Non O and x2 Land crossings

If you have a Non "O" based on marriage to a Thai, I take it the "no more than 2 land crossings in a calendar year" "rules" don't apply?

And out of interest, do you always need the 20k in your pocket? (I appreciate it is very rarely asked for)

Many thanks

RAZZ

The 2 entries per calendar year limit is only for visa exempt entries at a land border crossing. If you have a valid visa for entry the rule does not apply.

You do not need to worry about the 20k baht at most border crossings.

Avoid the Aran/Poipet crossing to Cambodia since they may tell you that you have to enter the country by air after you enter Cambodia.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 2 entries per calendar year limit is only for visa exempt entries at a land border crossing. If you have a valid visa for entry the rule does not apply.

You do not need to worry about the 20k baht at most border crossings.

Avoid the Aran/Poipet crossing to Cambodia since they may tell you that you have to enter the country by air after you enter Cambodia.

Thank you very much.

I was going to go to the UK for a week, but I'm having issues with changing my original flight ticket as Thai seem to be full for the next week or so.

So, I will probably go to Udon Thani on Thursday and then get the bus over the border and come straight back.

Might have a night out in town if I'm too lazy to fly back to Bangkok the same day.

P.S If stamp says "admitted until 1st of March" does that mean I can leave the 1st or do I have to go 28th Feb?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

3 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Thank you very much.

I was going to go to the UK for a week, but I'm having issues with changing my original flight ticket as Thai seem to be full for the next week or so.

So, I will probably go to Udon Thani on Thursday and then get the bus over the border and come straight back.

Might have a night out in town if I'm too lazy to fly back to Bangkok the same day.

P.S If stamp says "admitted until 1st of March" does that mean I can leave the 1st or do I have to go 28th Feb?

RAZZ

Midnight march 1. Good idea spend night in udon day-night bars.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

You do not have to go to Udon to do a crossing to Laos.

You could do the crossing at the Ban Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar. No full page visa sticker and the total cost is 960 baht verses 1500 baht for a Lao visa on arrival.

Or you could go to immigration and apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for a fee of 1900 baht.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Midnight march 1. Good idea spend night in udon day-night bars.

Been once before and it was cheap and quite a good laugh. I think I went to Havana Bar and the Brickhouse?

What are the prices for beers? I've forgotten! ????

RAZZ

9 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Been once before and it was cheap and quite a good laugh. I think I went to Havana Bar and the Brickhouse?

What are the prices for beers? I've forgotten! ????

RAZZ

Havana bar is out back. Different kinda bar. Zan Zee bar has happy hour 3-8pm. Say hi to Nee. ALL beers 60 baht.

Basic mixers (gin tonic etc) 50baht.

Same deal bars opposite. Sport bar (nice place) 70 baht. Brick house have tap beers UK style and good prices and food excellent. 

Cheapest hotel is top mansion 450 baht/night. Bit up from that is Old Inn (new place) and place named @home. Both tad under 700baht

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Havana bar is out back. Different kinda bar. Zan Zee bar has happy hour 3-8pm. Say hi to Nee. ALL beers 60 baht.

Basic mixers (gin tonic etc) 50baht.

Same deal bars opposite. Sport bar (nice place) 70 baht. Brick house have tap beers UK style and good prices and food excellent. 

Cheapest hotel is top mansion 450 baht/night. Bit up from that is Old Inn (new place) and place named @home. Both tad under 700baht

Thanks very much.

Last time I was there I spent one night in The Charoen Hotel and one night in the The Irish Clock.

RAZZ