"Drunk" Brit with prosthetic arm caused Pattaya accident - Thai media

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, greenbottle555 said:

They tested his alcohol, but the report doesn't say he had any in him. So it's either very poor reporting or he simply had no alcohol in him. They said he "appeared drunk" but that means nothing, people appear in such a way to fit a context and a guy who just had a wreck like that, in pattaya, would already be presumed (therefore appear) drunk.

I wish the reporting actually was better because as it is written, he didn't consume any alcohol and the only thing suggesting that is the hear-say that always gets injected.

you also have the effects  of "shock"  to contend  with

4 minutes ago, Formaleins said:
5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Poor Thai guy on the ground , everyone seems to be ignoring him. Even the ambulance passed on by. 

He seemed a little bit busy on his phone.

He is busy talking to salespeople, spending all the money coming his way.

These tragic stories bring out sick attempts at humour, experts who read an article and know-it-all and assorted uncivil comments.

These articles are often written by "reporters or relpeaters", who may rely on second, third or slight of hand information.

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I just wonder why you would film wounded people and post it on internet?

it's called "news reporting".

it happens a lot around the world.

before the internet, it was on TV and before that in movie theaters.

some people called "reporters" would also go and record when they talked to people and ask them what they had seen to then broadcast it.

4 hours ago, greenbottle555 said:

They tested his alcohol, but the report doesn't say he had any in him. So it's either very poor reporting or he simply had no alcohol in him. They said he "appeared drunk" but that means nothing, people appear in such a way to fit a context and a guy who just had a wreck like that, in pattaya, would already be presumed (therefore appear) drunk.

I wish the reporting actually was better because as it is written, he didn't consume any alcohol and the only thing suggesting that is the hear-say that always gets injected.

Nonetheless another quality tourist..........but this one will pay a very heavy toll.

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

It's the same with pyromaniacs, they also film fires and injured people and post it, they probably get some kind of (sexual?) satisfaction from it.  

15 minutes ago, Rampant20 said:

Nonetheless another quality tourist..........but this one will pay a very heavy toll.

I bet the injured already have filed a lawsuit against him with help from greedy lawyers. 

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Prosthetic arm or not, having an accident like this when drunk will normally see you in jail for a significant period in many places around the world. This being Thailand, it is more likely to be a case of how much money it costs him.

Probably more than he'll get for the Fortuna in scrap value !!

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes, same thought as mine. I have previously commented on the morbid curiosity of the Thais and the lack of respect for the victims. You would not see photos/clips like this in the UK press.

5 hours ago, greenbottle555 said:

I'm sure if it were a Thai driving this  ^^ reply wouldn't have got as many likes.

5 hours ago, greenbottle555 said:

Thats right, he might be drunk or he could have had a fit. Dont hang him until the breatho results are in. 

Regardless he did certainly make a mess of the parked bikes and victims. 

i passed this accident scene,as they were cleaning up...Either way, the fortuner driver must have been traveling at very excessive speed{busy area} to cause that much damage...

another idiot foreigner that needs to be sent home, banned from thailand.

hes lucky many people were not killed...

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As always the reporting we read in this articles is clumsy beyond belief. 

I've worked with Thai journalists and not one would last a week in the Real World. But then, when you are taught from birth never to question what chance does a Thai journalist have?

Archived