Foreigners arrested - because Thais said they smelled bad

webfact

Foreigners arrested - because Thais said they smelled bad

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thais on a tour bus in the south complained to the police at a checkpoint that around ten passengers were annoying them because they were stinking the bus out. They suspected that they were foreigners. 

Chumpon immigration found that 13 of the passengers - intermingled among the rest of the passengers travelling on the Bangkok to Chian Yai service via Thung Song - were illegal Myanmar workers with no papers. 

Sanook said the checkpoint was set up in the night between KM markers 451 - 452 on Petchkasem Road in Tha Se district. 

Earlier on Saturday the bus had set off from the Southern Bus terminal. Both drivers had been contacted by a man they called "O" who asked them to pick up the workers in Samut Sakhon and take them to Surat Thani.

The drivers - employees of ST Sri Suthep Tour - were arrested after they admitted being paid 1,200 baht for transporting the illegal workers on the air-con bus. 

Sanook said that the arrest of the Myanmar nationals was as a direct result of their body odor. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I was complimented for being so clean.  My GF actually bragged to her relatives about how many showers I took. How incredibly bizarre.

many thais seem to have a belief that westerners stink. before moving to pattaya to sell her wares my girl said that it was the main thing that was putting her off getting into the game.

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Sickening is the key word here.

Obviously, you have never been obliged to sit next to some one who stinks to high heaven - simply because he/she hasn't kept themselves clean. It is a foul, vomit inducing stench.

To have multiple people smelling the same would be horrendous!

I don't care if they're feeding family and kids - what's that got to do with hygeine?

I have, its not fun. But Im not telling the police or immigration. Thats what the feeding family and kids part has to do with this whole thing. I deal with the situation myself. Complain to the bus company and/or bus driver if you must, insist on a solution.

Edited by DeeMak9