Do You Type The Way You Talk ?

Jeffery Stanthorpe

Hi all you all

I guess from the way I type some of you guys can tell I’m American, Same as I can tell where some of you folks are from.

I am originally from Ascension Parish, Louisiana which is in the souther region (of the United States of America)

I sometimes type the way I talk and other times I type like proper, like if I’m thinking real slow or if I’m drunk or if I’m feeling a little zoned from my medication.

All my British buddies here in Pattaya speak real funny and use the “ F” word pretty much every second word… guess they wouldn’t last long in this forum :o

So guess what I’m asking do you type like you talk or do you a different "forum" accent :D

Chupoon May Crap :D

i think, increasingly i talk the way I type. not with all and sundry though, but with the friends I've made (or friendships i've strengthened) on here and on my.yahoo messenger, i'll be more inclined to talk the lingo of the forum.

LOL.

Because, unlike in thaivisa, I'm a firm believer in Voltaire's famous line about it being better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all possible doubt.

Was he the same guy that wrote " some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them" guess means more or less the same :o

From reading your posts I reckon you read alot of books and stuff. Been doing a lot of reading myself lately, :D ?

Any good books you would care to recommend ? :D

Because, unlike in thaivisa, I'm a firm believer in Voltaire's famous line about it being better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all possible doubt.

:o:D:D Think that sometimes I would do better to remember this.....

If I write like I talk,or maybe better said how I think,you will not understand a bit of it.

Even is against the forum rules...............(different language) :D

So you can understand why non native speakers(english)can write down ,sometimes or many times ,such weird posts,cause We and I,have to translate it all the time.......... :o

Was he the same guy that wrote " some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them" guess means more or less the same :o

From reading your posts I reckon you read alot of books and stuff. Been doing a lot of reading myself lately, :D ?

Any good books you would care to recommend ? :D

Jeffery, I say again, you're definitely a one off, God threw away the mould! Anyway that quote of yours sounds like one of Oscar Wilde's.

Here's another good 'un:

I have noticed that nothing I never said ever did me any harm. Calvin Coolidge ( more recently plagiarised by Donald Rumsfeld)

Edited by qwertz

No, I do not usually speak in essay form unless there is plenty of espresso (or beer) involved and the right companions. Once in a while, it can be fun to live out a Socratic dialogue.

Here, I am constantly trying to use the forum like email or usenet, because I have too many years of practice communicating long, complete arguments and discussion in those forms, with half or full day delays in response. I've never really felt comfortable with instant messaging unless the other party can type very quickly, and we can really have a real-time conversation with short, interleaved phrases.

I cannot stand to sit online and attempt a "conversation" when everything moves at 1/10 the speed of a normal chat. I want to get up and do something in between statements, out of sheer boredom! In fact, sometimes I get frustrated in real life conversations at work because people speak too slowly in the region where my major clients are, as compared to where I grew up. I want to slip them some stimulants just to get things moving a little faster. :o

Heck I've never really thought about.

Sit in front of the cpu drinking beer, watching television, playing games, reading a book, having a tuss.

The cpu is just sitting there calling calling calling, you type & don't even really notice what you are doing. Call it second nature, like driving for exampe. How many of you actually concentrate on the road on a long Sunday afternoon drive.?/???

Soundman.