How Is Eva Air?

tijnebijn

I look forward to my flights with them in two weeks. I fly from BKK to LAX on two 777's which I really look forward to. On the return, From LAX to TPE its a 777 but its one of the old 747 Combi's from TPE back to BKK. Oh well, its only 3 hours or so and I believe the Combi 747's have personal TV's in economy class but the other full passenger version 747's dont have PTV's in economy. Can anyone confirm this? To the OP, did the old 747 you flew have a personal TV? Was it the half cargo/ half pasenger version?

I made sure we were scheduled on the leg with the combi 747 just to get the personal TV, so I hope we have not risked our safety for nothing! I look forward to hearing the cargo containers bang around in the back of the cabin!

Hey aussie.Nope I did not have a personal tv.And yes the 747 I flew was half cargo and half with passengers.

Its called mixed configuration,they should notice that on your ticket.

Anyway have a good trip and enjoy the cargo banging around,although just from taipei you will probably not even notice it.Big chance it is the same plane,cause after landing in BKK it flies straight to Amsterdam.

Maybe after your return you can give an update how it was.Cause there are many mixed opinions but mostly very good.Offcourse taking bnus points and fly with business class should be the top of the bill,but we are just talking about economy.

I use them and I'm fairly happy with them overall. The only complaints I ever had has been what I perceived to be preferential treatment of the Taiwanese/Chinese passengers on a couple of flights when it came to getting snacks etc. This was when all of the cabin crew on the LHR - BKK flight were all Taiwanese I believe, now they seem to be about 50% Thai and I'm happier with the service.

I use them and I'm fairly happy with them overall. The only complaints I ever had has been what I perceived to be preferential treatment of the Taiwanese/Chinese passengers on a couple of flights when it came to getting snacks etc. This was when all of the cabin crew on the LHR - BKK flight were all Taiwanese I believe, now they seem to be about 50% Thai and I'm happier with the service.

I found this out also,in the flight to A'dam I did try to have a better seat,but the flight was packed with Taiwanese,so you can imagine there was no chance .I was travelling with my mother and we wanted to sit next to each other,which I applied for,but after it was a mess.Although eventually we could sit together after persuading a man,luckily.These flights with eva have at the window side 3 chairs next to each other.Before I always have flown with Chinan airlines which planes have 2 seats at the window side,which is more comfortable ofcourse ,when travelling together......But anyway I think the airline overall was mediocre,but I think the flights to Heathrow are much better ,the new planes make a lot good I think.

It was interesting to read all these views from everyone with there own experiences with this airline,it was for me interesting to read all these comments.