Looking for Agent to sell condo

cmsally

As the title says, I am looking for agents to help sell my condo in central BKK. Have tried a couple but they don't seem very active to say the least. If anyone has had any good experiences please let me know the details. Thank you!

Look at DD PROPERTY....find out what agents have units listed in your building, or better yet..an agent that has recently sold one in your building.  Also, most buildings have an in-house person..and that can work.  I really like RIN Marketing, but she will want an exclusive listing.  Condos are very commodity oriented, because there are so many, even in your own building, that it is pretty easy to set a sellable price, and usually a little decrease will move it.  

Thank you for all the advice and PM's . Keep them coming if there are any more. The building actually has very few units for sale and the price is very reasonable when you compare it to the brand new places. I think it will just take a bit of effort on my part and finding some good agents.

The office knows its for sale and there is one particular agent who seems active. She found me a buyer but the scenario got a little weird. She seems OK but gives off a very strange vibe. In the end they were only interested in getting a big discount and I wasn't interested. So it just got chalked up to one of those strange experiences!

There is always going to be a group of lowballers, who will think you will sell cheap as a foreigner, who possibly has to return home.  Make them show proof of funds...a number of them are just trying to work as a middleman, and don't have nearly enough finance to close the deal.

7 minutes ago, blackcab said:

@cmsally You definately need to list it on ddproperty (and other similar websites) in English and Thai.

That is all most agents will do in terms of marketing, and most of them do not do it well.

So far I have it on Pantip and Prakad.com 

I had a look on DD Property and ironically I think one of the agents that contacted me earlier has actually listed it with no inside pics and marked up the price by 100k. There are only a few units for sale so it is pretty easy to spot ! 

As a wannabe buyer, I'd say that the market is way overpriced so you're idea of pricing will differ from prospective buyers. I certainly will not get caught out in a downturn with prices where they are now.

You've even qualified your statement, compared to new models - which are hugely overpriced.

DD property is best for searching. I've never understood Prakard. Upload many pics, watermark them all. Contact DD to remove agents. When the condo is cluttered with low quality ads I don't click. If the condo has one pic, it's always just the outside, I click away. Show the balcony or most impressive pic in the condo first.

Don't bother with an agent.

Interested in how one pre qualifies someone wanting to have a look? Email a bank balance? That's not going to work in many cases. I'd certainly object.

Archived