Cambodian arrested after dog lover sees her favorite stray being prepared for dinner

webfact

Cambodian arrested after dog lover sees her favorite stray being prepared for dinner

11pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Laem Chabang police were called to a construction workers' camp at Poseidon in Sri Racha after a female Thai dog lover complained that a stray dog she loved had been killed and was being prepared for dinner. 

Yada Phokaew, 48, said that she and a friend fed the dogs in the area of the camp. She went out at the weekend intending to round up one female stray to take her for spaying. But Yada could not find her so she went into the camp to investigate. 

There she saw a Cambodian man boiling up water and putting it on her favorite pooch to remove its fur. The Cambodian has slashed the neck of the animal and was preparing it for lunch. 

She took pictures of the scene.

The police were called and arrested Brek Noree, 50, and charged him with animal cruelty. 

He admitted killing the dog but said that he did it in a fit of anger after the creature killed some of his chickens. 

Thai Rath featured pictures showing two men wai-ing over the dog's corpse outside the police station. 

Thaivisa notes that Thais often do this to the bodies of dead humans in an act begging forgiveness called "wai khor khama". 

It is not every day one sees the same gesture to a dog. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

I am a dog lover i have 3 on my property all strays i rescued as pups

They now lead the "life of Riley" but are great guard dogs

So i am asking If the woman loved the dog so much whys it still  a stray (albeit  a dead one now cant blame the guy at all!

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

Actually i have eaten dog, along with camel i would rate as the most unpleasant meat i have ever tasted

Really?? I ate dog meat in Northern Thailand, and in Mexico. In Thailand it tasted so so, in Mexico the lady had it done up GREAT. Tasted beautiful, along with refried beans, chipaties and some sort of sauce.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

RIP dog.  Cambodian workers should be paid more , need to kill dogs to survive.  

Read the OP might be a good idea.

He did not kill to dog in order to survive.  He killed it because it killed his chickens.

I don't get how Thais and most farangs, will eat all animals, but for some reason a dog is different?  

Just now, RichardColeman said:

Seems any chickens running around on the roads and paths are fair game to me.

How do you know they were running around on the roads?  He might have had them under the chicken basket things.  

If you had chickens or animals on your property and stray dogs got in and killed them you would think that was OK? 

What about any dog running around on the roads and paths...…. they should also be 'fair game' to you then.

2 hours ago, UPDEHSOI said:

Really?? I ate dog meat in Northern Thailand, and in Mexico. In Thailand it tasted so so, in Mexico the lady had it done up GREAT. Tasted beautiful, along with refried beans, chipaties and some sort of sauce.

Nothing wrong with dog meat. Barbequed - garlic, bit of oyster sauce. Just think of the possibilities.

Round up all the soi dogs - euthenise with appropriate utensil, into boiling water - remove skin, slice groin - extract excrement and urine sac - remove head, no-one would know the difference.

Would resolve Thailand's dog problem and introduce a new food for poor people. 

Why not? Chinese, Korean, and others do.

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Favorite 'stray' dog and her 'intention' for spaying - how that statement is so convenient in it's timing. Just about sums up the soi dog problem here and how animals here are adopted on a temp basis (when it suits the 'big hearted person') 

The equivalent to stealing to buy milk for the baby!

50 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Nothing wrong with dog meat. Barbequed - garlic, bit of oyster sauce. Just think of the possibilities.

Round up all the soi dogs - euthenise with appropriate utensil, into boiling water - remove skin, slice groin - extract excrement and urine sac - remove head, no-one would know the difference.

Would resolve Thailand's dog problem and introduce a new food for poor people. 

Why not? Chinese, Korean, and others do.

No expert on dog meat, but I think it would be rather 'dry' if barbequed. A nice curry or stew would be better.

Archived