oversea transfer 800000 THB to KK

Hello,

soon i will convert my TV to a non immigrant O Visa. So as i understand the 800000THB have to be in my account when i apply for the visa in CW

I have to transfer the 800000 in 3 parts from different banks outside thailand . So 300000 from X Bank, 300000 fromy Y Bank, and 200000  from Z Bank

I have an account with KK Bank. How i, or KK Bank, can provide proof to the immigration all these 3 transfers coming from an oversea bank?

Is an updated bank book enough?

Lets say i move this 800000 THB then from my KK Bank to my BKK Bank account for a fixed deposit. How BKK Bank can provide proof then it is from oversea?

Last question. Like i wrote i will first convert from a tourist visa to a 90 days non immigrant visa.

Is this only possible in BKK, or also pattaya, Hua Hin?

Thank you

Pity your not still home country. For other members thinking about bringing 25k USD into Thailand to satisfy the 800k baht gig. Bring it over in green. Exchange joint like super rich. To add ...all the transfer wise etc fans. Save it. It does not stack up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

doesn't the first application require two bank letters?  one showing the balance that matches the passbook, and the second that confirms the 800k came from overseas?

Instead of converting he could travel to perhaps Vientiane to obtain non o. Money in Thai bank not required to be showed from coming from o/s.

Members correct me if wrong.

OP, I don't quite understand your need to move the funds from KK to BKB. Clearly if BKB receives the money from KK, it is a domestic transfer not foreign.

If your intention is to open a fixed deposit with BKB, why not transfer directly there. I know for a fact that all my foreign remittances to BKB show a "FTT" code in the passbook and they can certify their origin. I cannot say for KK.

As for your retirement extension, I am not sure that the funds need to be from abroad. What immigration wants is a letter from your bank certifying that you have at least 800k, along with your passbook for that account. Ideally it should be issued, and the passbook updated, the day before you go to immigration - though I have read posts of 2 days before being no problem.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Pity your not still home country. For other members thinking about bringing 25k USD into Thailand to satisfy the 800k baht gig. Bring it over in green. Exchange joint like super rich. To add ...all the transfer wise etc fans. Save it. It does not stack up.

Apart from the fact that bringing 25k USD in cash into Thailand requires going through customs, I doubt that super rich will issue a declaration that the funds are from abroad (which was the OP's question, whether it is required or not).

Transfers: I get charged by my bank in Europe (your mileage may vary, for me it's 19Eur/transaction), and then 500THB by my bank here. It's in my account in less than 24 hours. Maybe there are ways to save a few Euros, but if I am transferring several thousands, frankly I don't feel I am being stung very much and I have my peace of mind.

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Apart from the fact that bringing 25k USD in cash into Thailand requires going through customs, I doubt that super rich will issue a declaration that the funds are from abroad (which was the OP's question, whether it is required or not).

Transfers: I get charged by my bank in Europe (your mileage may vary, for me it's 19Eur/transaction), and then 500THB by my bank here. It's in my account in less than 24 hours. Maybe there are ways to save a few Euros, but if I am transferring several thousands, frankly I don't feel I am being stung very much and I have my peace of mind.

Two words....EXCHANGE RATE.

As for customs.,..amounts  exceeding 25k USD must be declared. 

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

You don’t have to prove to immigration the money is from outside the country.

Why not? I was under the impression that it was required to show the money came from overseas to obtain a conversion to a Non-Imm-O entry!

9 hours ago, hadock said:

Lets say i move this 800000 THB then from my KK Bank to my BKK Bank account for a fixed deposit. How BKK Bank can provide proof then it is from oversea?

You could leave the 800k baht in KK bank until you apply for the 90 day non immigrant visa and then move it to Bangkok Bank after your application is accepted. Then just show the money in Bangkok Bank when you apply for extension and the after 2 months apply for the extension. You will not need proof it came from abroad to apply for the extension of stay.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bangkoken said:

Keep in mind the funds must be on deposit in a Thai bank for a period of three months prior to application of the Non 'O'

For a non immigrant visa (category O) at immigration the800k baht only has to be in the bank on the date of application. That is why proof of the funds coming from abroad is required. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

For the first extension of stay application under the current rules it is only has to be in the bank for 60 days.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

the best alternative is OFX, smart currency exchange or the like. dont accept the bank's TT rate.

6 minutes ago, samsensam said:

the best alternative is OFX, smart currency exchange or the like. dont accept the bank's TT rate.

I have used OFX few times. (excellent customer service). They are pretty much on par with transferwise. Folk maybe interested in net article something like..."clash of titans" in search results for international money transfers.

In any event both are not as good as bringing money into Thailand in home currency and exchange here.

I use super rich (green one).

Edited by DrJack54
Error

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Two words....EXCHANGE RATE.

As for customs.,..amounts  exceeding 25k USD must be declared. 

I have brought in money in excess of 25k and never had to declare. When taking out o& the US be prepared to declare if there are customs agents at the gate.  The form is fincen105 ( I think)

11 minutes ago, statman78 said:

I have brought in money in excess of 25k and never had to declare. When taking out o& the US be prepared to declare if there are customs agents at the gate.  The form is fincen105 ( I think)

You didn't declare coming into Thailand because you are not aware of the imm law. There is no limit to money you bring into Thailand however amounts in excess of 25k USD must be declared. I'm not USA. But yes for AU you must declare on departure card amounts over 10k aud. However its not actually required. 

On 2/24/2019 at 9:57 PM, hadock said:

Is this only possible in BKK, or also pattaya, Hua Hin?

As far as i know you have to make the application at the immigration office in the province of where you live, letter from bank, make a transaction,update your bank book all must be done the same day you make your visa. You are aware that it has to be in the Thai bank for 2 months before i hope. 

Edited by brianthainess