AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

texanaust

*edit:

i just got an message from DTAC, that my contract "unlimited net at speed 10Mbps" renews automatically, just need to make sure my balance is sufficient (650thb excl. VAT)

but still gonna check at DTAC store later

1 hour ago, Buuge said:

*edit:

i just got an message from DTAC, that my contract "unlimited net at speed 10Mbps" renews automatically, just need to make sure my balance is sufficient (650thb excl. VAT)

but still gonna check at DTAC store later

Their 90 day 10 Mbps package is cheaper @ 1391 baht inclusive *104*598#

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Buuge said:

Hey guys,

it seems like the unlimited package with limited speed for DTAC are (still?) available:

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

But they have become more expensive. Now the 4mbps/30days is 700thb, for which i paid in February 10mbps/30days

Ill check my DTAC shop in the evening coz mine expires in 2 days

They are all still available. Go No Limit is the wrong product. The product is Net No Limit. See my note on their 90 day package if you are in Thailand for long enough.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

Their 90 day 10 Mbps package is cheaper @ 1391 baht inclusive *104*598#

Thanks this worked perfectly ???? I just asked at the store for this package and they did all the booking

On 2/13/2019 at 2:26 PM, gaviny said:

Thanks mate , all very confusing, do you know if I just top ups 100 baht and return from overseas in 4 months , that it still will be available.My 6mbps package finished last week and as I'm leaving next week I didn't renew

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just drop an email to [email protected] with your concerns and they will help you out. I've done it many times and they never failed to solve my issue online.

Just give it a try.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2019 at 4:09 AM, Na Fan said:

What I've found is that all of these so-called "unlimited" packages are really false advertising. From what I've seen, all of those packages come with a set limit of data for which you get the full speed, and once you hit that data limit you're getting throttled.

Nothing to do with "unlimited".

Ironically, that isn't actually documented alongside those offers. Found out only after a couple call center calls.

incorrect, i've used one for months, great price, speed as expected and unlimited as advertised.

7 hours ago, gaviny said:

I concur ,have used it for 2 years and it is as stated , Unlimited and never throttled.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As many have stated here again and again, people with sim cards registered before Feb 1st can still use the unlimited packages. Everyone else only gets packages with a data limit and significantly low speed after you have used the included data. Prices for old unlimited packages also seem to have changed and are a lot higher now. Not sure if the unlimited option is also affected. Maybe someone can give an update if unlimited is still available after April 1st. 

4 minutes ago, deux said:

As many have stated here again and again, people with sim cards registered before Feb 1st can still use the unlimited packages. Everyone else only gets packages with a data limit and significantly low speed after you have used the included data. Prices for old unlimited packages also seem to have changed and are a lot higher now. Not sure if the unlimited option is also affected. Maybe someone can give an update if unlimited is still available after April 1st. 

I've had 'unlimited' AIS data for 10 years, and despite what they claim, in heavy use months I get an SMS saying speed is being reduced.

I've had a DTAC 4mbps Unlimited package for the last 2 years @ 499b per month and then a DTAC Golden Dog extended package. Used the sim in a Netgear

mifi for my Chromebook with no problems.  

I'm in East Pattaya (Khao Talo) and the DTAC package has been good overall and have often used 70-80gb a month. Watching movies, Netflix etc has consistently

been good.

However it's just expired and I could not find anything similar from DTAC to replace it. So I decided to swap sims with my phone AIS sim and buy an AIS 

12 month Unlimited package through myAIS. I topped up 3500 from my bank online and bought the package today, April 1st.

Working all ok and confirmation sms from AIS below -

1/4/19 1:56 PM Mao Mao 3,500Baht (Included VAT), you can enjoy unlimited Internet at max speed 6Mbps valid for 12 months.

* As others have said the sim must have been registered before February 2019

Edited by directstep
extra info

5 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I've had 'unlimited' AIS data for 10 years, and despite what they claim, in heavy use months I get an SMS saying speed is being reduced.

Not the same form of package...how many times does the same thing need to be written?

What I've found is that all of these so-called "unlimited" packages are really false advertising. From what I've seen, all of those packages come with a set limit of data for which you get the full speed, and once you hit that data limit you're getting throttled.

Nothing to do with "unlimited".

Ironically, that isn't actually documented alongside those offers. Found out only after a couple call center calls.
I got mine in October 2017 and it renewed itself automatically. It is truly unlimited as I have used over 30 gigs a month nearly every month and it's never slowed down. It does run 642B a month and only get 200 minutes phone time. After 6 months I got overseas service automatically included at 3b a minute.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, directstep said:

I've had a DTAC 4mbps Unlimited package for the last 2 years @ 499b per month and then a DTAC Golden Dog extended package. Used the sim in a Netgear

mifi for my Chromebook with no problems.  

I'm in East Pattaya (Khao Talo) and the DTAC package has been good overall and have often used 70-80gb a month. Watching movies, Netflix etc has consistently

been good.

However it's just expired and I could not find anything similar from DTAC to replace it. So I decided to swap sims with my phone AIS sim and buy an AIS 

12 month Unlimited package through myAIS. I topped up 3500 from my bank online and bought the package today, April 1st.

1/4/19 1:56 PM Mao Mao 3,500Baht (Included VAT), you can enjoy unlimited Internet at max speed 6Mbps valid for 12 months.

How stable is the speed? I have been using the unlimited 4Mbps monthly package for 2 years and it has always been great. Subscribed a week ago on arriving back in Thailand and got the msg that the package would increase to 650 baht from 1 April. But, the speed has been all over the place to no internet for up to 10 minutes at a time. Never had this before. Anyone else?

27 minutes ago, rhodie said:

How stable is the speed? I have been using the unlimited 4Mbps monthly package for 2 years and it has always been great. Subscribed a week ago on arriving back in Thailand and got the msg that the package would increase to 650 baht from 1 April. But, the speed has been all over the place to no internet for up to 10 minutes at a time. Never had this before. Anyone else?

DTAC speed was fine & stable - but that was before this month. Now the new monthly package is not only 150 baht more expensive but it is not unlimited. This is 

why I swapped to a yearly unlimited AIS package which is running well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, directstep said:

DTAC speed was fine & stable - but that was before this month. Now the new monthly package is not only 150 baht more expensive but it is not unlimited. This is 

why I swapped to a yearly unlimited AIS package which is running well.

I was referring to AIS. Glad yours is running well. Thanks for the feedback. I'll persist. I still have my DTAC Sim that I occasionally put a day or 2 of data on. DTAC used to have very poor reception at my place up north so I switched to AIS. Also, I did not like the fact that the monthly package automatically renewed and I had to go into an office to stop that each time.

13 hours ago, rhodie said:

Hi, could you give the code to dial to get this package? I have an unlimited marathon AIS sim that costs 2500 for 12 months but only at max 4Mbps. Thanks,

15 hours ago, smo said:

Hi, could you give the code to dial to get this package? I have an unlimited marathon AIS sim that costs 2500 for 12 months but only at max 4Mbps. Thanks,

Has it already run out or will you pay another 3500 baht + VAT to get 2 Mbps more?

17 hours ago, smo said:

I got the package online through myAIS so haven't got the code to dial sorry .....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smo said:

Try the ais link in post #2 of the link above. They have different packages all over their site and some are hard to find. You may have to install the app and get a SIM to buy the deal, but it is still possibly available.

Screenshot_2019-04-05-20-37-57-017_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.314469573504867c932a548bd1bdcf1e.png

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Has it already run out or will you pay another 3500 baht + VAT to get 2 Mbps more?

It's running out next month and I would want to upgrade when the time comes.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, deux said:

Do you guys know if there is a code for 1mbps for only 1 day? The link to the Ais webinterface kneedeep provided only has 4mbps for 1 day. I would like to test the speed before I choose the 4mbps or 1mbps for 1 month. Dont really do much Youtube or Netflix on my mobile anyway and maybe 1mbps is enough for me.

*777*33# is for 24 hours, Bht 14.

Weird thing happening right now: I have an unlimited 4mpbs package till April 16 but I get texts every couple of hours that all my data is used up and a window opens that wants me to buy additional data. If you don't pay attention or think you have no more data, you could easily be tricked into buying it. My internet is still working and the package is still active in my App. So what is this about? A new scam to make money? It's annoying...

Anyone else getting theses messages?

Screenshot_20190409-121722.png

Screenshot_20190409-121757.png

Screenshot_20190409-121842.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 12:28 PM, deux said:

Weird thing happening right now: I have an unlimited 4mpbs package till April 16 but I get texts every couple of hours that all my data is used up and a window opens that wants me to buy additional data. If you don't pay attention or think you have no more data, you could easily be tricked into buying it. My internet is still working and the package is still active in my App. So what is this about? A new scam to make money? It's annoying...

Anyone else getting theses messages?

Screenshot_20190409-121722.png

Screenshot_20190409-121757.png

Screenshot_20190409-121842.png

packages not unlimited, need to read the small print (fair use part)

a few years back I go on one of those "unlimited" plans.. and used the hell out of it, hd youtube, Netflix, you name it.

took only half a week before my internet was throttled down to slower than 56k

it was technically still "unlimited" (as in no cap that it locks) but throttled so slow that it was just unusable for anything

I couldn't even use the GPS on my phone anymore.

to the people saying that this is wrong that THEIR plans are unlimited

maybe it's true, maybe you have a grandfathered plan? (more likely you never hit the limits) but 99% of them aren't

and if any of you can find me a direct link to an an active unlimited plan that I could read the terms and conditions then I would love to do so.

12 hours ago, kekalot said:

packages not unlimited, need to read the small print (fair use part)

a few years back I go on one of those "unlimited" plans.. and used the hell out of it, hd youtube, Netflix, you name it.

took only half a week before my internet was throttled down to slower than 56k

it was technically still "unlimited" (as in no cap that it locks) but throttled so slow that it was just unusable for anything

I couldn't even use the GPS on my phone anymore.

to the people saying that this is wrong that THEIR plans are unlimited

maybe it's true, maybe you have a grandfathered plan? (more likely you never hit the limits) but 99% of them aren't

and if any of you can find me a direct link to an an active unlimited plan that I could read the terms and conditions then I would love to do so.

These plans are unlimited.

• Like 1