"Drunk" Brit with prosthetic arm caused Pattaya accident - Thai media

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I wonder why it has become fashionable in the news media to use the word 'wounded' for cases of accidents, surely 'injured' would be the correct word to use, this isn't a battle field and nobody is shooting.

Agree but maybe English is not the poster's first language?

22 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Agree but maybe English is not the poster's first language?

I've seen the word wounded for people injured in accidents used in English newspapers as well. It seems too much to ask to use one's own language properly these days, innit.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

I've seen the word wounded for people injured in accidents used in English newspapers as well. It seems too much to ask to use one's own language properly these days, innit.

Love your last word. ????

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So it was his fault,brit just tried to avoid him no doubt

If the Brit had avoided DUI in the first place this accident would never had happened - not more complicated than that... :coffee1:

20 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

Definitely another bad Foutuner it seems they are often involved in accidents. He must have had a brake failure,if he uses that as an excuse then it's not his fault.

very true Thais get away with "brake failure" all the time....even though they are useless at driving !!

On 2/26/2019 at 8:38 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

I just wonder why you would film wounded people and post it on internet?

How else would you be able to criticize everyone. It was an event and the observer has shared it with others. You are not obliged to watch.

22 hours ago, fruitman said:

I noticed that after an accident the Thai always stay on the floor for a long time.....why is that?

Sometimes they are dead. Sort of difficult to be active when that happens.

In respect to those with lighter injuries, perhaps they read TVF? I often read here, the injured parties should never be moved. Therefore they could be following the  bwana's advice.

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

If the Brit had avoided DUI in the first place this accident would never had happened - not more complicated than that... :coffee1:

When was it established the chap was DUI. Maybe his prosthetic arm malfunctioned. Or maybe he say one of the ugly farangs in a thong on beach road and was distracted. Watch the video and you will see some of them.

15 hours ago, bust said:

As per usual the Thais are more interested in taking video than helping th injured 

Not true. Plenty of assistance was  provided. What more did you want unqualified people to do? Start emergency surgery with their nail clippers and ear wax pickers?  The portly farang lady was being attended to by her friend and the  chubby Thai male was doing just fine.

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Crashing a fortuner is expensive, without running over all those motorbikes, and injuring at least 4 people. Hope the guy has lots of insurance.  He will need lots of money to get himself out of this mess.

Geezer

Could have been worse, they could belonged to the local Hell's Angels.

1 minute ago, tlandtday said:

you mean the guys with the beer guts and the walkers?

On good thing about TV is the anonymity...

I mean to say you would not appreciate them looking you up and calling round

...when they find there dentures. :whistling:

The Brit does not look like a typical tourist, he is young, in his 30s? He wear long pants , maybe a business owner in Pattaya ?

I am surprised his name has not been mentioned yet in the media, they are quick to do that.

Maybe his network includes the police.... a brown envelope will take care of that.

7 hours ago, balo said:

The Brit does not look like a typical tourist, he is young, in his 30s? He wear long pants , maybe a business owner in Pattaya ?

I am surprised his name has not been mentioned yet in the media, they are quick to do that.

Maybe his network includes the police.... a brown envelope will take care of that.

I know him he is a decent bloke been out with him, he lives in Pattaya and is British, he lost his arm in the Iraq war, what I have heard is that he was not drunk and a Thai guy on a motorcycle pulled out in front of him and he ploughed into 14 motorcycles to avoid hitting the Thai guy head on.

Archived