feel that survival of the fittest truly is the most effective and natural way.

This is why the motto "charity begins at home" has been mine for a long time.

Were he to succumb to his disease for his greed and idiocy I would feel as nothing has changed in this world we live in except that there would be more oxygen left for others.

This is like poetry friend... you truly write beautifully.  

Archived