7 11's

Globeliner

Forgive me if this has been covered countless times, the 7/11's must be losing an absolute fortune due to these wierd licencing laws, i'm way outta BKK, where you would think they may relax and let you buy that cold can of Hieneken on an extremely hot Sunday afternoon, but not is the case, so i walk accross the road and buy a can from the good old Thai bloke who sells 24/7.

I understand petrol stations etc not allowing sales of alcohol, but 7/11's miles from anywhere? Their loss, the small shop with the old Thai bloke's gain.

You tried to buy a beer between 2 and 5 PM? Your ma and pa store had the management on site to make the decsion to break the law, the 7/11 didn't. Would you loose your job because some strange farang wanted a beer? :o

TH

Edited by thaihome

Forgive me if this has been covered countless times, the 7/11's must be losing an absolute fortune due to these wierd licencing laws, i'm way outta BKK, where you would think they may relax and let you buy that cold can of Hieneken on an extremely hot Sunday afternoon, but not is the case, so i walk accross the road and buy a can from the good old Thai bloke who sells 24/7.

I understand petrol stations etc not allowing sales of alcohol, but 7/11's miles from anywhere? Their loss, the small shop with the old Thai bloke's gain.

Check the production date my friend. Even in my local Tops (afer 5pm) and the Tiger Beer bottles were - I sh+t you not - produce in November --- 2005!!

Try finding Kloster brewed this year. managedc to get some at Foodland Suk Soi 5. Have complained to Villa at 2 stores about this before..to no avail...same year old <deleted> sits on the shelves waiting fort some idiot who doesn't check dates to sh+t his shorts.

Check the production date my friend. Even in my local Tops (afer 5pm) and the Tiger Beer bottles were - I sh+t you not - produce in November --- 2005!!

Try finding Kloster brewed this year. managedc to get some at Foodland Suk Soi 5. Have complained to Villa at 2 stores about this before..to no avail...same year old <deleted> sits on the shelves waiting fort some idiot who doesn't check dates to sh+t his shorts.

That's me! Just bought and finished a bottle from the dodgily-named M-Mart. It says "Fill 281006" on it. Am I in trouble? :o

That's me! Just bought and finished a bottle from the dodgily-named M-Mart. It says "Fill 281006" on it. Am I in trouble? :D

How's your gut today? Actually 28 October may not be so bad - but personally I find anything over 3 months with Kloster and Tiger to be skunk water. :D:o

• 2 weeks later...

No beer between 2-5.......never heard of that one

The last few posts remind me of an Australian customer of ours, who bought a bottle of wine back because it had 2003 on the label, and he said it was out of date. :o

The last few posts remind me of an Australian customer of ours, who bought a bottle of wine back because it had 2003 on the label, and he said it was out of date. :o

Of course....beer and beach, that's all we (Aussies) understand.

However, if the wine was white, he could be right. If it were red, maybe his Thai companion complained it's not good for being chilled and drunk with ice.

With a heafty post count and not being aware of the limited alcohol sales hours I would say you need to spend more time in LOS and less time on line!, BTW, have you been out on a piss run for the Kings Birthday Party yet???????????

Wow, some people need a few more Sierra Tangos and alot less keyboarding. Mai Pen Rai!

Please come to Thailand, you will see what i mean, like the wine line though :D

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed it appears it is the old Thai blokes gain, his daughter arrived in a brand spanking new Toyota Fortuner yesterday, red plates plastic on the seats etc, nice to feel that i've contributed in someway.

Indeed it appears it is the old Thai blokes gain, his daughter arrived in a brand spanking new Toyota Fortuner yesterday, red plates plastic on the seats etc, nice to feel that i've contributed in someway.

Any idea where his daughter works? :o

You can blame all the young drunken Thais and their Big Leos for these crazy laws. 7/11 used to sell beer at some stores; clearly they got into trouble and clamped down on every store. You can always find a chinese store guy who will sell, just do yourself a favor and check the dates, that old beer is nasty undrinkable pisswater

everybody knows their beer dude. mine is the san miggy

Agreed, the San Mig light tastes like nats piss to me, but have friends who swear by it, when i was in the Phils, San Mig Pale was the go, as long as he keeps selling me ales, all will be fine and dandy, i think if they know you you'll always get an ale from those type of shops, even if there's a 24 hour ban :o

I am guessing that planning ahead and putting a few extra bottles/cans in the refridgerator has not been a success? Works for me. :o

CB

:o

I am guessing that planning ahead and putting a few extra bottles/cans in the refridgerator has not been a success? Works for me. :D

CB

Sure, but when out and about, the fridge is not within arms reach :D

Last few visits I've been stop at the register with 'you can't buy beer now', either before 11am or 2pm - 5pm. It is annoying, but it's supposed to stop the youngsters getting drunk. Guess they can't buy it the night before....

With a heafty post count and not being aware of the limited alcohol sales hours I would say you need to spend more time in LOS and less time on line!,

Yeah Lampy... you need to get out and spend more time in Thailand... :D

:D

BTW, 2003 was a pretty good year for Aussi wine wasn't it?

:D

Bendix- What's the problem with that? Just because you're literate doesn't mean you need to play the snob.

I think nothing screams 'I'm happy in my own skin' more than a stumbling, disoriented, overweight, aging farang in a sweat-soaked t-shirt, ragged shorts and rubber slippers, with a large Chang in one hand and a fresh juicy morsel in the other.

Cheers.

p.s. The chang is my beer, not my lady friend--not that there's anything wrong with plus-sized ladies.

I think nothing screams 'I'm happy in my own skin' more than a stumbling, disoriented, overweight, aging farang in a sweat-soaked t-shirt, ragged shorts and rubber slippers, with a large Chang in one hand and a fresh juicy morsel in the other.

Yes, you're quite right. And that, of course, is why so many of us enjoy so much esteem from our gracious hosts.