Land borders - give the passport to the driver?

We are going to get into Koh Kong border.

The bus company said the driver will collect our passports for the visa and do it for us when arriving.

They said we can ask to do it by our own and show our passport to IO, and have to decide before arrival.

Is there advantage/disadvantage letting them do so? (Risk of failure)

Thanks.

Let them do it, its tried and tested and probably done daily, also there's a bung to allow you to come back to Thailand the same day.

Just check when going to Thailand arrival desk that if you have a visa the number is on your arrival card otherwise you'll only get 30 days.

Ignore if not a visa run back to Thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Let them do it, its tried and tested and probably done daily, also there's a bung to allow you to come back to Thailand the same day.

Just check when going to Thailand arrival desk that if you have a visa the number is on your arrival card otherwise you'll only get 30 days.

Ignore if not a visa run back to Thailand

He is coming into Thailand from Cambodia obtaining visa exempt stamp. He did not make it clear

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Mmm.. not clear.

one said let them the other day do not.

we are coming from Cambodia , visa exempt 30 days, not a visa run, just have a passport with 2 SETV(2018) .

Well the second poster knows that now. He didn't from your op. Which was completely ambiguous. 

Perhaps he didn't read your previous 4/5 threads on your journey. You have been given good advice from many in those threads. Lot of which you skipped or complained about. Even your trip from kampot to border you had good advice (from others) ..Might add it did not include sihanoukville.

Anyway the bus your on will drop you border. Then change. That company doing it (getting stamp) for you or doing it yourself is up to you. Then you have huge trip to bkk. I would have good kampot to trat. About 6+ hours. Then next day trat to bkk also 6+. That was also suggested in couple previous threads.

• Like 1

op i am not sure what you are doing, are you doing a quick in/out from and back to Thailand, if so the driver can do you Cambodian entry, you have to do the Thai entry, or are you entering Thailand from Cambodia, if so you need to do the Thai entry

26 minutes ago, steve187 said:

op i am not sure what you are doing, are you doing a quick in/out from and back to Thailand

12 hours ago, Rob4 said:

we are coming from Cambodia , visa exempt 30 days, not a visa run, just have a passport with 2 SETV(2018) .

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

12 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Mmm.. not clear.

one said let them the other day do not.

i missed this post,  so in that case you will have to deal with Thai immigration as they require a photo to be taken

So I thought I will tell you how it went.

1. Cambodia visa office (leaving the country) is hell. Many people, every guy spend 15 (!!) minutes to only leave this fck country, they work slow they are stupid, they take photos and fingers and what’s not. They took bribe 10usd from my gf from Vietnam only to leave their country.

2. You walk to the Thai border- a new world. Quite, organize, no problems no questions, smiles and your are in.

Some more bribe inside to the Cambodian who carry your bags. 

Bus right to Bangkok(happy I did that)

Thats it.

Cambodia is awful.

Thailand is great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Thats it.

Cambodia is awful.

Thailand is great.

I found the opposite, Poipet looking for a 100bht bribe and slow, Vs AranyaPhatet looking for trouble and slow.

Still, nobody forces us to travel, no wait Thailand forces me to travel every 90 days.

Edited by BritManToo

On 2/24/2019 at 4:38 PM, Rob4 said:

The bus company said the driver will collect our passports for the visa and do it for us when arriving.

I always wondered what happens if the driver disappears with everyone's passport?

In view of all the 'running from scene of accident' stories.

Edited by BritManToo