AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

texanaust

jackdd

I ordered the Sim card from Lazada online. But where is a true store in Chiang Mai , the nearest one is in Bangkok. 

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Just buy this Sim card: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4mbps-1-3g4g-i257626141-s396924058.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.6cca7705MBfYx1&search=1

When it arrives you have to activate it in a True shop. 12 months of 4mbps unlimited internet, so effectively 100 baht per month. For calling you have to top up money like any other prepaid sim card

1 minute ago, Ravi98008 said:

jackdd

I ordered the Sim card from Lazada online. But where is a true store in Chiang Mai , the nearest one is in Bangkok. 

A True shop can be found in nearly every shopping mall and also in many Big C and Tesco Lotus.

According to this site http://www3.truecorp.co.th/cm/shop?ln=en there are 8 True Shops in Chiang Mai city.

It has been 2 days since I placed my order and so far it says on Lazada that the parcel has been given to the agent Kerry.  What recourse do I have if all I am getting is an useless SIM card that cannot be activated by the true shop. Is it possible for me to pay  1199 Bhat and get the Sim card installed at the true shop in the Mall itself. 1200 Bhat is a lot of money to be given to a courier for a sim card. I am having second thoughts. 

Edited by Ravi98008

4 minutes ago, Ravi98008 said:

It has been 2 days since I placed my order and so far it says on Lazada that the parcel has been given to the agent Kerry.  What recourse do I have if all I am getting is an useless SIM card that cannot be activated by the true shop. Is it possible for me to pay  1199 Bhat and get the Sim card installed at the true shop in the Mall itself. 1200 Bhat is a lot of money to be given to a courier for a sim card. I am having second thoughts. 

This is Thailand, don't expect customer service ????

I ordered such a sim card from exactly the same shop to which i posted the link about 3 months ago, didn't have a problem, so i would expect it will also work in your case.

29 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is Thailand, don't expect customer service ????

I ordered such a sim card from exactly the same shop to which i posted the link about 3 months ago, didn't have a problem, so i would expect it will also work in your case.

I still would like to know if I can buy a card locally and have it installed. After all I am going to a true shop where they get the money and provide the service for one year. Why include a middle man who gets the 1200 and even is not a true authourized agent. Could you please provide me with AIS codes for 6 months @ 4 Mbps unlimited internet Data for 600 Bhat. I will go to an AIS shop pay them and use the code. Thanks again for all the help yourself and the forum has been providing me

2 hours ago, Ravi98008 said:

I still would like to know if I can buy a card locally and have it installed. After all I am going to a true shop where they get the money and provide the service for one year. Why include a middle man who gets the 1200 and even is not a true authourized agent. Could you please provide me with AIS codes for 6 months @ 4 Mbps unlimited internet Data for 600 Bhat. I will go to an AIS shop pay them and use the code. Thanks again for all the help yourself and the forum has been providing me

No to the first question and I already gave you the codes earlier. Don't make a nuisance of yourself. Just wait or use the codes I presented to you.

Edited by KneeDeep

Do you guys know if there is a code for 1mbps for only 1 day? The link to the Ais webinterface kneedeep provided only has 4mbps for 1 day. I would like to test the speed before I choose the 4mbps or 1mbps for 1 month. Dont really do much Youtube or Netflix on my mobile anyway and maybe 1mbps is enough for me.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, Ravi98008 said:

Was your 4 Mbps 12 month Truemove H SIM delivered? 

3 hours ago, stud858 said:

I just noticed the limitation of plans in the myais app.

I.e reduction of speed.

One good thing , though. They seem to have introduced speed booster like dtac has had for a while.

AIS have always had that. Keep up. ;)

4 hours ago, Buuge said:

I have the same problem, currently I have the DTAC 10mbps/30days, but cannot find it anymore (bought it end of February).

Im thinking of going for 4g unlimited data/300mbps for 1099baht, but not sure if its worth... or internet + sim combo, e.g. http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/package

Have you actually tried tapping the DTAC codes in?

*104*597# and then the Dial button for 30 days of 10 Mbps @ 695.50 baht or *104*598# for 90 days of 10 Mbps @ 1391 baht

4 hours ago, stud858 said:

I just noticed the limitation of plans in the myais app.

I.e reduction of speed.

One good thing , though. They seem to have introduced speed booster like dtac has had for a while.

As long as you registered your AIS SIM before the 1st of Feb, you can still subscribe to the old truly unlimited packages.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Have you actually tried tapping the DTAC codes in?

*104*597# and then the Dial button for 30 days of 10 Mbps @ 695.50 baht or *104*598# for 90 days of 10 Mbps @ 1391 baht

I didnt try so far.

Im just affraid charging up 700 baht and then the code isn't working anymore.

Or is it possible to check these codes with less credit?

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

AIS have always had that. Keep up. ????

Are you sure? I did spend some time not long ago with AIS staff at Big C Extra and was told no speed increase options once on a plan, but I'm not a regular AIS user and I guess it was a case of hacker staff.

Have you used the boost option?

Dtac goes from 1mbps to around 10mbps when testing with fast.com. even though they quote a fantasy speed of 100.

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

Are you sure? I did spend some time not long ago with AIS staff at Big C Extra and was told no speed increase options once on a plan, but I'm not a regular AIS user and I guess it was a case of hacker staff.

Dtac goes from 1mbps to around 10mbps when testing with fast.com. even though they quote a fantasy speed of 100.

You should never take the word of a salesperson as gospel.

If I say it is so, it is so.

Have been taking advantage of the AIS boost for years. Was much cheaper to buy the cheapest package and add the speed boost. 

Only changed when the six and twelve month unlimited speed cap came into existence.

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

To be fair, all networks speed are dependent on location. In some buildings AIS gives me high speeds with DTAC and Truemove H being low. In another, DTAC far better than the rest.

So, find out network is best for you at your location and go from there. 

As long as your SIM was registered before the 1st of Feb, all options are still open to you...and there are lots.

3 hours ago, Buuge said:

I didnt try so far.

Im just affraid charging up 700 baht and then the code isn't working anymore.

Or is it possible to check these codes with less credit?

Yes, just try one of the old one day packages on your old SIM first. If it works, it makes it more likely that the one month version will do so too.

*104*397*9# 10 Mbps 41.73 baht

If you want to do a cheaper test; *104*377*9# dial for Unlimited at 1 Mbps max speed 26.75 baht

I got the 4mbps unlimited package for 30 days today and with the activation text came the info that the price for the package will change to 650 baht after March 28th onward. Don't know if it is also still unlimited or just internet non stop with a data limit.

The woman in the AIS shop said that all the old prices might not work after that date but she wasn't sure. So maybe if your old package is expiring soon and you still want the old prices, maybe get it before that date.

18 hours ago, deux said:

I got the 4mbps unlimited package for 30 days today and with the activation text came the info that the price for the package will change to 650 baht after March 28th onward. Don't know if it is also still unlimited or just internet non stop with a data limit.

The woman in the AIS shop said that all the old prices might not work after that date but she wasn't sure. So maybe if your old package is expiring soon and you still want the old prices, maybe get it before that date.

The new product is listed as;

Unlimited internet 
Maximum speed of 4 Mbps 
Get 20 GB 
If used in full quantity 
Speed reduced to 128 Kbps

650 baht + VAT

I' guess you'll find out after the 28th if you are still in Thailand. Thanks for the 'heads up'.

23 minutes ago, johng said:

Did you calculate the very high cost to rent the frequencies from the government ?

Sorry, I do include the government as a silent partner. Same argument for the government alone. Where does all the money go?

Frequency lease, labour Income and VAT collected by the government.

A freaking huge number.

• 2 weeks later...