AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

texanaust

On 4/5/2019 at 7:51 PM, directstep said:
On 4/5/2019 at 2:21 AM, smo said:

Hi, could you give the code to dial to get this package? I have an unlimited marathon AIS sim that costs 2500 for 12 months but only at max 4Mbps. Thanks,

I got the package online through myAIS so haven't got the code to dial sorry .....

Well as my package is expiring tomorrow I checked in myAIS app today and this is what I got: an unlimited 4Mbps package with a 20GB data cap (I also went to the AIS store in the mall and was shown same "throttled" package).

ais.png

15 hours ago, smo said:

Well as my package is expiring tomorrow I checked in myAIS app today and this is what I got: an unlimited 4Mbps package with a 20GB data cap (I also went to the AIS store in the mall and was shown same "throttled" package).

Is the cap 20GB total or 20GB per month?

• Like 1

The 20GB (or GB specific to package) is data per month. 

I just tried accessing the 12 month "unlimited data" package and it does seem that these type packages have now finally gone.

I wouldn't like to say 100% for sure, maybe somebody else can check....... but I cannot get these packages against any older sim anymore.

If confirmed this is indeed bad news - it wouldn't be so bad if the monthly data rolled over but it doesn't.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:59 PM, KneeDeep said:

Since I don't work with the networks, I cannot know the answer to your question.

Just go to the orange machines outside 7/11 or Family Mart and top up 12 baht as many times as it takes to move the SIM validity to a year.

Then at least your SIM will still be alive when you return.

Is it that I can extend the life of a pay as you go for a year by just topping up multiple times at 12 baht each?  I have always just got a 1 or 200 baht top up which expires before i use them.  So, if I put 12 baht 12 times in one go I can get a year's service for 144 baht?  

1 minute ago, notrub said:

Is it that I can extend the life of a pay as you go for a year by just topping up multiple times at 12 baht each?  I have always just got a 1 or 200 baht top up which expires before i use them.  So, if I put 12 baht 12 times in one go I can get a year's service for 144 baht?  

Not quite the same but there's new DTAC machines coming online since we were here last.

Quite time-consuming but a little trick is to hit the top-up button and enter your mobile number then add 10 baht icon.  When prompted feed the machine a 100 baht note and repeat 10 times [I told you it was time-consuming].  So, you get 100 baht of credit but don't pay the 2 baht per month extension fee and get 10 months of SIM extension.  I can afford the 2 baht per month but I'm also feeding two SIMS of my own and my wife's and MIL's.  So a little saving for nothing.  

38 minutes ago, notrub said:

Yes and no. 

You pay 24 baht for the year of validity(in the form of the 2 baht fees of the machine) and keep 120 baht in credit. You may actually get to use the credit, as it will more likely still be active when you need to use it.

:smile:

Edited by KneeDeep

59 minutes ago, directstep said:

Just tried the LINK supplied by KneeDeep though and it does still seem to bring up the UNLIMITED DATA packages ....

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

If anyone buys this, please let us all know

Non Stop packages still work with old SIMS. They are just more expensive in some cases.

The question concerns the Marathon(annual) non stop packages(applied via USSD).

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been using the AIS 6Mbps / 6 Month duration option for the last 2 years and it never said any thing about being restricted to a GB amount that can be used , its always been unlimited and a constant 6Mbps .  

I recently extended that same package for a further 6 months and the new extension was registered ok. I thought no more about it until I just signed into my online AIS control panel for the AIS SIM card that I use for the same package.

Now I see that it looks like the same unlimited 6 month duration has a limit of 25GB unlimited usage and after that amount has been used up the speed will drop down .

And the SIM card has been constantly active for over 2 years ☹️

AIS Packageinfo.png

AIS control panel.png

5 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Ive been using the AIS 6Mbps / 6 Month duration option for the last 2 years and it never said any thing about being restricted to a GB amount that can be used , its always been unlimited and a constant 6Mbps .  

I recently extended that same package for a further 6 months and the new extension was registered ok. I thought no more about it until I just signed into my online AIS control panel for the AIS SIM card that I use for the same package.

Now I see that it looks like the same unlimited 6 month duration has a limit of 25GB unlimited usage and after that amount has been used up the speed will drop down .

And the SIM card has been constantly active for over 2 years ☹️

AIS Packageinfo.png

AIS control panel.png

That is the state of play now for AIS Marathon packages. 

Your choices are now http://www.mybycat.com/th/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps or https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-true-4g-4mbps-i276375772-s441307656.htm

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Crossy said:

Is the cap 20GB total or 20GB per month?

To answer my own question, it's 20GB per month.

Whilst not unlimited it's enough for my purposes as a backup connection to my TOT fibre. ????

29 minutes ago, Crossy said:

To answer my own question, it's 20GB per month.

Whilst not unlimited it's enough for my purposes as a backup connection to my TOT fibre. ????

directstep answered you a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, JamJar said:

That is the state of play now for AIS Marathon packages. 

Your choices are now http://www.mybycat.com/th/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps or https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-true-4g-4mbps-i276375772-s441307656.htm

Thanks for that , just a thought .

Have I got this correct , If you register a new AIS sim card after march the 1st of March 2019 then you can only get an internet unlimited data package that will have a cap restriction and after you have reached the cap GB size , the speed will drop for the remainder of the package duration .

If your AIS sim card was registered before the 1st of March 2019 and its been in continuing use ( in my case over 2 years )  then you once again purchase another unlimited data package for that sim card , say a 6 months duration package , then as the sim card was registered before the 1st of March 2019 ,  any new unlimited data package you purchase would not have any cap restrictions or speed throttling .   Have I got this correct , if not where is my thinking going wrong ? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks for that , just a thought .

Have I got this correct , If you register a new AIS sim card after march the 1st of March 2019 then you can only get an internet unlimited data package that will have a cap restriction and after you have reached the cap GB size , the speed will drop for the remainder of the package duration .

If your AIS sim card was registered before the 1st of March 2019 and its been in continuing use ( in my case over 2 years )  then you once again purchase another unlimited data package for that sim card , say a 6 months duration package , then as the sim card was registered before the 1st of March 2019 ,  any new unlimited data package you purchase would not have any cap restrictions or speed throttling .   Have I got this correct , if not where is my thinking going wrong ? 

Thanks 

Marathon packages are six months and over. So limited data no matter when SIM was registered.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

Marathon packages are six months and over. So limited data no matter when SIM was registered.

Correction; If your SIM was registered before the 1st of March, you should still be able to get unlimited data at 1 Mbps at 6 month and 12 month duration if you have the correct USSD code.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, directstep said:

Just tried the LINK supplied by KneeDeep though and it does still seem to bring up the UNLIMITED DATA packages ....

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

If anyone buys this, please let us all know

I don't understand the chart that opens with the link above.  There is a tab labeled Unlimited Max Speed where it shows limits on the speed so I thought that meant the data was unlimited but the speed was not.  Then comes the tab labeled Up Speed Internet which shows, according to the asterisk, that you can add data to the unlimited data but says nothing about speed. 

Can they make it any more complicated?

Is AIS managed by people who were fired from immigration?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

I don't understand the chart that opens with the link above.  There is a tab labeled Unlimited Max Speed where it shows limits on the speed so I thought that meant the data was unlimited but the speed was not.  Then comes the tab labeled Up Speed Internet which shows, according to the asterisk, that you can add data to the unlimited data but says nothing about speed. 

Max Speed: Data sold by volume

Unlimited max speed; Capped speed, unlimited data for SIMs registered before the 1st of March(apart from the long term 6/12 month plans) Capped speed and limited data for those who registered from the 1st of March.

Up Speed Internet; Full speed Internet add on for those who purchase the plans with data that slows down to 128 kbps(former unlimited plans) e.g. 1 GB over 30 days slowing down to 128 kbps for 212.93 baht. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

The prices found on that chart under Unlimited Max Speed are not what you will actually be charged(I know..) The new prices can be found here; m.ais.co.th/package-ontop/?appName=worker&lang=en under Special Internet Refill Package/Internet Non-Stop

So you can click through the links under Unlimited Max Speed, here; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais but you will be charged at the price under Special Internet Refill Package/Internet Non-Stop(+VAT). If your AIS SIM was registered before the 1st of March, your package will be unlimited.

Now you are really confused.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

Thanks 

So currently the CAT packages (  6Mbps / 4Mbps / 1 Mbps ) shown on their web site are all unlimited and have no GB data restrictions or speed throttling . I wonder how long it will be before CAT imposes the same restrictions that the other providers have now imposed . I'm going to call in at my nearest CAT shop and ask about their 6Mbps 6 month unlimited package , but I'm not feeling to confident about the outcome .

On my AIS control panel for the AIS sim I have recently extended another 6 month 6Mbps option,  it now shows that I used up the 25GB allowance in 10 days , and now the package is being throttled ( see screen shot ) . Now after the 25GB cap has come into effect and the speed has been throttled down , just trying to surf the internet is painful . I live out in the sticks and to far away for cable / telephone land line internet options , so using a mobile phone sim card is my only option , and looking at the available '' unlimited '' no cap monthly options they all seem to be expensive ( AIS 6Mbps unlimited 1 month 990 Baht ) compared to my old unlimited AIS 6Mbps / 6 Month cost of 1,800 Baht.

Last night I did telephone the AIS call canter and spoke to a lady ( very good English ) and she confirmed about activating a sim card after ( she said the 1st of February ) and how the packages were now capped and speed throttled , she said my only option now if I want unlimited no cap / no speed throttling , was to subscribe to a monthly package. ( it seems apart from a 1Mbps 6 month / year package ? )  I did say that I had been using my current AIS sim card for over 2 years , and was it possible to some how grandfather my sim card so I could still have an '' unlimited '' option , she said no. 

She then put me on hold and came back to say as I was upset and a long time AIS customer she would activate a bonus of 4Mbps 7 day package for free.

Thanks 

speed Test1.png

CAT1.png

7 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks 

So currently the CAT packages (  6Mbps / 4Mbps / 1 Mbps ) shown on their web site are all unlimited and have no GB data restrictions or speed throttling . I wonder how long it will be before CAT imposes the same restrictions that the other providers have now imposed . I'm going to call in at my nearest CAT shop and ask about their 6Mbps 6 month unlimited package , but I'm not feeling to confident about the outcome .

On my AIS control panel for the AIS sim I have recently extended another 6 month 6Mbps option,  it now shows that I used up the 25GB allowance in 10 days , and now the package is being throttled ( see screen shot ) . Now after the 25GB cap has come into effect and the speed has been throttled down , just trying to surf the internet is painful . I live out in the sticks and to far away for cable / telephone land line internet options , so using a mobile phone sim card is my only option , and looking at the available '' unlimited '' no cap monthly options they all seem to be expensive ( AIS 6Mbps unlimited 1 month 990 Baht ) compared to my old unlimited AIS 6Mbps / 6 Month cost of 1,800 Baht.

Last night I did telephone the AIS call canter and spoke to a lady ( very good English ) and she confirmed about activating a sim card after ( she said the 1st of February ) and how the packages were now capped and speed throttled , she said my only option now if I want unlimited no cap / no speed throttling , was to subscribe to a monthly package. ( it seems apart from a 1Mbps 6 month / year package ? )  I did say that I had been using my current AIS sim card for over 2 years , and was it possible to some how grandfather my sim card so I could still have an '' unlimited '' option , she said no. 

She then put me on hold and came back to say as I was upset and a long time AIS customer she would activate a bonus of 4Mbps 7 day package for free.

Thanks 

speed Test1.png

CAT1.png

As long as you can transceive on the 850 MHz wave band, you can utilise the My by CAT service.

Bear in mind that DTAC still have truly unlimited capped speed packages, though I don't know if there is a cut-off date for their SIMs.

They might still have 10 Mbps over 90 days for 1391 baht available.

AIS currently only have unlimited 1 Mbps available over six and twelve months. AFAIK.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

As long as you can transceive on the 850 MHz wave band, you can utilise the My by CAT service.

Bear in mind that DTAC still have truly unlimited capped speed packages, though I don't know if there is a cut-off date for their SIMs.

They might still have 10 Mbps over 90 days for 1391 baht available.

AIS currently only have unlimited 1 Mbps available over six and twelve months. AFAIK.

Thanks again

I am using a  D-Link DWR-921 4G LTE 10/100 150Mbp/s 3/4G Router with a built in SIM card slot .

And looking at the spec sheet for this router it can use the following MHz wave bands ( see screen shot ) 

So it looks like my wireless router should be ok to use the CAT option.

About an hour ago I had a telephone call from the same AIS call canter lady I spoke to last night , she said that to subscribe to the free  4Mbps 7 day package , I would have to take my AIS sim card out of my wifi router and place it in a mobile phone , then she gave me a code that I have to send from the mobile phone that would then activate the free 4Mbps 7 day package .

In all of our telephone conversation last night I never told her that I had my AIS sim card installed in my home stand alone wifi router , so how did she know that my AIS sim card was in a router and not in a mobile phone with the hotspot option enabled. 

I did in our telephone conversation today again ask her what options I had to subscribe to an AIS internet package that would offer no GB data restrictions or speed throttling , she again said the only option for me would be to subscribe to a pre paid monthly package ..

6Mbps @ 990 Baht per month
4Mbps @ 695 Baht per month
2Mbps @ 481 Baht per month

I have searched the AIS web site but as yet failed to find any of these exact packages shown above as talked about by the AIS lady .

As my AIS 6Mbps / 6 month current package is currently being throttled down in speed, I thought I would try on the same AIS sim card, by adding a test package ….. 3G Internet 99 Baht 1 GB for 15 days .

When this package was activated I did a speed test ( see screen shot ) and was amazed at the results.

407713199_newspeedTest.png.3db40db713a2fd534f2012e0364e13f7.png718476172_DWR1.png.106dc8d35170f0317db28653ca2f9994.png 

In the location where I live the Dtac signal is poor .

8 minutes ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks again

I am using a  D-Link DWR-921 4G LTE 10/100 150Mbp/s 3/4G Router with a built in SIM card slot .

And looking at the spec sheet for this router it can use the following MHz wave bands ( see screen shot ) 

So it looks like my wireless router should be ok to use the CAT option.

About an hour ago I had a telephone call from the same AIS call canter lady I spoke to last night , she said that to subscribe to the free  4Mbps 7 day package , I would have to take my AIS sim card out of my wifi router and place it in a mobile phone , then she gave me a code that I have to send from the mobile phone that would then activate the free 4Mbps 7 day package .

In all of our telephone conversation last night I never told her that I had my AIS sim card installed in my home stand alone wifi router , so how did she know that my AIS sim card was in a router and not in a mobile phone with the hotspot option enabled. 

I did in our telephone conversation today again ask her what options I had to subscribe to an AIS internet package that would offer no GB data restrictions or speed throttling , she again said the only option for me would be to subscribe to a pre paid monthly package ..

I have searched the AIS web site but as yet failed to find any of these exact packages shown above as talked about by the AIS lady .

As my AIS 6Mbps / 6 month current package is currently being throttled down in speed, I thought I would try on the same AIS sim card, by adding a test package ….. 3G Internet 99 Baht 1 GB for 15 days .

When this package was activated I did a speed test ( see screen shot ) and was amazed at the results.

407713199_newspeedTest.png.3db40db713a2fd534f2012e0364e13f7.png718476172_DWR1.png.106dc8d35170f0317db28653ca2f9994.png 

She can tell, as you are on their network. So she can see the model of device that you use, possibly via the IMEI. It's not unusual.

The plans she has described are available here; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais Ignore the prices indicated. You'll pay the price that she told you, as indicated here; m.ais.co.th/package-ontop/?appName=worker&lang=en But don't use the second link to subscribe or you will subscribe to the data limited pack.

Don't have a link for their 2 Mbps plan.

Truemove H has long term plans available again(for one month) from tomorrow. But only 4 Mbps max.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks again

Typo in your AIS price list; 6 MBbps is 909.50, not 990

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Typo in your AIS price list; 6 MBbps is 909.50, not 990

Thanks for taking the time to reply 

I’m not sure where I’m going wrong but when I look at the AIS 1 month / 6Mbps On – Top Package 
Its showing the 25 GB cap / 128kbps throttling option , and not as the AIS call canter lady described
(  no GB data restrictions or speed throttling . (  see screen shot ) 

Can you please tell me where I am going wrong ? 

Thanks 

AIS-1.png

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

She can tell, as you are on their network. So she can see the model of device that you use, possibly via the IMEI. It's not unusual.

The plans she has described are available here; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais Ignore the prices indicated. You'll pay the price that she told you, as indicated here; m.ais.co.th/package-ontop/?appName=worker&lang=en But don't use the second link to subscribe or you will subscribe to the data limited pack.

Don't have a link for their 2 Mbps plan.

Truemove H has long term plans available again(for one month) from tomorrow. But only 4 Mbps max.

????

• Thanks 1