Need a replacement key for Ford Ranger

4MyEgo

4MyEgo....  You are probably better off getting your original fob & key with just the "new" key swivel mechanism, than if you'd actually got a "new" fob and a new key, so I wouldn't complain.

As you say, if it happens again, simply replace the key swivel mechanism from an old fob (maybe with broken electronics), which you could probably pick up for next to nothing.

For 1000 bt, consider it a cheap lesson learned... (you were all set to pay 4-5000 for a complete new unit from Ford, IIRC).

And thanks for keeping us all appraised..  A lesson for all of us here, and if I ever need to do the same I'll buy you a beer..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve73 said:

4MyEgo....  You are probably better off getting your original fob & key with just the "new" key swivel mechanism, than if you'd actually got a "new" fob and a new key, so I wouldn't complain.

As you say, if it happens again, simply replace the key swivel mechanism from an old fob (maybe with broken electronics), which you could probably pick up for next to nothing.

For 1000 bt, consider it a cheap lesson learned... (you were all set to pay 4-5000 for a complete new unit from Ford, IIRC).

And thanks for keeping us all appraised..  A lesson for all of us here, and if I ever need to do the same I'll buy you a beer..

Yeh, all good mate, lesson learnt as you said.

My update was just to clear things up and make others aware, I wasn't complaining over spilt milk, just highlighting the event and as you say, it's sort of a warning to others.

I will gladly spend an extra 1,000 baht on a good looking chick, but he UGLY, besides, next customer who contracts me is paying me $40 more, one has to re-coupe one's losses every now and again and inflation works in many ways as it does here with Thai's ????

With regards to paying FORD 5,000 baht plus, NO WAY in the world was I going to do that, i.e. I can be a cheap Charlie at times, e.g. I won't go over 2,000 for a pretty filly, but there can always be a 1st time, so that would be 3,000 max...lol

I will take you up on that beer, cheers ????

• Like 1