Kidney patient slammed as he buys a pick-up with the donation money

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In these sorts of circumstances one must use common sense. When we are talking about a large sum, more money than that guy has probably ever seen in his life, there would need to be a reliable third party involved, in order to beleive that the right thing would be done with the money. Of course this went south. What can be expected of him? 

Just this morning came knocks at our door. It was our friend soliciting for a young woman 30 ish who died and whose body was brought to the local Mosque, no family, no money. We donated to provide for post-death bath and burying clothes.  Here is the kind of charity that won't be spent foolishly. RIP poor young woman. We need to be grateful for what we have and give where truly needed.

8 hours ago, jonclark said:

On one hand it is so nice to see that there are many very many generous people out there who are willing to put their hand in their pockets to donate money to an ill person.

But on the other his lack of disregard for their actions is quite disappointing and suggests he values his own health less than those who donated to help ease his suffering. 

Some things people need to get over once donated it is his to do as he pleases do not cry later if he cannot meet expecttations

Good for him. As if there would have been any other outcome of a random destitute dirt kicker receiving 800k all at once. It’s probably more money than he’s entire family had ever seen.

The problem isn’t that he spent the money on something else. Of course he was going to do that. The problem is that everyone had unrealistic expectations.

Poor people stay poor for a reason.

I hope he enjoys what time he has left.

9 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Spending it as if he won the lotto.im not a cheap Charlie and always tip for good service but one thing I never do is donate to charity.last time was £100 when tsunami hit Thailand and since then seen how it was embezzled and wasted with only a small percentage going to the victims,never again.

And now many of the tsunami warning beacons are floating around with flat batteries.

16 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Surely that is fraud and a crime if he is using the money for something other than what he said he would?  That coupe in America got into trouble for faking helping a homeless man a while ago and asking for money off cloud funding thing.

I never quite understand why people give money to a complete individual stranger they have no personal interaction with (often in another country), and just trust what they are saying 100 percent.

Yep, that' the main reason why I NEVER give to ANY of those organizations anymore. Used to a long time ago, 'til I found out through personal experience waht a scam most of these outfits ( and many times the people receiving the "benefits" ) really are. Several times I have personally known the person in need, and I have helped out...big time. But now, if I'm not acquainted with the "victim".....NOTHING!

8 hours ago, moe666 said:

Some things people need to get over once donated it is his to do as he pleases do not cry later if he cannot meet expecttations

Yes it is but he's a sad person who's kidney is nearly a raisin and god will judge him????.the donations was for treatment not for a nice car and sorting out the families debt.

11 hours ago, dcnx said:

Poor people stay poor for a reason.

That's a nice general sweeping statement.  

I come from a background with single mother who worked hard to feed two kids.  I studied hard in school.  I live now in Bangkok making decent salary.

It must be nice to be so rich to put himself above everyone else.  Have a good weekend.

21 hours ago, happy chappie said:

They don't have beacons.only sirens that are knackered.

Thailand’s warning system includes warning towers, a network of detection buoys in the sea and public announcement systems.

The thai government indicated that the total system has about 2000 pieces and some needed maintenance and batteries replaced. 

Also comments about they are set about 10% of thier volume and need turning up.

Prasert Kunneang, public relations officer at the National Disaster Warning Center in Bangkok, said the tsunami warning system is tested daily and Thailand is prepared in the event of a future tsunami.

Archived