how this is possible?

a friend who was on overstay for more than 10 years was cut by immigration and deported to france,is french, come back a month later to laos ,where he live now,he get a new passeport and com back in thailand a less two time,how this is possible! the immigration find out when he was retourning in laos and let him go...

I wonder if he did a name change or had dual nationalities and did a name change on that passport.

Unless immigration made a mistake he should of not been able to enter the country since the system links a new passport to another passport he had before.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

Legally it’s not possible if they’ve been banned.

However they are getting back in the country they are doing it illegally.

Lawyers (the right lawyer) can clear it up. It’s very expensive. My friend was blacklisted and paid to have it removed.

That was a couple of years ago. Probably even more expensive now.

Edited by dcnx

14 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Lawyers (the right lawyer) can clear it up. It’s very expensive. My friend was blacklisted and paid to have it removed.

That was a couple of years ago. Probably even more expensive now.

Sure, I know it’s possible to get bans lifted. My point was that if banned and you enter, the entry is illegal.

Sounds like he just got lucky and the immigration officers at the Thai/Lao border just didn’t properly check thoroughly enough in the computer or biometrics system and now he’s probably in Thailand illegally.  I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.  Sounds like he just got lucky.  

45 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Sounds like he just got lucky and the immigration officers at the Thai/Lao border just didn’t properly check thoroughly enough in the computer or biometrics system and now he’s probably in Thailand illegally.  I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.  Sounds like he just got lucky.  

From what I understand, as per the OP, the guy lives in Laos, but has done short border crossings into Thailand (at least twice)... and has been caught upon returning to Laos the last time. 

It seems a bit strange that he managed to go through the net more than once, but anyway it seems that it's game over for him, and that he is now stuck in Laos... which is a bit like being stuck in time, like 70 years ago or so... 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, ukrules said:

Maybe they're slackers at the Laos border and didn't check it properly on the way in?

there is only one way to check at the border, what is on the computer,he was deported for about 3 month all ready,he as only one new passeport whit the same name,some one told me immigration check only by passeport number?hard to believe! he now he can not come back in Thailand,and when immigration find out when he return to laos they let him go!  he try to come back in Thailand because he know something about but I can not figure out!

1 hour ago, no deal said:

there is only one way to check at the border, what is on the computer,he was deported for about 3 month all ready,he as only one new passeport whit the same name,some one told me immigration check only by passeport number?hard to believe! he now he can not come back in Thailand,and when immigration find out when he return to laos they let him go!  he try to come back in Thailand because he know something about but I can not figure out!

It is most probably because he knows SOMEONE, rather than something. 

There are plenty of people who cross the border every day, and they get to know the immigration officers. 

So, it is possible that he crossed along with a guy like that, whom the IOs don't check. 

I would be rather surprised that he crossed the border alone... 

32 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

It is most probably because he knows SOMEONE, rather than something. 

There are plenty of people who cross the border every day, and they get to know the immigration officers. 

So, it is possible that he crossed along with a guy like that, whom the IOs don't check. 

I would be rather surprised that he crossed the border alone... 

I cross this border before and I think you right the border agent probably let him go for some raison...

, that why when he go back to laos they let him go whit no problem!