Locals and business operators protest luxury condo in Kata Noi

webfact

Locals and business operators protest luxury condo in Kata Noi

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__4243921.jpg

Business operators and locals in Kata Noi have marched to protest a luxury condo construction.

Kata Noi locals were led by executive president of the Kata Thani Collection hotels group, Sombat Adiset. The protest aimed to halt the construction which has already begun.

Khun Sombat says, “This started two years ago and locals have been fighting to stop the construction ever since. Our petitions and documents have been sent to officials but nothing has happened.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/locals-and-business-operators-protest-luxury-condo-in-kata-noi

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-25

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

There are also construction projects going on on the hill above Kata Noi.

As far as I can tell all illegal due to the angle of the slope, no idea bout land issues.

FAT brown/red envelopes distribution...start illegal building, sell so called "leasehold" titles to some not well informed buyers, pocket hundreds of millions, stop giving envelopes, construction stops, run away with money and some of the not well informed buyers will kill themselves because their greedy make them loose everything (was explained to me buy somebody in Phuket that used to work at a foreign consulate)

• Sad 1

The Kata Thani clan whipping up a frenzy huh?  So they are protesting as the land is nor sor sam gor and not chanote?  I thought upgrading from nor sor 3 gor to chanote was something that isn't that difficult to do. IIRC, there was a push a number of years back to upgrade to chanote on nor sor 3 gor.