It's the little things (that p__s you off)

roger101

to me it's the little things PLUS the little things PLUS....and after 1,000,000 little things plus the heat (big thing), pollution (big thing), bad drivers (this is a big thing, not a little thing to me), i do need 1000 hours of meditation.  doesn't work, but i try....

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

No point going to extra effort to make a point or win with an idiot who’s parked his bike so close to mine. It would aslo make it more difficult for others trying to get past. 

There are too many careless idiots around, we’ll never win trying to re-educate all the numpties around us, its easier just to get on with it, move the bike just enough so I can get my bike out and get on with my day without letting the small stuff stress me... And that’s what I do.... but when a Topic such as this crops up, it gives me a point to make and that’s about as much as I care about it !!!... 

Yes, good post, but I have always had a hatred of anyone blocking me in when they are too lazy to walk a little bit. This goes back to when I lived in the UK.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, puukao said:

to me it's the little things PLUS the little things PLUS....and after 1,000,000 little things plus the heat (big thing), pollution (big thing), bad drivers (this is a big thing, not a little thing to me), i do need 1000 hours of meditation.  doesn't work, but i try....

Back in the UK, I used to get bad-tempered/irritated about anything and everything that annoyed me.

One of the good things about living in Thailand (to me), is that it's taught me to be far more relaxed and easy-going about minor irritations ????.  I still occasionally get annoyed, but it only lasts a few seconds and I'm FAR less likely to make a fuss about it.

Nonetheless, threads like this are very enjoyable as they make us laugh about all the petty things (and we know they're petty!) that annoy us.

• Like 2

My two cents worth:

*People who can not take of their backpacks on the BTS and MRT.

*Air horns on buses and truck blaring away. Who listens or cares.

*Whistles to back up a car. Learn to drive! Most cars nowadays have cameras. stick that whistle where the sun doesnt shine!

*Cellphones zombies at the top of an escalator, standing in an elevator door, or blocking the sidewalk.

*Motorbike blocking sidewalk so people have to walk in street.

*Tuning on the A/C and leaving the doors and windows open.

*Setting the temperature to 18 on the thermostat and then 

when it gets too cold open the door.

*Buses set A/C on high and everyone has a blanket and is coughing and sneezing.  I tell them to turn it down or if no one is in the drivers seat I set it to medium.

*Drivers who try to run you down when in their cars and motorbikes but give you a big smile on the street or in a store.

How phony!

*Walking across the street and the cars are stopped. Get in line with the first headline and the driver will pull ahead 2 feet.

Intimidation or what?!

On 2/27/2019 at 1:02 AM, Snow Leopard said:

Don't get me started on airports and travellers. I am sure that 90% of people check in their brains along with their luggage when making a trip through an airport. 

• Standing in groups of 10 on a travelator moving at 2km/h so no one can get past. Normal walking speed is roughly 5km/h. 
  • Waiting 10 minutes in the security check line then once at the machine start removing their clothes and taking out a 10kg of metal objects from their pockets. Then still leave something on them that beeps 5 times. 
  • After getting on the plane then take 10 minutes to decide where their seat is actually located although it printed out for them on the boarding pass. At which point they then act like they are choosing furniture for their house. 
  • Arrive at the immigration desk and then start filling out the form. 
  • Getting on the plane with 10 pieces of hand luggage and 15 duty-free bags and then take up all the overhead space available within a 3km radius. 
  • The TSA in the USA. Their intelligence and IQ is lower than people who work in Walmart. 

Just a few for starters. 

The first one is my pet hate